• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Up smash combo i may have found

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I found a found when i was playing training mode attacking a diddy kong then i tried to up smash,then fair into a rest at around 40% and i want to tell people about it in case this could help jigglypuff mains and there could be some error with the fact that i do not know if the computers Di in training mode

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
They don't really di, but I do think up smash is actually a decent setup against characters without such ridiculously fast aerials as Luigi. I've often been able to get up tilt to up smash or even up smash to up smash. It might not lead into anything big, but you can certainly get good percent off it at low percent.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
My only issue with Jigglypuff's usmash is its lack of an extremely dominant hitbox compared to other characters with a similar one (headbutt) like the Mario Bros, Wario (I think), Rosalina and Luma, etc.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I wish the hitbox for up smash did not suck cause when i see marios and compare it to jiggs its kinda sad

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Yeah, it is a crappy hitbox, but landing it is pretty rewarding if you can somehow catch them with it.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
I can't get this to work. Did it register as a combo in training mode?

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
i dont think so jojii and the combo thing in training mode is not that good for checking for combos and note i tested this with diddy kong and could not work on all characters

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Even if you wanted to do this combo up smash has a awful hitbox and is slow and punishable so sadly i cant recommend it

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
i dont think so jojii and the combo thing in training mode is not that good for checking for combos and note i tested this with diddy kong and could not work on all characters
I tried on Diddy, but could't pull it off. Seemed like Usmash had far too much lag to do anything out of it.

Even if you wanted to do this combo up smash has a awful hitbox and is slow and punishable so sadly i cant recommend it
Even though it has a bad hitbox, it's worth knowing that you can do it.
I live by:
With enough situational combos you'll have one for every situation.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
I can personally recommend the occasional use of up smash; really catches people off-guard sometimes, and it's not a terrible option by the ledge in some cases if you give yourself a bit of space. Even though rest is stronger and more satisfying, up smash is actually far less risky when it comes to those hard reads. :)

Top Bottom