• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's 0 to Death Combo

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

Okay, now before you go clicking away "it's not a true combo" "no DI lol" "I swear he touched the ground", let me go into this more. this can 0 to death every character if you set it up right, but it's sometimes hard to. Also, it is a true combo, this is a bunch of already known puff combos strewn together. Dair is really hard to do right, because you need to properly trap them, and then launch them foward while ending in maximum air mobility. @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder did a video on Dair to rest on youtube, so check that out for instructions with more depth.

The variation I showed in the video is the simplist combo: FFUair-Utilt-Dair-Fair-Rest This one only kills on a few members of the cast, and is stage dependent.

Other variations:
Fair-uair-utilt-dair-fair-rest
Fair-uair-utilt-dair-dair-fair-rest
Fair-uair-utilt-utilt-dair-dair-fair-rest

So one thing I did mess up in this video, is you should do uair closer to the ground so it combos lol. You can skip fair if you really want to, but extra damage makes rest kill earlier often times. Now FFUair is really hard to set up, you almost always have to get the opponent to whiff something with empty hop bait or something. Fair is almost always a better option, except on lighter characters. The fair damage can make light and slow falling characters not get hit by the utilt-dair combo. Utilt to dair is really strict, so you have to be careful. Only do double utilt on super heavy or fast falling characters, to make sure you can chain a combo after dair. 2 dairs is often successful since it brings them higher up, and you can still combo into fair. The double dair is really strict, and usually works better on heavier characters with large hitboxes that arent nescessarily super fast fallers like ROB, Ganondorf, and DK.

You dont always have to start the combo at the beginning, because often times it's hard to get a good opening, and you don't wanna fret on one combo. I often times build a little damage, and maybe get an utilt later, and then do the combo. You can start with dair if you want whent their at 40% or whatever. Just because you don't get the full thing at 0, doesn't mean the combo is dead.

I was reluctant to make this at first because it's just a combo, but lots of people have had questions of variations and such, and I thought that it might be caught by non-puff players who believe the puff meta is dead. This is for ease of access, and questions on this specific combo.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
At what percent does F-Air -> U-Air combo? That doesn't seem like it would work well if they DI up.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is starting to grow on me. I never realized how smooth FFUair > Utilt is, and it could actually do good for us.

I need to lab some more.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I tried yoshi's island on the 3DS and it might work out on Halberd and other stages with platforms.

FFUair > UTilt > Uair > Rest.

This was in training mode and should still be tested. I needed to immediately rest as I made the 2nd jump and results in an earlier kill.

I want to know if it can be DI'd and who it wouldwork on. I also want to know if Uair is not needed on Battlefield's top platform.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Im sorry, but this combo is impossible to pull against characters whose aerial attacks comes out on the very first frames of startup. notable characters being...

*drums roll*

Mario and Luigi.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Frame 3 attacks make it invalid, you say? At what point(s) does it not work?

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
It feels like FFUair > Utilt is highly dependent on the opponent's startup lag.
Well, in my side of the story, people who had especially fast nairs like mario and luigi always managed to hit myself out of this string.
The same thing could be said for the following dair afterwards.
I don't really have the means to test this out thouroughly, but I feel it's important to test on who precisely this combo works on, is there really a way to break out of it, etc.
From that moment, we could develop further the thread, and explain when and how the combo could be useful.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
It feels like FFUair > Utilt is highly dependent on the opponent's startup lag.
Well, in my side of the story, people who had especially fast nairs like mario and luigi always managed to hit myself out of this string.
The same thing could be said for the following dair afterwards.
I don't really have the means to test this out thouroughly, but I feel it's important to test on who precisely this combo works on, is there really a way to break out of it, etc.
From that moment, we could develop further the thread, and explain when and how the combo could be useful.
It means you are doing it too high. I do it too high in this video, it's just that the guy who was recording for me needed it now and I was rushed lo. FFUair is pretty much lagless, utilt startup is the only issue. I havent had issues with frame 3 moves, but I will have to lab it out a bit.

NEKO'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moaksey
looks like im going to hit hte lab tonight with that down air.
nice find Jiggly

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Finally pulled off the combo in a match on a competent Ganondorf at 0%...
He didn't die and it was followed by dying via Warlock Punch at 10%...
It was at that moment I realized dair comboed into dair.
Jiggs is great.

Top Bottom