• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Match-ups: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Guide Jigglypuff Match-ups: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Rainer Stärk

Smash Rookie
Rainer Stärk submitted a new guide:

Jigglypuff Match-ups: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - Learn about Puff's match-ups and what (I think you) should do in each of them.

Jigglypuff is a character often bashed for it's frailty against other characters. But is it justified? This guide aims to inform you about how Jigg fairs in each match-up, what things you should do in each match-up and other miscellaneous info.

(This, of course, isn't coming from a pro smash player. I'm just sharing my experiences.)
Read more about this guide...

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
"Sheik: Sheik, often labelled as the best character in the game, is an obvious hard
match-up: Sheik's fast attacks, grabs and speed makes any fight against
this character difficult."
Best character in the game? How long ago was this made?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
"Sheik: Sheik, often labelled as the best character in the game, is an obvious hard
match-up: Sheik's fast attacks, grabs and speed makes any fight against
this character difficult."
Best character in the game? How long ago was this made?
What are you talking about? Everyone thinks Sheik is the best right now, and have thought this since april when Diddy was nerfed. Or did you think this is a melee guide?

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? Everyone thinks Sheik is the best right now, and have thought this since april when Diddy was nerfed. Or did you think this is a melee guide?
lol I'm sorry I messed up... I thought this was melee :facepalm::facepalm:...
Sorry

Last edited:

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
Coming from a Puff main, I would see both Bowser and DK as literal punching bagsfor Puff. I found some pros and cons for fighting them

Pros:
+They are pretty slow compared to Puff. This can give Puff some free hits and then retreat.
+Bowser has the Tough Guy ability. (lol pokemon) This allows Puff to just knock Bowser around as much as he/she wants.
+Having a big hitbox, Puff can land an easy rest and kill at 60%

Cons:
-Being a lightweight, Bowser and DK and easily kill Puff with a strong enough attack.

Good 3/1 Bad
Jigglypuff >>> Bowser + DK

Last edited:

super fan bros

Smash Cadet
I play from time to time but not enough to know all his matchups. All I can say is that apart Ganondorf, Jigglypuff did not match up in its favor because even if they are big punch bags, in some attacks can break her shield.

For Ganondorf I would say that the game is up to 50-50 because that Ganondorf is struggling to escape wall of Pain.

Top Bottom