• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Are people seriously concerned about her not making it? Lol. I feel like all of the original 12 will ALWAYS be in Smash. I haven't ever mained her (I'm a Peach dude) so it's not a big deal to me but you can all chillax my little kittens, she'll be in.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel that if Jigglypuff has been reworked to include Fairy moves, Sakurai will release her before the game comes out so he can explain how she's changed throughs the Pic's of the Day.

If she remains unchanged - which is likely - he'll do as usual and keep her until the game is released/ nearing release.

I'm excited that Sakurai is leaning towards Primary colours in this game, she's going to look so pretty and bright!

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I feel that if Jigglypuff has been reworked to include Fairy moves, Sakurai will release her before the game comes out so he can explain how she's changed throughs the Pic's of the Day.

If she remains unchanged - which is likely - he'll do as usual and keep her until the game is released/ nearing release.

I'm excited that Sakurai is leaning towards Primary colours in this game, she's going to look so pretty and bright!
Yeah now that she's fairy type I'd like to see some effects added to her a moves, I dunno maybe some pink sparkles like zelda's
EDIT: Also
I'd like them to remove rollout and pound, move sing to Neutral B and make it more useful and restore rest to its former glory. Then make it's up B an actual recovery (maybe using fairy wind to create a pink tornado under it which you can then control for a short time) and giving it a fairy move for it's side B (maybe dazzling gleam, stunning opponents) and then making its final smash moonblast.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Good old Jigglypuff. Im probably one of very few People who never had a Problem with her being in Smash.

I actually use her much in the last time. I even beat Classic Mode on very hard and lost only 2 Lives....
i couldnt even do this with Falco and he is my No.4 Main. xD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Has Jigglypuff ever been revealed before launch?
No, as she has been unlockable in all previous games.

This time though, since we've had a good number of unlockables shown already, she does have a chance of being shown before release this time.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
No, as she has been unlockable in all previous games.

This time though, since we've had a good number of unlockables shown already, she does have a chance of being shown before release this time.
I dunno. I doubt she'll be revealed before launch and it might be just after release when Jigglypuff is introduced on the website (like with Brawl.)

I'm starting to think Marth and Toon Link will be starter characters, and Luigi and Sonic will remain as unlockables, since Luigi and Sonic were only revealed due to special occasions.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm starting to think Marth and Toon Link will be starter characters, and Luigi and Sonic will remain as unlockables, since Luigi and Sonic were only revealed due to special occasions.
Eh before it starts. Lets not go off topic please. Just giving a heads up.

Anyway, hoping to see Jigglypuff sometime soon. :)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Eh before it starts. Lets not go off topic please. Just giving a heads up.

Anyway, hoping to see Jigglypuff sometime soon. :)
My bad.

ON TOPIC: I don't think we'll see her until release, unless she's accidentally leaked like last time. That'd be great.

I'm hoping she's easy to unlock like in the first two games. Getting her in Brawl was a pain in the ass.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess so. But yeah, I hope she's one of the first you can unlock again like the first two games.

She doesn't really feel like the type of character you would unlock very late into the game but that might just be me being used to her being being one of the first characters you can get in the first two games... ^^

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I dunno. I doubt she'll be revealed before launch and it might be just after release when Jigglypuff is introduced on the website (like with Brawl.)

So was toon link, it was for the release of wind waker hd

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yeah now that she's fairy type I'd like to see some effects added to her a moves, I dunno maybe some pink sparkles like zelda's
EDIT: Also
I'd like them to remove rollout and pound, move sing to Neutral B and make it more useful and restore rest to its former glory. Then make it's up B an actual recovery (maybe using fairy wind to create a pink tornado under it which you can then control for a short time) and giving it a fairy move for it's side B (maybe dazzling gleam, stunning opponents) and then making its final smash moonblast.
The Jigglypuff line does not learn Fairy Wind.

My personal changes to Jigglypuff would be..
1) Using Sing in the air will make Jigglypuff spin upward in a arch, can't grab ledges but still a good last resort for getting back on stage. Jigglypuff now shoots out song notes in all f directions, they travel as far as Ness's PK Fire, the farther you are away the less you'll be asleep for.

2) Pound is now Doubleslap, It's exactly the same only Jigglypuff will use it 2-5 times, Jigglypuff stays in the air just a bit longer with each slap

3) Rest is now Disarming Voice, it's quite like sing except for the fact it does damage (8%) it's got more range than sing and the song notes go half as far if someone is holding an item they'll drop it.

4) Jigglypuff comes with her own Pokemon Trainer, but not the traditional one, Oichi from Nobunga's Conquest cheers Jigglypuff on!

...I'm not quite confident in my changes really but I'd REALLY like to see that 4th one happen.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
The Jigglypuff line does not learn Fairy Wind.

My personal changes to Jigglypuff would be..
1) Using Sing in the air will make Jigglypuff spin upward in a arch, can't grab ledges but still a good last resort for getting back on stage. Jigglypuff now shoots out song notes in all f directions, they travel as far as Ness's PK Fire, the farther you are away the less you'll be asleep for.

2) Pound is now Doubleslap, It's exactly the same only Jigglypuff will use it 2-5 times, Jigglypuff stays in the air just a bit longer with each slap

3) Rest is now Disarming Voice, it's quite like sing except for the fact it does damage (8%) it's got more range than sing and the song notes go half as far if someone is holding an item they'll drop it.

4) Jigglypuff comes with her own Pokemon Trainer, but not the traditional one, Oichi from Nobunga's Conquest cheers Jigglypuff on!

...I'm not quite confident in my changes really but I'd REALLY like to see that 4th one happen.
Like that matters ness and lucas don't use like any of their moves in their actual games, smash bros has never followed cannon and never will, why can mario and luigi use a fireball without the fire flower, why can zelda use the great fairy spells, how does mega man have more than 8 abilities, why does pikachu have like 6 electric attacks. The cannon of the games doesn't affect smash bros

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Like that matters ness and lucas don't use like any of their moves in their actual games, smash bros has never followed cannon and never will, why can mario and luigi use a fireball without the fire flower, why can zelda use the great fairy spells, how does mega man have more than 8 abilities, why does pikachu have like 6 electric attacks. The cannon of the games doesn't affect smash bros
I doubt it'll get anything related to Fairy Wind all the same, but that is a good point.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I know, it's just my opinion that I think he'll be a starter.

Ok... done being off-topic.
I don't think clones will be starters considering they never have, luigi unlockable, Ganondorf unlockable, roy unlockable, falco unlockable, wolf unlockable, toon link unlockable, pichu, doctor mario, young link

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Are people seriously concerned about her not making it? Lol. I feel like all of the original 12 will ALWAYS be in Smash. I haven't ever mained her (I'm a Peach dude) so it's not a big deal to me but you can all chillax my little kittens, she'll be in.
*Sakurai reveals Wigglytuff*

Shroob

Sup?
With Dedenne revealed today and Xerneas way back, I think it's obvious Gamefreak pushed to make Fairy type a big deal in Smash. I think Jigglypuff is safe as can be.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
With Dedenne revealed today and Xerneas way back, I think it's obvious Gamefreak pushed to make Fairy type a big deal in Smash. I think Jigglypuff is safe as can be.
Or perhaps they're making as much fairy types as possible to make sure Jigglypuff is not viable anymore?

Edit: Just thought of something. What if Igglybuff ends up being just a pokeball assist?

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
HOLY **** I GOT A JIGGLYPUFF TEE SHIRT FOR MY BIRTHDAY.

I think I'll wear it on release day (or if she's confirmed before release.)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Why would you be?
she was put on low priority in brawl. not even featured in Story mode :/

we all have a reason to be worried... i mean, there isn't exactly an unwritten rule in the Nintendo office that "none of the original 12 shall be cut".

Hes contemplated cutting Ness before. So its still very much a possibility. This might be the first smash game where he might have the balls to do such a thing and take some heat. His quote about "not having time to put all the characters in" and apologizing in advance just scares me...

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
she was put on low priority in brawl. not even featured in Story mode :/

we all have a reason to be worried... i mean, there isn't exactly an unwritten rule in the Nintendo office that "none of the original 12 shall be cut".

Hes contemplated cutting Ness before. So its still very much a possibility. This might be the first smash game where he might have the balls to do such a thing and take some heat. His quote about "not having time to put all the characters in" and apologizing in advance just scares me...
Toon link wasn't in the story either but he's back

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Toon link wasn't in the story either but he's back
but Toon Link was a newcomer in Brawl. Jiggs wasn't. She was a veteran that was put on the backburner when it came to returning characters in Brawl.

Toon Link and Wolf are the usual last minute clones Sakurai likes to add.... he did the same in Melee.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My list of changes I'd like to see in Jigglypuff, Im not saying all of them should be done, but at least some of them.

Opponents can no longer mash out of sleep: Jigglypuff uses rest and falls to sleep for 4 seconds, she can't mash out of that, players shouldn't be able to mash out of sleep and wake up before Jiggs is even done singing. Players could even at 200% in Brawl.

Jigglypuff gains health as she Rests: If they aren't going return Rest to the way it was in melee, they should at least give Jigglypuff some other kind of benefit and make it more true to the games. Perhaps the health regen can start out slow but it goes faster towards the final few seconds. That way it prevents abuseage of health regen.

Jump during Rollout: Jigglypuff's rollout is incredibly predictable, and most players just jump out of the way, what if it was possible Jigglypuff could jump once from the ground during rollout? Obviously you'd only be able to jump once and your ability to turn around will be gone now, as you are airborn.

Opponents fall asleep in air: The same way that players were disabled mid-air by Luigi's Final Smash until they hit the ground and became dizzy, only this time they'd fall asleep when they hit the ground.

The rest of her moveset doesn't really need to be changed, perhaps an new final smash. She just needs some extra side buffs to make up for all the nerfs she got in Brawl.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't think Jigglypuff should return.

Last edited:

STARRRaptor

Smash Rookie
I don't think Jigglypuff should return.
Funny I was about to say the same thing.

I bet Sakurai is really regretting adding Jiggs in the first one cause now he feels the pressure to include her in all of them. And shes fun to use and all but she's just irrelevant at this point.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Funny I was about to say the same thing.

I bet Sakurai is really regretting adding Jiggs in the first one cause now he feels the pressure to include her in all of them. And shes fun to use and all but she's just irrelevant at this point.
You know we have no idea why he added her, she wasn't anymore important than other 1st gen pokemon, she wasn't relevant then and isn't much now aside from becoming fairy type, for all we know sakurai just likes it and I don't think that would change. You aren't sakurai, neither am I

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
I remember hearing somewhere that jigglypuff is his favorite pokemon.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You know we have no idea why he added her, she wasn't anymore important than other 1st gen pokemon, she wasn't relevant then and isn't much now aside from becoming fairy type
Well that's rather incorrect, during the time of Smash 64, Jigglypuff was ranked as the 2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan and got her own cover in the early VHS days for the Anime. Add the fact that shes an easy model based off of Kirby and its easy to see why she got into smash 64. Even if you look at it in today's standards Jigglypuff is still one of the most recognizable Pokemon in the franchise to fans and non-fans alike. No, she didn't have a big role in the games, but she made a bigger appearance in the anime and her popularity is what causes her to stand out amongst all non-legendary/starter/pikachu Pokemon. Being present in all Smash Bros games up to date has caused her to gain even more popularity and infamously known for being the "joke character" even though she has infamous deadly moves such as Rest. Will she return in Smash 4? Can't say for sure, but she wasn't obviously thrown into smash for no reason, I highly doubt she just got lucky and won a 1/150 chance of being a playable Pokemon character.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well that's rather incorrect, during the time of Smash 64, Jigglypuff was ranked as the 2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan and got her own cover in the early VHS days for the Anime. Add the fact that shes an easy model based off of Kirby and its easy to see why she got into smash 64. Even if you look at it in today's standards Jigglypuff is still one of the most recognizable Pokemon in the franchise to fans and non-fans alike. No, she didn't have a big role in the games, but she made a bigger appearance in the anime and her popularity is what causes her to stand out amongst all non-legendary/starter/pikachu Pokemon. Being present in all Smash Bros games up to date has caused her to gain even more popularity and infamously known for being the "joke character" even though she has infamous deadly moves such as Rest. Will she return in Smash 4? Can't say for sure, but she wasn't obviously thrown into smash for no reason, I highly doubt she just got lucky and won a 1/150 chance of being a playable Pokemon character.
Characters like meowth had an even bigger role in the anime, so I think that he would be who they would choose and even then why didn't he cut her in brawl, that would have been the best time

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Characters like meowth had an even bigger role in the anime, so I think that he would be who they would choose and even then why didn't he cut her in brawl, that would have been the best time
Despite Meowth's role in the anime, it doesn't change the fact that Jigglypuff was ranked the 2nd most popular pokemon in Japan behind Pikachu. Basically, Jigglypuff was more popular than Meowth. If you want to take it even further, Meowth wasn't even in Pokemon X/Y and had to be transferred via Pokebank.

And yes Jigglypuff could've very well been cut from Brawl, but she survived which leads me to believe she'll have an even better chance of returning this time around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom