• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The problem with DACUS is that it leaves you completely vulnerable. Usmah has small range so you have to get right next to the opponent with it before you can let go and during all of this time you are not attack and cannot block, and unlike Snake, we don't have a small first hitbox like he does during his DACUS.

Too many times have I tried to dacus a Metaknight to either get ftilted or dmsashed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Lmao. Ppl irl called me Lazer or ell-zee-arr.
There is no right or wrong, but not that I can hear it over the internet anyways.

@Jigglymastah
I have also experienced DACUSing into attacks like MKs tilts way too often >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Never heard anyone using zed O_o
Well that's the cool thing about a name you can't really say normally and doesn't mean anything :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm a fan of her boost grab/boost pivot grab. It makes her a little more quick on the ground.

@Grim

Nair by itself isn't so great, but it's a pretty useful utility move, in conjunction with other moves supplemented by her aerial speed.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever successfully done the Rising Pound > FF Sourspot Nair/Fair > Jab Lock in a tourrnament match? I can't even get it in training mode lol.

Yeah, I'm Australian and we say 'Zed' here.
Omg I have an Australian cousin, and when he visited America he asked me for thongs, and I was so confused. But apparently thongs are flip flops in Australia?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Now that we have a lot of activity, shall we revive this thread too?
I think it will be valuable later.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We have a lot of moves I haven't added to the OP =/
It's too bothersome searching for them. Maybe we should just rediscuss them. Shouldn't hurt to do so.

T-block

B2B TST
It'd be a shame to leave this incomplete. Is it really that hard to search for past discussions? I'll do it myself eventually if you don't want to.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You can help me by simply giving me the numbers of the posts which discussed certain moves.
Like for example: jab, posts 50-76

I'll do it then.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think we did jab before, but let's still do it again.

The move is one of the worse jabs in the game. I lacks range and is most of the unsafe.
What I like to do, is to just jab them to interrupt then and then do something else before they notice.
Sometimes I also like to use this when an opponent is near the edge of the stage or a platform to knock them off. If they shield it, you can sometimes get a grab as they might wait for the second jab.
I am pretty sure Puff also has a decent jab to grab combo, but our grab is a lot bigger than our jab (confirm pl0x?) already so there shouldn't be much reason to do so.

K?

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I never use jab as Jiggs. Whenever I'm in a situation where I could jab, I usually either grab or ftilt.

The only thing, in my mind, that keeps her jab from being the worst in the game is that it does have the potential to be used in a jab lock. (I really need to learn how to do that.... -.-)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I use this simply as a mixup. When I land near my opponent, a jab might be a decent option since they shouldn't expect such.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
2/10 for me.
It's not like sing or dtilt. I might actually lead to something good, but is never worth it.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
What -LzR- said. 2/10. It might lead to something good, but it's almost never worth it. If you can jab, you can probably grab.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What -LzR- said. 2/10. It might lead to something good, but it's almost never worth it. If you can jab, you can probably grab.
Couldn't have said it better. It's kinda sad that grab is not only better in range, it's also pretty much as laggy as jab is, but it totally ignores shields. So yeah, jab is totally outclassed by grab.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am 90% sure Jab doesn't make them rise at all, so no.
But obv if you catch their landing but gl with that.

Top Bottom