• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Jigglypuff is a character that actually takes skill to use, so naturally, people aren't going much attention to her. It's sad, really.
Smash 4's mechanics HATE :4jigglypuff:

It's not like Melee where rest is god-like and edge guarding is a thing

Instead we got rage, different air dodge mechanics, no edge hogging and no OHKO rest

;_______________;

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Smash 4's mechanics HATE :4jigglypuff:

It's not like Melee where rest is god-like and edge guarding is a thing

Instead we got rage, different air dodge mechanics, no edge hogging and no OHKO rest

;_______________;
Rage is the only real mechanic with real malicious intent. Everything else is fine or doesn't affect Jigglypuff. Now Brawl's mechanics despised Jigglypuff with the passion of a thousand suns.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Rage is the only real mechanic with real malicious intent. Everything else is fine or doesn't affect Jigglypuff. Now Brawl's mechanics despised Jigglypuff with the passion of a thousand suns.
But edge hogging and melee air dodges did help Jiggs back then

They couldn't air dodge so they had to take all her aerials and edge hogging helped that even further

You can't do that now because you can air dodge safely and ledge mechanics were changed

And rest was there for the giggles :kirby:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But edge hogging and melee air dodges did help Jiggs back then

They couldn't air dodge so they had to take all her aerials and edge hogging helped that even further

You can't do that now because you can air dodge safely and ledge mechanics were changed

And rest was there for the giggles :kirby:
But if you read an air dodge or get a ledge trump, it could mean a free back air.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
In case you don't know yet, both I and Serynder placed 33rd at Nebulous Prime, with Serynder playing puff the most compared to me.

I gotta tell ya, I was in the rough with jigglypuff and had to switch to kirby to win sets. Playing other characters paid off in FL, but that's not gonna happen in NY. I lost to Rosalina in Winners because I thought D3 would help me out since I lost G1 as jiggs.

Won R1, R2.
Lost G1 to link, then won R3 by switching to kirby.
Lost G1 to ZSS, then won G2 by switching to kirby, and then won G3 over Sheik with Kirby to win R4.

Lost R5 to a villager. I didn't pick jigglypuff because I started to feel not so confident with her. I gotta step up my game, guys.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I just saw that Serynder vs Poyo match. And as much as I hate it, this seems like one of the best options against a Luigi.
Only thing Im not ok with though is that Serynder kept challenging him in the air for a good part of the match, which is a big mistake considering Poyo always won at those aerial trades.

I believe there is a time where Jigglypuff has no choice but to stay on the ground. And I think Serynder realized that at one point. It is quite challenging yes but once you get on the ground you get a shield and a decent ftilt as a keep away move as well as the other tilts if the conditions are right to use them.

As trivia, I feel like dtilt is gravely underrated. I know it's not fantastic but it's actually a thing against attacks you can crouch into. It's also a poke option that happens to push the opponent outside of the stage similar to Falcon's dtilt.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In case you don't know yet, both I and Serynder placed 33rd at Nebulous Prime, with Serynder playing puff the most compared to me.

I gotta tell ya, I was in the rough with jigglypuff and had to switch to kirby to win sets. Playing other characters paid off in FL, but that's not gonna happen in NY. I lost to Rosalina in Winners because I thought D3 would help me out since I lost G1 as jiggs.

Won R1, R2.
Lost G1 to link, then won R3 by switching to kirby.
Lost G1 to ZSS, then won G2 by switching to kirby, and then won G3 over Sheik with Kirby to win R4.

Lost R5 to a villager. I didn't pick jigglypuff because I started to feel not so confident with her. I gotta step up my game, guys.
You switched to Dedede against Rosalina? Did you have a death wish?

So Jigglypuff is a confirmed costume for Super Mario Maker. Once I get a Jigglypuff amiibo (IF I get a Jigglypuff amiibo), I'm going to make Super Jiggly Bros.
As trivia, I feel like dtilt is gravely underrated. I know it's not fantastic but it's actually a thing against attacks you can crouch into. It's also a poke option that happens to push the opponent outside of the stage similar to Falcon's dtilt.
It's not as horrible as I thought it was, but it's still pretty bad. It's outclassed by all of her aerials, and probably even forward tilt, and there's generally better things you could do out of a crouch.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
You switched to Dedede against Rosalina? Did you have a death wish?

So Jigglypuff is a confirmed costume for Super Mario Maker. Once I get a Jigglypuff amiibo (IF I get a Jigglypuff amiibo), I'm going to make Super Jiggly Bros.

It's not as horrible as I thought it was, but it's still pretty bad. It's outclassed by all of her aerials, and probably even forward tilt, and there's generally better things you could do out of a crouch.
WAIT PUFF IS CONFIRMED FOR COSTUME IN MARIO MAKER OMG WTF GIMME NOW PLZ GOTTA GO BUY IT BUT GAMEPAD BROKEN UGH I WANNA SEE DAT LUCIOUS BOOTY TAKE THE MARIO KINGDOM BY STORM UGHHHH I WANNA SEE DEM PUFF JIGGLE IN 8 BIT OMG GIMME PLZ ;-;

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You switched to Dedede against Rosalina? Did you have a death wish?.
Your attitude is somewhat nauseous. The match-up is not horrible. It was in her favor of course, but I had a better chance of winning compared to jigglypuff since I did not learn her match-up against Rosalina. I still lost anyways because the player knew best.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
WAIT PUFF IS CONFIRMED FOR COSTUME IN MARIO MAKER OMG WTF GIMME NOW PLZ GOTTA GO BUY IT BUT GAMEPAD BROKEN UGH I WANNA SEE DAT LUCIOUS BOOTY TAKE THE MARIO KINGDOM BY STORM UGHHHH I WANNA SEE DEM PUFF JIGGLE IN 8 BIT OMG GIMME PLZ ;-;
I'm not sure how to respond to this.

There's a screenshot so...do what you want with it. Actually, scratch that, don't do what you want.
@ Vinylic. Vinylic. Then throw up, because it's not changing. I'm just saying that of all the characters you could've chosen against Rosalina, you pick Dedede? The skill gap only added insult to injury.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
How about you tell me what you're talking about instead of blathering how picking D3 was "insult to injury." Honestly, there's no valid point in what you're saying here right now. I could pick another character of my choice and then you'd end up telling me that's also insult to injury. There was no match-up that I knew better other than D3 v. Rosalina . I don't main everyone I play here.

You're asking me to play characters I don't main and you think it's better? C'mon.
If you're preferring to try to talk sense into me, give me facts or don't bother at all.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor it doesn't matter how much better Jigglypuff does against Rosie than Dedede if you don't know HOW to fight Rosie as Jigglypuff. It could be in our favor and picking Dedede would have still been the better choice, because at least he knows what to do in that situation.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I only liked that post bc puff, not DDD hate...
Not hate, knowledge. I like fat penguins with mallets as much as you do, but it's just not s good matchup for him.
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor it doesn't matter how much better Jigglypuff does against Rosie than Dedede if you don't know HOW to fight Rosie as Jigglypuff. It could be in our favor and picking Dedede would have still been the better choice, because at least he knows what to do in that situation.
Very true, very true indeed, but I never said "how much better Jigglypuff does against Rosalina than Dedede," I just know from experience that Dedede does not do well against Rosalina, so I questioned his decision to switch to Dedede. Not that it mattered in the long run, the end result was still the same.
How about you tell me what you're talking about instead of blathering how picking D3 was "insult to injury." Honestly, there's no valid point in what you're saying here right now. I could pick another character of my choice and then you'd end up telling me that's also insult to injury. There was no match-up that I knew better other than D3 v. Rosalina . I don't main everyone I play here.

You're asking me to play characters I don't main and you think it's better? C'mon.
If you're preferring to try to talk sense into me, give me facts or don't bother at all.
Fine, why not? I said picking Dedede in addition to the skill gap that you claimed was there between you and the Rosalina was adding insult to injury. Had you picked someone who did well against her, then I wouldn't have said anything. I never told you specifically that Jigglypuff was the better option. I frankly, believe it would've been, but that's just me.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Fine, why not? I said picking Dedede in addition to the skill gap that you claimed was there between you and the Rosalina was adding insult to injury. Had you picked someone who did well against her, then I wouldn't have said anything. I never told you specifically that Jigglypuff was the better option. I frankly, believe it would've been, but that's just me.
You just said the same thing from the last post, so I still don't know what you're on about. I already explained to you that I don't know any match-up against rosalina other than D3. Do you know how stupid it is to play a character you didn't learn just because it's in favor? That's not how things work. I never thought you said jiggs was the better option, you're implying that I should've played a better character. I can agree it would have been a better option to stay jigglypuff, but I also agree that it's just you.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You just said the same thing from the last post, so I still don't know what you're on about. I already explained to you that I don't know any match-up against rosalina other than D3. Do you know how stupid it is to play a character you didn't learn just because it's in favor? That's not how things work. I never thought you said jiggs was the better option, you're implying that I should've played a better character. I can agree it would have been a better option to stay jigglypuff, but I also agree that it's just you.
Well, look, I broke it down for you. If you're still lost then you probably can't be found. I said "HAD you picked a better character," not "Why didn't you pick a better character even though you don't know the first thing about him?"

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
At this point, I'm talking to a broomstick. Whatever it is, I did not and I will not until I've fully learned each character and their MUs.

This ends here.

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
So ignoring all that, Jigglypuff was my most wanted Mario Maker character since I heard it would have amiibo support.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Now that Pokkén has officially been announced for the WiiU (and the fact that new characters are still getting in like Pikachu Libre), what would you guys think about Puff getting in that game?

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Now that Pokkén has officially been announced for the WiiU (and the fact that new characters are still getting in like Pikachu Libre), what would you guys think about Puff getting in that game?
Nah puff isn't mean enough to fit in Pokken. She can fit into smash pretty easily but the same 'personality' wouldn't translate well to Pokken IMO.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little puzzled over here. I know that Jigglypuff runs faster than Robin. Despite this, Jigglypuff can't dash past the training mode dummy (she just perpetually pushes it) while Robin can. What gives?

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
It seems like it would be an issue of a larger hitbox, but that should work both ways; other slow characters shouldn't be able to run through Jiggs if that were the case. Can Jiggs not run through Robin and Robin not run through Jiggs? That would make it clear that it's a hitbox issue, and otherwise it is not a hitbox issue.

Last edited:

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
Robin can run through Puff just fine. I'm beginning to think they specifically coded Puff to not be able to run through people to make rest easier to hit with.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I expect puff to be added as the cute character to attract younger/innocent females. Puff is also SUPER popular in Japan.

4 more spaces left on the arcade version. GONNA guess Greninja, Scizor, Mewtwo, Puff.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
@ Jiggly Jiggly Good point, considering her popularity in Japan is basically what got her in smash to begin with.

I thought Puff was the slowest character in the game on the ground, but meh. Robin's pretty darn slow.

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
I honestly have no idea if she'll be added as a playable personally. I can see reasons for both sides though. Her near cut from the last couple smash gamesgames definitely doesn't help. I think those are pretty solid guesses either way though, Jiggly.
That being said, I'd play the hell out of her if she did get in. No mercy from the Jiggs!

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
Out of the Avaliable characters, Weavile is the one I like the most. I will prob use puff if she's avaliable though.
Gardevoir #1
Edit: I forgot to mention in my last post that as much as scizor is more likely, I much prefer Scyther ;^;

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Returning for my semi-regular "being a ****ing showboat with my jigglypuff collection" post

Plushies (that back one is 2 feet tall)

Figurines/keychains/vinyl

Pokemon cards

Clothing

Not pictured: Matching pajama bottoms to white shirt, and JisuArt shirt that I ordered at smashcon and is on its way

Tote bag

Posters

Perler beads

Buttons

Papercraft

Magnets

of course my favourite puff that currently exists in my house is the 64 top player & best puff main YBOMBB, but he's not mine

Last edited:
Top Bottom