• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs dtilt is better than bair

Xenoraven

Smash Rookie
Was derping around one day and noticed that dtilt actually has really good range plus a decent disjoint, by far the longest-reaching of jiggs' tilts. Too bad it comes out on frame 10 and does literally nothing.
In all seriousness, is there ever a legitimate use for dtilt, imo one of the worst moves in the game? Poking at a shield from a safe distance without going to the skies? Maybe a weird edgeguard where the opponent is too far away for dash attack to hit, but close enough to the edge that there's not enough time to run-off aerial?

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes i poke with it because it will come out and attack the space I'm aiming at faster than anything else without putting me closer to the opponent. And jiggs is still decently short during the move.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Maybe for throwing out a quick hitbox that travels across the ledge a tad, making it difficult for certain recovering characters? Doesn't DTilt poke through some platforms too?

It's still a pretty mediocre, situational move though.

:144:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
If D-tilt can hit someone, dash-attack can as well as you definitely travel far enough. It isn't useful at low percents because of its terrible knock-back and lag (39 total frames, hitbox comes out 10-12) while B-air lets you safely add damage if timed OK. Not to mention b-air is much more disjointed, seeing as Jiggs grows a tumor when she kicks. Sure, there are IASA frames on frame 30, but f-tilt is only 27 frames long and the hitbox comes out faster (frame 6), but not as disjointed. Still, a better option if you have to throw out a quick hitbox (except for jab). I use to do jab -> d-tilt, but I found that jab -> f-tilt/ grab are much better options.

Just for comparison on hitbox comparison between b-air and d-tilt.

B-air's disjointed hitbox (Frame 11):
https://imgur.com/a/cniMj

D-tilt's disjointed hitbox (Frame 11):
https://imgur.com/sNocAyB

Last edited:

Trix420god

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TRIX#721
Was derping around one day and noticed that dtilt actually has really good range plus a decent disjoint, by far the longest-reaching of jiggs' tilts. Too bad it comes out on frame 10 and does literally nothing.
In all seriousness, is there ever a legitimate use for dtilt, imo one of the worst moves in the game? Poking at a shield from a safe distance without going to the skies? Maybe a weird edgeguard where the opponent is too far away for dash attack to hit, but close enough to the edge that there's not enough time to run-off aerial?
its not lmao

Top Bottom