• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Match-up

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a friendly and I was practising the jigglypuff mu. I unfortunately lost the match by 2 stocks. I fell flat because I wasn't spacing right, and I didn't mix up my approach. What are good approaches and strategies in the mu?

Captain JOHN

Smash Cadet
NNID
DatCarl
im not very experienced in the matchup either, but since :jigglypuffmelee: jigglypuff has the one of the best edgeguarding/gimping games in Melee, the general rule should be to not go off stage unless you have something secured, such as an edgeguard or a wat to get back on the stage without losing a stock. Also, you should always fight for stage position, meaning that you always want more of the stage behind you than jigglypuff does. And, as you said, "I fell flat because I wasn't spacing right, and I didn't mix up my approach". Spacing is as important to you in this MU as it is for Jiggs. and NEVER go into the wall of pain. it sets up for more bairs or combos involving rest/insane edgeguards. My input. Happy Smashing! :falconmelee:

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
im not very experienced in the matchup either, but since :jigglypuffmelee: jigglypuff has the one of the best edgeguarding/gimping games in Melee, the general rule should be to not go off stage unless you have something secured, such as an edgeguard or a wat to get back on the stage without losing a stock. Also, you should always fight for stage position, meaning that you always want more of the stage behind you than jigglypuff does. And, as you said, "I fell flat because I wasn't spacing right, and I didn't mix up my approach". Spacing is as important to you in this MU as it is for Jiggs. and NEVER go into the wall of pain. it sets up for more bairs or combos involving rest/insane edgeguards. My input. Happy Smashing! :falconmelee:
Shout out to western new york. That is probably gonna be what I practice the most the next few days. You going to ubs15?

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
In the neutral game, you can use nair as a safe approach.
Kind of. Nair works super well against grounded/ dashdancing opponents because you can just fly the nairplane through their DD. The problem with Jiggs is you probably never will catch her here if she is playing right. Nair isn't always safe and Jiggs has the ability to fly over and bair you or WD under you and grab you. Nair is super good but doesn't get you the mileage that it does in other matchups. Against Jiggs I use upAir way more to counter poke and nair sparingly.

That being said, if you land it, it could be a good knee setup so don't abandon completely just understand that it's not as safe as against other characters

Top Bottom