• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why anyone would think that the Ganondorf - Jigglypuff matchup is so heavily in favor of Ganondorf. All you have to do is let him make his own mistakes. He practically hangs himself with his own rope.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I don't understand why anyone would think that the Ganondorf - Jigglypuff matchup is so heavily in favor of Ganondorf. All you have to do is let him make his own mistakes. He practically hangs himself with his own rope.
Up-smash and high power moves with deceptive speed is why.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
He's also super gimpable and has no mobility to speak of. You wait, he'll kill himself in a sense.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call it even, I think Jiggs has important advantages largely in part to increased mobility and thus being able to dictate the pace of the match; calling it free on either side is pretty laughable though and ignores important weaknesses of both characters.

Last edited:

Skel'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skelewesh
Hey everybody. I won't lie, the BeefySmashDoods video brought me here and gave me the desire to play Jigglypuff as a solid secondary. I'm attracted about the difficulty of the character and its lack of representation.

I'm a competitive player that comes from Switzerland and even if Jiggs is not going to become my main ( I guess it's not an insult to Jigglypuff to say that she's unviable at the moment ), I'd like to do some cool stuff with her and show off my skills in friendlies. I like the fact that landing a rest feels sooooo satisfying, it's even better than sex.

I'm going to come on the jiggs' board quite often so I hope I'll have the pleasure to meet you all.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
It was nice getting a little shout-out from Beefy Smash Doods in the end of their video. :)

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeeah, game logic.
(Queue nonsensical thinking and typing at the same time.)
I mean, for that matter, if one were to hit/throw a sheet of paper or a balloon in real life, they wouldn't travel as far as something heavier like a basketball, and then an even heavier item, say a bowling ball, would travel less than the basketball, so thinking in those terms, Mr. G&W and Jigglypuff should launch less than mid-weight characters at least at low %s, but then perhaps launch farther than mid-weights with high damage? That'd actually be horrible, now that I think about it.
But back on to Mr. G&W, yes, it seems odd. :p

Browny

Smash Hater
So last week I played vs a Diddy user as puff, I beat him and he just walks off (we had like 10 matches prior which I won most of, but losing to puff triggered him or something)

Yesterday I beat an Ike user as puff and he throws his controller.

These were friendlies.

People really cant stand losing to puff. I swear, I mained puff in melee and I got less hate for playing than I do in smash 4. People are THAT SALTY over losing to a supposed bottom tier. I tell them how can you hate puff, shes so cute and they get madder. lol

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
A Diddy player left because he got beat by Puff? What a scumbag.

They call her the Queen of Salt for a reason.

Last edited:

th3lazy

Smash Rookie
So last week I played vs a Diddy user as puff, I beat him and he just walks off (we had like 10 matches prior which I won most of, but losing to puff triggered him or something)

These were friendlies.

People really cant stand losing to puff. I swear, I mained puff in melee and I got less hate for playing than I do in smash 4. People are THAT SALTY over losing to a supposed bottom tier. I tell them how can you hate puff, shes so cute and they get madder. lol
Maybe they just think that the most adorable character in the game would never be able to beat their manly characters. I get a lot of salt from my cousin for that reason. He just can't bair the pain of losing to Jiggs.

On a different topic, is there any alts for Jiggs that you guys miss from past Smash games? Green headband Jiggs was my fave.

Furret24

Smash Master

These were friendlies.

Hilarious stuff. Shame to see people get so worked up over losing to a bad character, especially when it's in a non-serious match.

Especially in such violent ways. That Ike user could've broken his controller when he threw it, and had to either get a new one or repair it. Not a smart thing to do.
:162:

Browny

Smash Hater
Maybe they just think that the most adorable character in the game would never be able to beat their manly characters. I get a lot of salt from my cousin for that reason. He just can't bair the pain of losing to Jiggs.

On a different topic, is there any alts for Jiggs that you guys miss from past Smash games? Green headband Jiggs was my fave.
Sun hat from Brawl. I loved facing away from the stage and crouching and all you could see was the hat. The sun hat in Smash 4 is smaller and since shes always facing the front you cant hide in it :(

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The ridiculously large sunhat was my favorite, too. I liked the hat that looked like it came straight from a Michael Jackson video, too.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
All I need is the Blue bow and the Green headband

The fairy wings from PM would be cool too

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The green bandanna makes Jigglypuff feel more masculine-like, which would at least let people know that Jigglypuffs can be male or female.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Have people finally let go of Jigglypuff delusions?

I can definitively see how.

The Jigglypuff board is dead.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Have people finally let go of Jigglypuff delusions?

I can definitively see how.
The Jigglypuff board is dead.
Instead of passively ****ting on puff, go somewhere else.

The boards are mostly dead because discord exists. Smashboards should still be used to save useful information though.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Just want to add that there aren't too many of us in comparison to other boards because of our main being disadvantaged (similar to other low tier character boards), and we don't always have something worth talking about. Keep in mind that a lot of the activity on other boards is made up of people asking questions that have already been answered countless times.

Also, the whole 'delusional' thing is really getting old. Just because someone sticks with a disadvantaged character doesn't mean they're delusional, it just means they like that character a lot for one reason or another. People still main Pichu and Kirby in Melee after all this time of the meta shooting them down, because that's how they enjoy the game, and you don't see them going around claiming they're going to win a national (THAT would be delusional); they just do their best and enjoy their time doing so.

Anyway, not to rant or sound snarky (sorry if I do), but my point is that while the board may look dead, true Jigglypuff mains are very much alive and still around.

I'm still really looking forward to seeing the Jigglypuff community montage and how it turns out, as I'm sure others are, and I think the possibility of an NX port of Sm4sh has had people in suspense for a little while now; that suspense will probably die down a bit as time goes on until we actually see something of what's to come instead of just hearing rumours.

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
So I changed my victory theme for Jigglypuff to the jingle when you make a deal with the devil in og binding of isaac. Looking forward to people's reactions when I get to play later today.

Top Bottom