• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Notes:
I don't know how to code the stretchy mesh stuff, so the animations may look off.
(You'll notice that Jigg's legs disconnect during down smash)
The positions should be fine, though.

If any look particulary off, let me know. My viewer can still have some bugs here and there.

(This one has bone intangibility on the right toe and left toe)

(imgur converted this one into a video...)

The hitboxes here are the sing range, I suppose.
I'm not sure if they are actually supposed to be that big (or rather whether they work from that range), but here they are anyway.

Edit: Grabs are fixed

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Ah, yeah, I wasn't sure. I expected it to have a little more range. It's hard to test in-game since grabs don't yield glancing blows.

Here's the standing grab data:
Code:
Grab_Collision(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=3.5, Unknown=0, Unknown=5.2, Unknown=4, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=5.2, Unknown=8.5)
// my guess on reading it
Grab_Collision(ID=0x0, Bone=0x0, Size=3.5, X=0, Y=5.2, Z=4, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=5.2, Unknown=8.5)
If anyone knows the correct way to read this, let me know.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Anything like this useful to people?
If you don't know already, if you pause a gfycat you can frame advance, to see things frame by frame.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wow U Smash needs to be fixed, Sakurai.

Great work man, and thanks from a Sm4sh Jigglypuff main.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ah, yeah, I wasn't sure. I expected it to have a little more range. It's hard to test in-game since grabs don't yield glancing blows.

Here's the standing grab data:
Code:
Grab_Collision(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=3.5, Unknown=0, Unknown=5.2, Unknown=4, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=5.2, Unknown=8.5)
// my guess on reading it
Grab_Collision(ID=0x0, Bone=0x0, Size=3.5, X=0, Y=5.2, Z=4, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=5.2, Unknown=8.5)
If anyone knows the correct way to read this, let me know.
Code:
Grab_Collision(ID=0x0, Bone=0x0, Size=3.5, Z=0, Y=5.2, X=4, Unknown=0x3F, Ground/Air=0x3, Z₂=0x0, Y₂=5.2, X₂=8.5)
Unsure what the 0x3F is. I hypothesized regrab timer, but that seems to be more like 70 frames (after grab release) than 63.

Last edited:

Meshima

Smash Cadet
Code:
Grab_Collision(ID=0x0, Bone=0x0, Size=3.5, Z=0, Y=5.2, X=4, Unknown=0x3F, Ground/Air=0x3, Z₂=0x0, Y₂=5.2, X₂=8.5)
Unsure what the 0x3F is. I hypothesized regrab timer, but that seems to be more like 70 frames (after grab release) than 63.
I guess 0x3F is Action, which is 25th label of Extended Special Hitbox. I don't know actually what it means though, unnormally movement has different value whreas most of fighter's attack always has 0x3F. (e.g., 0x2b is on Pacman's dash attack and Rosalina's Down-B2, 0x1f is on some Final Smash, 0x17 is on Ashley and 0x5 is on Palkia.)

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
You guys don't stare at raw frame data enough </3

Furil, this is great. I would suggest drawing the hitbox visuals overtop the model though, as many hitboxes just stay mostly within the model and are hard to see (this would also help the angle visualizations a lot). Additionally, I'm not too sure how you're positioning the models in animation, but some animations don't look very smooth, as though they are being centered on something when they shouldn't be. Any insights?

Furil

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean by size data?
They should already be the correct size.

edit:
And I fixed up air. I forgot to update it before.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What do you mean by size data?
They should already be the correct size.

edit:
And I fixed up air. I forgot to update it before.
Like when you gave the grab data, it said the size was 3.5

Could you possibly give sizes for all hitboxes? Idk if it takes a lot of work, but it would be awesome

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Are you seriously telling me that pivot grab has more range than any other grabs?

Damn.

RDR7

Smash Cadet
Niiiice. Some of these hitboxes make me cringe tho. I also noticed her feet don't stretch like in the game. :E

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, none of the limbs do, it seems (I'm looking at you, up air). Still very useful, though.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
Nice work!!

Dude, that rollout hitbox is trash... It's not even a good move, the hitbox should be at least the same size as her body!!

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Great work!
Also, is it possible to add the actual animations to it? Here, Jigglypuff's limbs don't extend like they do in-game, so the hitboxes look disjointed.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Up tilt's hitbox makes me sad. Imagine how much better that move would be if it could actually hit people.

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
That is definitely not right. Are you sure this isn't the size data for Hyper Voice? Especially since Sing in SSB4 has two hitboxes per soundwave (a sweetspot and a sourspot).

Last edited:
Top Bottom