• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Hitbox Thread (GRABS HAVE BEEN ADDED)

MrEh

Smash Hero
MrEh... why aren't you a Smash Researcher, yet? :\
No one likes me. XD

Oh, and btw. I tested Wario's grabs. Turns out his dashing grab has more range then his standing grab. His pivot grab is about the same range as his dashing grab, making it pretty good. ^^

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No one likes me. XD

Oh, and btw. I tested Wario's grabs. Turns out his dashing grab has more range then his standing grab. His pivot grab is about the same range as his dashing grab, making it pretty good. ^^
You have to do more than this to become 1. I might become 1 at the end of my frame data. Thats how much I'd have to do.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I could care less about being a researcher. Unless of course, I got my name in a funny green color. ^^

MrEh

Smash Hero
Got my computer running again. I don't know how long it'll work before it craps out again, so I updated as quick as possible.

All three grabs are up. Note that I sort of guessed about the height of the hitboxes, but I know that's not really important, since I'm 100% sure about the horizontal distance of the hitboxes. And that's the important part anyway. ^^

Pivot grab is freakishly good. It's even longer then her dash grab. O_O

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Got my computer running again. I don't know how long it'll work before it craps out again, so I updated as quick as possible.

All three grabs are up. Note that I sort of guessed about the height of the hitboxes, but I know that's not really important, since I'm 100% sure about the horizontal distance of the hitboxes. And that's the important part anyway. ^^

Pivot grab is freakishly good. It's even longer then her dash grab. O_O
Nice, great stuff. I'll be adding it to the guide.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol I was going WTF steal my idea moar, but saw the credit at the end :)
You never asked for any detailed help on how i actually did it, did you have any troubles? I didnt explain the finer details in my thread since it will just confuse everyone but it seems you figured it out pretty well yourself

Also i should mention, and you should add to the OP, Just because a hitbox does not actually consist of a body part (see uair), does not make it disjointed. There are numerous attacks in the game which show no noticeable disjoint (kirby/DDD bair are by far the most obvious) but thier feet are actually either invulnerable, or there is simply no hurtbox attached to specific body parts during some attacks. Determining disjoints is extremely difficult and you shouldnt rely on this method of hitbox testing to try and figure out which attacks are more disjointed, its only good for range testing, or determining whether approaching is actually viable with certain attacks, such a G&W nair being able to hit well infront and behind him

MrEh

Smash Hero
lol I was going WTF steal my idea moar, but saw the credit at the end :)
Haha, no worries. I would never steal anything. Credit will always be given where credit is due. ^^

You never asked for any detailed help on how i actually did it, did you have any troubles? I didnt explain the finer details in my thread since it will just confuse everyone but it seems you figured it out pretty well yourself
Let's just say that many Sandbags, Peaches, and Shadow Moses walls died for the cause. ^^

Also i should mention, and you should add to the OP, Just because a hitbox does not actually consist of a body part (see uair), does not make it disjointed. There are numerous attacks in the game which show no noticeable disjoint (kirby/DDD bair are by far the most obvious) but thier feet are actually either invulnerable, or there is simply no hurtbox attached to specific body parts during some attacks. Determining disjoints is extremely difficult and you shouldnt rely on this method of hitbox testing to try and figure out which attacks are more disjointed, its only good for range testing, or determining whether approaching is actually viable with certain attacks, such a G&W nair being able to hit well infront and behind him
Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

A lot of the more stupid hitboxes, like the Uair, need to be tested again. I'll probably end up testing them again in the future.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Good job! The grab boxes look amazing.

I really want to see the giant, long lasting hitbox of pound.

And d-tilt please :)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I like her pivot grab. It's so awesome.

Haha Dtilt. XD
D-tilt is the best idea ever. Mabey even better an idea than tripping.

Why did alex take the grab pictures on yoshi's island? Nothing against that, just wondering why.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jigglypuff has a...

Eh, the joke is overused. Good job on the recent work MrEh.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Why did alex take the grab pictures on yoshi's island? Nothing against that, just wondering why.
I took those pictures. I needed a stage where I could control the existence of the ledge. That was the best way to test it.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I took those pictures. I needed a stage where I could control the existence of the ledge. That was the best way to test it.
Okay.

Here's an idea: Ledge grab boxes for sing. The range is a little larger than a normal ledge grab, and It would be interesting to see where the sing cancel occurs.

Veril tought jigglypuff to fly xD.

EDIT: 1k post o_O

PND

Smash Champion
He inverts the color scheme. Try saving a pic, opening it in paint and pressing ctrl + i. You'll notice the bubbles will become normal colored and everything else will become shadow world-y.

Harmzoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0946-2579-9925
Does the hitbox for rest remain the same when jiggs is ducking down, meaning that the hitbox is actually above the head?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Don't worry, I got this one Mr. Eh:

Down Tilt:

I noticed a small dissjoint while testing this.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
fix'd lols.

then again, if dtilt could do that, jiggs could be top tier just below MK.
It's not half. Half of that is still too large. The actual hitbox dissjoints from the top of the foot to the ground. The rest of it overlaps a little more than halfway through jigglypuff.

Top Bottom