• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff headgear on mewtwo

mrmola

Smash Rookie
Two days ago I thought "hey, melee modding looks fun. I wish Mewtwo had hats like Jigglypuff, I bet that won't be too hard" and two days and countless hours of research and installing various programs (i think I have downloaded 10 seperate programs to try and figure this out), even having to modify HSDRaw so it would work on my outdated graphics card, I have a splitting headache and am on the verge of jumping off a bridge. Someone please help. I don't necessarily want someone to do it for me, I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Side note however, I want to have the physics that Jigglypuff's headgear has, so to my knowledge a regular model edit won't work. From what I saw while poking around with DAT texture wizard, Jigglypuff headgear appears to be put in the costume as a seperate sub .dat within the costume .dat. I cannot figure out for the life of me how the game knows to attach it to Jigglypuff though. When I put the same sub .dat into Mewtwo's file it just gets ignored. No crash or anything.

Also, how does the game know which and when to make bones have physics? Fox and Mewtwo's tail go between having physics and not having physics during animations and I dont understand how or how I would even start figuring it out.

Top Bottom