• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff might not be as light as you think!! Highest % you've died at while playing Jigglypuff?

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Hey y'all. Just another fun question! I've done something like this before, but staying more positive is better right? Lowest percent isn't positive!

Some thoughts of sm4sh players that don't know much about Jigglypuff, is that they think she regularly does at insanely low percents, like 70-90, and with a good player, 90-100. Though she is the lightest character in the game, we all know that she's better than that! Especially with... even decent DI/vectoring.

So let's share what our highest percents of our living Jigglypuff's were! You may repost here if you get a new record, or just anytime you live a long time.

No sudden deaths. No starting from sudden deaths. That's dum... Don't be dum.

We won't laugh at you if you've only lived to 70 or even 20% right guys? We're all nice right?

Don't criticize unless it's constructive. (How to deal with certain pressure, or other stuff. Tips on avoiding such move or something. Don't just say you should or could avoid that.)

My highest is probably around 220-260% from my memory. Can't quite remeber the #...

I don't remember what killed me. What about you guys?
:drifloon:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Around 120%. I was fighting this Link who was beating me pretty bad and had pretty much a whole stock lead on me, but for some reason, he couldn't kill me, and I just kept tacking on damage while he struggled to finish me. Eventually, I got him to 70%, and he decided to get thirsty, so he glide tossed a bomb and then up smash my shield. I promptly Rested him for the victory as well as the ragequit.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
My stats say 171% damage, both offline and online so it was defitenly a real match. Just not sure what match

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mine was around 215%. It was pretty high, just cant pinpoint. Also MarioMeteor MarioMeteor if your highest death % was at 120, you aren't playing safe enough lol, I average live to 110-130...
Well, fantastic for you. I, if you haven't noticed, am not you, and defensive or not, one good hit with Rage is all it takes to do Jigglypuff in.

Last edited:

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
187% apparently, according to my stats. I have no idea how that happened, but I think it was against either Duck Hunt or Palutena.

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
Good players can easily kill Puff at 60 to 90 percent which is very early.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Good players can easily kill Puff at 60 to 90 percent which is very early.
Sometimes, but if you learn how to DI that isn't the case. DI-ing is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and it becomes your best friend! :happysheep:

I usually live till 100-130%, and I always make it far enough in my tourney to face the high/top players in my area (which are ranked pretty high). I don't know about TOP top players, but I live just as long as my secondaries usually. I only notice Jigglypuff's lightness when she's smash attacked.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
I got assigned Jiggs in a random match against my friend two weeks ago. I lived to like 130%...

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
267% and I have no idea when that happened but I bet my ass I was laughing the shizz outta myself

USA •Se7en•

Smash Rookie
NNID
KhaozPraetorian
For me it was around 180ish%. I was playing in tourney mode, Finals, and there was about a minute left. I had two stocks and the other players, a Shiek, had one (at around 60%). I realized that if I died on that stock, the Shiek player would win because of that stupid if-there's-a-tie-the-person-who-did-the-most-damage-wins thing, so I just SD'd. I maybe could've lived to 200 if I didn't SD.

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
It was at a 4 player free for all tournament against a Fox, Mario, and Little Mac.
Highest was 211%.
Trust me, they were good players. It's just they couldn't kill me, for some odd reason.
I felt like a god during that match :troll:.

Last edited:

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
According to my stats, it was 229. That is second only to my peak damage with Villager, at 241.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
999%.....

it was a custom stage with pokeballs only and only a small amount of areas you could get Kod through....

yeah, not sure what my actual highest % is, I think it was around 180%

I live to 120%-150% a lot, few of my deaths are below that unless I just royally screw up and it would have KOd most of the rest of the cast anyways, like a dorf elbow or a marth tipped f-smash

Unless I'm fighting ness. backthrow is the bane of my existence.

Last edited:

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
368% it was against a Palutena.
Basically around 100% I started avoiding all attacks except for neutral b and jab. I kept hopping out of jab so it couldn't kill me. That Palutena got really frustrated and started spamming, making it easy for me to weave nairs and fairs without getting hit. Right when I was at that 368% mark, I managed to get her offstage. I went towards her to act like I was gonna attack but floated away. She used her nair and over extended to her death.

I_am_SK

Smash Rookie
Well there was this one time I was on Hyrule Temple...

#TechingFTW

donyavierre

Smash Rookie
368% it was against a Palutena.
Basically around 100% I started avoiding all attacks except for neutral b and jab. I kept hopping out of jab so it couldn't kill me. That Palutena got really frustrated and started spamming, making it easy for me to weave nairs and fairs without getting hit. Right when I was at that 368% mark, I managed to get her offstage. I went towards her to act like I was gonna attack but floated away. She used her nair and over extended to her death.
i will love you if you upload the replay
pls tell me you saved it

ps: ~210% against an Ike in FD, he never connected KO moves because i was carefully floating around away from him just waiting for baits

Last edited:

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
i will love you if you upload the replay
pls tell me you saved it

ps: ~210% against an Ike in FD, he never connected KO moves because i was carefully floating around away from him just waiting for baits
I have it saved. It's on my 3DS though. I'll have to record it with my phone

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So, it turns out I was wrong. According to my records, the longest I've lived was 239%. I don't know how.

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
257% apparently. I'm pretty sure it was against a lil mac in fg. He only ever used his jab and his neutral special. I kept punishing his whiffed KO punches and neutral specials. I don't remember saving the replay, but I'll check to see if I have it.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
The highest I have survived is 184%. I think it was against a Sheik I fought on FG and I got hit by a Nair at at about 175% and got KO'ed

Smeefy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smeefed
Mine was around 215%. It was pretty high, just cant pinpoint. Also MarioMeteor MarioMeteor if your highest death % was at 120, you aren't playing safe enough lol, I average live to 110-130...
Finally someone who understands that jigglypuff just doesn't die I've lived personally up to 250 at most but I never really die before 100 it pisses off my friend so God damn much

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That's one of the main reasons that puff does decent against sheik, we escape her combos and all of her 50-50 death combos. She has a really hard time KOing puff. Not as much trouble as DH tho lol.
It's actually kinda funny how at higher %s her smashes have trouble killing jiggs, since she can't get sweetspot upsmash on the ground, dsmash doesn't have a lot of power, and 2nd hit of fsmash whiffs sometimes xD

Top Bottom