• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs Combos

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Aside from all the Rest combos what are some other combos i can to to rack up %? like what should i be doing to get the enemy to that magic % in witch landing upair to rest will combo and kill.

King Ching

Smash Cadet
At low percent Jigglypuff can fair the enemy on the ground and immediately grab them.

Also upair and uptilts are good combo starters at low percent. Upair and uptilt can combo into more upairs, dairs, or fairs.

Pound can also combo into things, but sometimes the opponent can get out of it. It depends on their DI and how early/late the pound hit.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
At low percent Jigglypuff can fair the enemy on the ground and immediately grab them.

Also upair and uptilts are good combo starters at low percent. Upair and uptilt can combo into more upairs, dairs, or fairs.

Pound can also combo into things, but sometimes the opponent can get out of it. It depends on their DI and how early/late the pound hit.
Thx, very helpful!

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
I just learned rising pound is safe at early percentage. This is because Jigglypuff rises higher and is able to do a follow up faster than the opponent can get out of it.
Nice!, I haven't tested it but i think landing Dair to Utilt its good option too, correct me if im wrong. Also Soft Fair at mid~high % can lead to tech chases or if they dont tech a dash attack or Fsmash.

ChozoBeast

Smash Rookie
Pound to f-air to d-air or vice versa is my favorite combo because he can lead to a grab or another d-air.

Glerma

Smash Cadet
That feel when I have been playing Jiggs just looking for hard reads into rest and realize there are combos you can do reading this thread O_O

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Basically there's no real combos that you can consistently do at 0%, and at mid % most of those combos are really dependant on DI. But here's a couple of stuff that should be universal for Puff players:

- Priority should be racking up damage with poking tools like rising Pound and follow up with Fair or Nair. Of course you can go for the Uair combo if you find the opportunity but recommended when the opponent makes the mistake of doing a poor move that leaves it open. In that case the popular string is Uair, Utilt, Dair, Fair. Characters with fast aerials can trade against you when you go for Dair and even when you go for Utilt. You could try to mix up with a Pound if they airdodge instead (never tried it though).

- Jab lock should be really important if the opponent is on the range of 32% - 40% for midweights, 40% - 50% for heavyweights and 46% - 60% for Bowser and K Rool (super heavyweight). The reason being because once you go past those numbers your chances for taking out a stock gets really low and makes things harder with all the rage mechanics and stuff. This is basically the moment you want to go and take out the stock. The closer you are to the minimum range the better, as it is harder for them to tech.

- Use Fair or Nair to put them on hitstun and jab them once when they don't tech. Might need to fast fall the aerial because they get up fast. After the jab immediately follow up with sing. After the opponent is put to sleep there are two situations that may happen:
1. If after the jab lock the character is left with roughly 5% - 10% past the initial % gap you can either use the early hit of Uair into Rest or use the late hit of Uair into Rest.
2. If the character is left with roughly 15% - 20% past the initial % gap, only the early hit can follow up to Rest. Otherwise they fly too far up. So you must fast fall the Uair for that to work.

If you manage to pull that stuff you should get a stock off. But take in mind that players can DI the Uair, so adjust according to their habits.
Edit: There's a couple of boards that gives you precise % for each characters. Look up Jigglypuff RESTS on everybody in Battlefield and such. Will come in handy.

- Depending on the situation, you can get a Rest from a sour spot Fair. You get it by either doing the move itself when trying to trade in the air, or by following up with a late hit rising Pound that let's you connect that sour spot Fair. Easier on fat characters, harder on slim ones. Don't need to use a jump to connect the Rest.

- The rest is really about knowing kill moves and some gimping situations. Obvious kill moves like Bair and Dash attacks should be your go to when they're at high %. But by that I mean at roughly 120% ish. If gimping, there's literally a string of only Fairs. Depending on weight you either need to use a jump or throw 2 Fairs in one jump.

One last thing that kinda matters is that Puff is rather sluggish compared to the majority of the cast, so it's always important to throw out moves whenever you're moving.

If you're feeling kinda spicy you can parry into Rest if they're throwing out a telegraphed dash attack or aerial.

Last edited:
Top Bottom