• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Jigglypuff Tricks: Jab

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
You forgot to mention that jab can combo into itself on moving platforms and dreamland, but I think it only works on light characters.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it's a good video! jab to pp utilt sounds useful :)

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
You forgot to mention that jab can combo into itself on moving platforms and dreamland, but I think it only works on light characters.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it's a good video! jab to pp utilt sounds useful :)
I tried that out and tested it since you mentioned it in skype, I just was able to easily jump out of it. Maybe I was doing it wrong. *shrug*

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Protip: so have you plenty of mixup room with jab grab, jabjab jabjab, jabjab grab, jab dash attack, jab fsmash, and all that. Unfortunately none of these will work very well if the opponent's jab (or other option) comes out faster than your jab. Characters with fast jabs like ZSS and Mac beat you, and ones with okay jabs but are heavier can also beat you since the hitstun is reduced.

It seems dumb or obvious, but seriously jabjab into shield is really important to think about against these characters because otherwise they know they can just mash jab as a counter and beat you, and this whole jab mixup game is dead.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
I tried that out and tested it since you mentioned it in skype, I just was able to easily jump out of it. Maybe I was doing it wrong. *shrug*
I think I've only did this against pika, two different players though. Both of them might have DI'ed in, because they didn't know the MU.

Funtroon

Smash Apprentice
What about jab 1 into a PP up tilt at higher percents? I've been testing this out in training mode for a while, but was never really able to hit it in a real match because I'm not the very best at doing pivots.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
At utilt kill percents it should be pretty solid, but if you aren't super consistent with perfect pivots have fun getting punished. Plus, if you're good with PP utilt you should be looking more for opportunities to land it on its own rather than look for jabs.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
At utilt kill percents it should be pretty solid, but if you aren't super consistent with perfect pivots have fun getting punished. Plus, if you're good with PP utilt you should be looking more for opportunities to land it on its own rather than look for jabs.
I think jab is a much safer move, and if you try to approach or do raw pp utilts they will catch on. I think jab to pputilt is a much better option.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking more along the lines of catching them in some sort of movement or landing, using it as a deceptive anti-air, etc. Most of the time I figure these situations are going to have both players moving around very fast trying not to get hit, so getting the jab is the hard part. If you're already close to them and in a split-second case where shield might come up before utilt comes out, then yeah a jab confirm would be better.

But yeah start grinding training mode I guess

Last edited:

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
TBH I always thought of Jiggly's PP as useless. But I guess I'll have to learn to do it consistently to reach the top *sigh*

Top Bottom