• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Shield Drop Uses

bowserdude69

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Jigglypuff Mains! Just wondering if anybody has any useful ways to implement shield dropping into Jigglypuff's play! I see other characters benefit so much from shield dropping but I'm unsure on how I can use it effectively as Jigglypuff as I never really see Hbox do it to often.

OldmanKarp

Smash Cadet
He does it off of the far edge of platforms when trying to land safely against Marth's and foxes. You could try that

C Stick

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Jigglypuff Mains! Just wondering if anybody has any useful ways to implement shield dropping into Jigglypuff's play! I see other characters benefit so much from shield dropping but I'm unsure on how I can use it effectively as Jigglypuff as I never really see Hbox do it to often.

rivers

Smash Cadet
shield drop rest is that hotness

also when you and your opponent are on a platform you can shield drop uair which can lead into a whole bunch of things, including but not limited to rests and bairs and more uairs, etc.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
It's good to note that shield-drop instant upair will hit someone above you on the platform. This works in a few niche scenarios (e.g. Fox rising nair onto platform). I also use shield-drop as a mitigation for Jump-squat frames. This would assist you in examples like:
- Shield-drop DJ rest on mis-spaced ariels (Luigi rising fair, Sheik FH upair/fair, Fox/Falco FH bair, etc.)
- Shield-drop DJ fair to chase fadeback from a sheik fair
- Shield-drop between Sheik up tilt hits
- etc. etc.

P.S. Pretty sure you can't shield-drop upair fox and still rest his tech in place on most stages.

Last edited:
Top Bottom