• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Jigglypuff Questions and Answers Thread

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
In this thread you can ask questions pertaining to Jigglypuff and hopefully receive answers to said questions.

Also, if your question has been answered, for the sake of organization, please edit your post to include the word "Answered" in bold and/or coloring.

Example

Mewtwo said:
My question is, am I really the strongest pokemon?
Status- Unanswered
Arceus said:
No you scrub, I am the strongest.
After the question is answered our friend Mewtwo should go and edit his original post's status like so.

Mewtwo said:
My question is, am I really the strongest pokemon?
Status- Answered
Note: You don't have to do this, but it makes answering questions much more streamlined and simple.

If a question is asked numerous times or is deemed notable or important by more than one member I will list here in a quick check up list.
None, as of now

Good luck and hopefully all of our questions about Jigglypuff can be answered by cooperation :).
:4jigglypuff:

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Question:Why didn't we have a questions thread before?

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
What is the list of characters to wich double uptilt to rest starting at 0% is a confirm?

Status- Answered

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What is the list of characters to wich double uptilt to rest starting at 0% is a confirm?

Status- Unanswered
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for how late this is, I couldn't lab it by myself (can't DI and input Rest at same time on two controllers) so I had to wait for when my younger brother felt like helping me lab it, really sorry about that.
Confirms::4bowser::4feroy::4ryu::4fox::4falco::4falcon::4sheik::4greninja::4charizard::4megaman::4shulk:(Shield)

Doesn't work on::4bowserjr::4drmario::4dedede::4dk::4diddy::4wario2::4robinf::4robinm::4villagerf::4villager::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4zss::4pit::4darkpit::4littlemac::4lucario::4yoshi::4zelda::rosalina::4olimar::4alph::4samus::4wiifitm::4palutena::4sonic::4shulk:(Jump):4shulk::4pacman::4link::4mario::4rob::4ness::4duckhunt::4marth::4lucina:

Not Tested::4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl::4gaw: :4luigi::4lucas::4tlink::4mewtwo:My brother flat out refused to help on these guys, sorry. I assume most of these wouldn't work, only ones I'm not sure on are Mii fighters.

Hope that helps, and I'm terribly sorry for the somewhat incomplete data and the lateness.

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Firstly, I'd like to apologize for how late this is, I couldn't lab it by myself (can't DI and input Rest at same time on two controllers) so I had to wait for when my younger brother felt like helping me lab it, really sorry about that.
Confirms::4bowser::4feroy::4ryu::4fox::4falco::4falcon::4sheik::4greninja::4charizard::4megaman::4shulk:(Shield)

Doesn't work on::4bowserjr::4drmario::4dedede::4dk::4diddy::4wario2::4robinf::4robinm::4villagerf::4villager::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4zss::4pit::4darkpit::4littlemac::4lucario::4yoshi::4zelda::rosalina::4olimar::4alph::4samus::4wiifitm::4palutena::4sonic::4shulk:(Jump):4shulk::4pacman::4link::4mario::4rob::4ness::4duckhunt::4marth::4lucina:

Not Tested::4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl::4gaw: :4luigi::4lucas::4tlink::4mewtwo:My brother flat out refused to help on these guys, sorry. I assume most of these wouldn't work, only ones I'm not sure on are Mii fighters.

Hope that helps, and I'm terribly sorry for the somewhat incomplete data and the lateness.
No, thanks so much for your time! Although I have done it on several of the doesn't work characters too, maybe because people don't expect it...

Thanks for letting me know when it is assured though, I'll use this information greatly c:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What do you think is the most underutilized attack in Puff's arsenal?

Status-UNANSWERED

What's the best way to land a FFUA? IE can you approach with it on occasion, or should you always wait for an opening?

Status-
ANSWERED

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Why are you guys even relying to something completely gimmicky and unreliable such as the FFUA?

Unanswered

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Why are you guys even relying to something completely gimmicky and unreliable such as the FFUA?

Unanswered
Not sure about everyone else, but I am because, as someone who's just now starting to get into Smash competitively, I rely on these forums a lot for tips. Apparently, FFUA starts a zero to death combo, which is why I asked my question.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
The 0 to death is a myth tho.

Worked on mewtwo cuz it's second jump is slow af.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
What do you think is the most underutilized attack in Puff's arsenal?
Although I'll admit I only play her casually for fun I feel like her Side-B is a pretty good move that people don't really use.

It can punish rolls, spot dodges, and is also does quite a bit of shield damage as well.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yay questions~

What's the best way to practice getting rests? Sometimes in situations I don't feel confident about hitting down b even though all you have to do is get close to them because reasons that are sort of obvious ^^;

And also what's the easiest way to get fair to rest and how do you know you did it correctly?

What are Jiggs perfect pivots uses? The only way I can think of is getting extra distance on the fsmash but the's really it :L

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why is Jigglypuff so damn fabulous?
"
What's the best way to land a FFUA? IE can you approach with it on occasion, or should you always wait for an opening?

Status-
UNANSWERED
You don't. Up air isn't really a good move and you should only use it after reading an air dodge or to cover yourself from up above. If you want to approach, use neutral air. Or better yet, don't.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Why is Jigglypuff so damn fabulous?

You don't. Up air isn't really a good move and you should only use it after reading an air dodge or to cover yourself from up above. If you want to approach, use neutral air. Or better yet, don't.
Yeah I kinda figured this out awhile ago, but thanks for the response. I just got caught up in the supposed zero to death hype, and wanted to know the best way to pull it off.
There. Done it for you.
Not sure if an insult to me or the character, don't see how either is necessary on a Jiggs Q&A thread though...

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
The 0 to death is a myth tho.

Worked on mewtwo cuz it's second jump is slow af.
it's not a myth, it works if you do the FFUair close to the ground. And you have to perform it different on every character. It's not super reliable, but ffuair is good if you can provoke something with a empty sh

Why hasn't puff gotten a headphones costume yet?

Last edited:

FrostBlitzkrieg

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bltzkrieg
I'm new to playing Jigglypuff, where should I get started? Any good guides out there to help me out?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Other than Nintendo not getting the idea, it's probably due to how her ears are shaped and located? I can't imagine them sticking onto her and not sliding off her.
IT DUN WORK MATE.png I think she'd need some sort of custom headphones with the earpieces facing differently for this to work, giving her normal headphones seems to be impossible to make look normal, it does look hilarious though, so I think they still should just do it anyways :p.

I'm new to playing Jigglypuff, where should I get started? Any good guides out there to help me out?

This one and this one are probably both good places to start if your new to Jigglypuff, and here's her frame data if you want that. What I'd personally recommend would be to first learn your options and figure out the majority of your moves, then try figuring out how to properly space with her, and then try learning how to exploit rest after all of that, I feel like starting off with trying to learn how to use Rest isn't always the best option since your going to need to be able to play competently with Jigglypuff to score a rest in the first place. But, that's just my opinion, everyone learns differently, so you don't have to follow my advice if it isn't working for you, and most importantly, don't be afraid to experiment!
Hope you find that helpful, good luck, and have fun maining Jigglypuff!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
it's not a myth, it works if you do the FFUair close to the ground. And you have to perform it different on every character. It's not super reliable, but ffuair is good if you can provoke something with a empty sh

She doesn't listen to music that's not hers?

Candlejack

Smash Rookie
NNID
RestoringLife
I have a friend I play with regularly who's starting to fall out of maining Puff, he feels like she just isn't good despite how much he loves playing her. This kinda bums me out seeing that, and I thought a good way to maybe cheer him up is showing him some top jiggs play.

Who are the best puff mains? Names, or even videos would be appreciated. Anything to kinda hype him up haha. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I have a friend I play with regularly who's starting to fall out of maining Puff, he feels like she just isn't good despite how much he loves playing her. This kinda bums me out seeing that, and I thought a good way to maybe cheer him up is showing him some top jiggs play.

Who are the best puff mains? Names, or even videos would be appreciated. Anything to kinda hype him up haha. Thanks in advance

I'm not really deeply entrenched in the competitive scene, but the names I see thrown around often are Serynder, Brian YDG, and even H-box. I think Brian YDG even won a tournament with Puff.

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
How do I deal with projectiles? I get absolutely rekt by generic FG spammy Links because they stop me from approaching with arrows and bombs. D=

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
How do I deal with projectiles? I get absolutely rekt by generic FG spammy Links because they stop me from approaching with arrows and bombs. D=

Sh them a lot, and then hop around them to make them uncomfortable that they arent safe. Powershielding and jumping over things is important. Epecially power shielding and then grabbing bombs. That will freak out a lot of links bc it shows your dominance with stage control.

FrostBlitzkrieg

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bltzkrieg

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Which is more optimal: Aggressive, passive or a mix of the two?
Nobody has answered yet! I know anyone can have its own playstyle, but even if I care about spacing I'm too aggressive with her. I was wondering if any veteran Jiggs main could help me, as I'm just now taking her seriously and want to put her on the same level as my Kirby... I'm Purin, after all!

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Nobody has answered yet! I know anyone can have its own playstyle, but even if I care about spacing I'm too aggressive with her. I was wondering if any veteran Jiggs main could help me, as I'm just now taking her seriously and want to put her on the same level as my Kirby... I'm Purin, after all!
I personally prefer mixing the two. Jiggs has some good offensive options, but for the most part she'll always be a bait character. When I'm at my best, I mix in well-spaced aerials, utilize my ftilt and utilt (imo her most underrated attacks), jab a lot (her jab is really good imo too), and make sure to punish anyone sitting in their shield for too long with Pound. Also remember that Rest comes out on frame 2, so punish laggy moves OOS accordingly (I love it when Kirby dash attacks onto a shield). Not a pro, but I hope this helps.

Aegislasher590

Smash Rookie
Finally made an account ^^

I was playing For Glory against quite a good G&W after a 1-1 I swapped to 'Puff Could not do anything against upsmash, he literally could do another one faster than I could forward tilt, with the head invincibility I deal no damage and take the damage from it, besides a spaced down tilt, that was the only attack that could work.

Didn't think I was that bad to not be able to deal with this. Any suggestions?

Cheap Shot

Smash Cadet
Don't think this would be the right place to post this. However, Jiggs just has a bad match against Game and Watch, plain and simple. Up-smash is a very good option against Jiggs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Finally made an account ^^

I was playing For Glory against quite a good G&W after a 1-1 I swapped to 'Puff Could not do anything against upsmash, he literally could do another one faster than I could forward tilt, with the head invincibility I deal no damage and take the damage from it, besides a spaced down tilt, that was the only attack that could work.

Didn't think I was that bad to not be able to deal with this. Any suggestions?
The Competitive Discussion is more for general competitive discussion. You're looking for the Jigglypuff boards. I don't think they have a Q&A thread and their MU thread is currently discussing Ryu, but this thread might work: http://smashboards.com/threads/jigglypuff-competitive-and-metagame-discussion.368572/.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
You basically can't challenge it by any means. Fair and bair even extend your hitbox enough to where he can hit you when empty hopping won't get you hit. Dash attack's trample also means nothing since trampling into the weak hit only matters if the opponent's move stops from the first clank, and partial invinc means G&W won't stop. Due to the mechanics you'll actually get hit.

Wait and punish? There are only 14 frames of ending lag for it, so it is quite hard to punish, but you can as long as you're somewhat close. There are only two active frames so you have to time around that. Fsmash can easily reach if it's spaced properly.

You can even run up and Rest guaranteed if your spacing is impeccable, since during endlag his head hitbox moves forward and gets way bigger. However dashing is dumb and you can't dash just a bit and spam down+B or else you'll just teeter uselessly. You need to start the extended dash animation. Probably worth practicing the timing in general since it's faster than run-jump-Rest.

Importantly, he has the advantage on regular shield (plus there's shield pushback), and even on powershield the only things you can punish with are jabs, tilts, and shieldgrab.

Hit before it comes out? Its startup is longer than endlag; 24 frames. While obviously risky, he does only have partial invinc and most attacks will still interrupt him (until his head expands basically), and unlike Mario/Luigi/Wario it can be reacted to.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
It's one of those moves you've got to respect.

I'd say the best idea would to be wait and punish. It's a short window but a well space bair/ tilt in the middle of endlag is a well idea.

Endurrr

Smash Cadet
g&w up smash vs. everyone***

That move is the highest quality bait ever and its so hard to challenge because of i frames its probably better to respect it no matter who you are unless you have a non energy based projectile

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
g&w up smash vs. everyone***

That move is the highest quality bait ever and its so hard to challenge because of i frames its probably better to respect it no matter who you are unless you have a non energy based projectile
I punish it here https://youtu.be/lp6pd7ywHLQ?t=50s ^_^

QUESTION:
Does anyone have a list of percentages in which dair -> rest works?

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I punish it here https://youtu.be/lp6pd7ywHLQ?t=50s ^_^

QUESTION:
Does anyone have a list of percentages in which dair -> rest works?
this is tough due to DI reliance, making sure you do it exactly right, and whether you jump or not between dair and rest. It would be nice to see a basic outline for those who dont understand. I usually go by 35-50 on lightweights, 45-60 on midweights, and 55-70 on heavy weights. For fastfallers you wont jump after dair, but for most charcters you do need a jump. Hope this helped a bit :D

Top Bottom