• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Video Thread

SoulPech

Smash Master
This thread will be used for anything video related for Puff, such as critiquing, combo videos, tips/guides, etc. I can also update the OP with links attached to it for quick access :3. Will post some of my own later!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Has anybody even thought about how Jiggs will work in Turbo Mode?

OT:
Match starts at 1:09

I may be new to the Jiggs scene, but the match at 3:35 is what made me start practicing. It's not the best set to watch Jiggs here, but it is an intense set. Especially the 2nd match at 3:35

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Great jiggly SoulPech, surprisingly aggressive and handled the pika matchup really well which can go haywire for you easy, and pika's aerial distance can surprisingly overwhelm jiggly at times.

You handle her really well; I know resting pika isnt always viable (thunderflip, let alone charged usmash will ruin your day) but I feel like once your rest game is even more confident and aggressive you'd be so scary to play against. Jiggly can rest out of shield and nonchalantly run into people and rest so easily in this game to the point where it blows my mind. It'd make my day to see rests handed out freely.

I'm surprised nobody has praised you yet on this thread, le sigh to the dead pm forums..

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Your Jiggs is nice, but I take it you want some form of criticism. I watched a few of your sets, like 4 or 5, and I noticed a few different things I think I could help you with.

1. When your opponent was at low percents, I noticed you used your dash attack and forward smash pretty often. These attacks can be punished and shield grabbed with relative ease. So as far as your ground game goes, don't be shooting those attacks out, or you'll be punished a lot harder than your opponent was punishing.

2. I notice you do a great job at shield poking with bair, but you get to close a few times. You're opponent didn't seem to be consistently punishing these extremely close bairs with shield grabs or any other attacks, so you got away more than a few time. This goes for ground game too. At low percents, the risk of getting your fsmash or dash attack grabbed or punished isn't worth it.

3. You do a great keeping consistent pressure on your opponent. You seemed to really struggle with Mario. I noticed you would try to retreat back after getting hit, and you would eat pills because of that. Keep pressure on Mario or you'll be racking up a lot of damage really fast. For Ivy, all I can say is to be wary of your space between her. Her bair and fair can outrange you, and if you get to close you'll be getting hit by nairs.

So overall, some of the stuff you do well on is your reads, your pressure, and shield poking.

What you need to work on is properly spacing, knowing when to retreat, and when to appropriately use your dash attack and your forward smash.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I wasn't looking for criticism lol (though I'm open to it) . There were no videos of PM Jiggs posted, so that's why I just linked a bunch of stuff on here...just so ppl can refer to something.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't looking for criticism lol (though I'm open to it) . There were no videos of PM Jiggs posted, so that's why I just linked a bunch of stuff on here...just so ppl can refer to something.
Ohh, alright. Yeah, there aren't many jiggs players in PM. I'll post some videos of me playing whenever I head out to another event.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Can you take a look at my puff?

I'm going to assume you've recognized all of your mistakes in the first stock, so I won't mention anything there :p

Firstly, some things to note overall about the Falcon matchup
If you're on the ground, crouch. When you're on FoD, crouching under a low platform can stop a lot of Falcon's approaches
DI the downthrows out and up, to prevent getting knee'd. Your friend got a lot of upairs from upwards and inwards DI, so
mix it up and DI out and down
The Falcon matchup is all about precision. Learn when your attacks will land and when they won't. Whiffing those uptilts and fairs is risky business.
Also, fair to uptilt is not a guaranteed combo
Work on your usage of aerials. A lot of times you used Fair, when a well spaced bair or nair would have worked better.
Again, too many uptilts. It's gahlike against Falcon, but not if you're predictable and whiffing it
When Falcon is recovering, work on spacing those bairials, or else you'll get hit by that upb and could become stage spike food
Also, rest and l-canceling, work on it.
My main advice is to play a lot more patient and pay more attention on what is going on with your opponent

Overall, good job!
It's great to see new puff mains, and she is a hard character to get into after playing faster characters.
Keep at it!

SoulPech

Smash Master
Watching your Puff gives me hope for Puff players lol. My only irk is you use too much UAir, but at the same time, that's her safest setup tool for rest, so I have to respect that.

You even use DACUS, which most jiggs don't, so props to that <3

EDIT: Unfortunately, Puff boards are dead and you're better off to like Ask a good puff player for advice, so I'm always up to give out critique

Last edited:

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I dropped Puff for Ice Climbers. I'm now considered the best Ice Climbers in PM and i'm ranked #13 on NY/NJ power rankings. I play Puff for fun, but the character just dies too quickly and I love trying to get rest off and get punished. Eh, i'll prob use Puff as a secondary.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Unfortunately I dropped Puff for Ice Climbers. I'm now considered the best Ice Climbers in PM and i'm ranked #13 on NY/NJ power rankings. I play Puff for fun, but the character just dies too quickly and I love trying to get rest off and get punished. Eh, i'll prob use Puff as a secondary.
I think it's probably between you and Fumbles (fumbles is still notable for top-32 in the largest PM tournament to date iirc, which was BH4). I would like to see how you do out of region as I've been excited to watch you up in NY!

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
I think it's probably between you and Fumbles (fumbles is still notable for top-32 in the largest PM tournament to date iirc, which was BH4). I would like to see how you do out of region as I've been excited to watch you up in NY!
I'll be going to a National in MA called Blacklisted so watch me there! Will be my first national too.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Top Bottom