• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Has anyone brought this up before? If so, forgive me. I'm just a lowly Ness player.

I was messing around and did this by accident, water Resting. Basically just using Rest on someone who's just landed in the water, when they have a few frames of floating around helplessly. Just like it would be a good opportunity to spike them, Rest could work here because afterwards you land in the water and can soon jump out, instead of being asleep for... however many seconds if you were to use it on land. I dunno, could be something to keep in mind for Pirate Ship/Delfino if they happen to be legal in your region.

I know it's nothing big/pretty situational, it's more like a basic application. Just throwing it out there, it's probably nothing.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Has anyone brought this up before? If so, forgive me. I'm just a lowly Ness player.

I was messing around and did this by accident, water Resting. Basically just using Rest on someone who's just landed in the water, when they have a few frames of floating around helplessly. Just like it would be a good opportunity to spike them, Rest could work here because afterwards you land in the water and can soon jump out, instead of being asleep for... however many seconds if you were to use it on land. I dunno, could be something to keep in mind for Pirate Ship/Delfino if they happen to be legal in your region.

I know it's nothing big/pretty situational, it's more like a basic application. Just throwing it out there, it's probably nothing.
Resting in the water (and the water in general) is a major reason why Pirate Ship is my #1 counterpick. I'll risk staling Rest in exchange for the 20-25% damage that each Rest gives (depending on how long the flower lasts).

We've looked into Rest canceling in the past, and we discovered that water, springs, lava, and damage will interrupt Rest's ending lag.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys I'm getting back into Brawl and looking for a new main, I have a pretty unusual criteria for a main and I was just wondering if you think Jiggs is-

Under-represented
Has a decent approach/doesn't get camped hard by projectiles
Creative/flashy, and can be played in unique ways.

I know Jiggs sucks, but I don't care about winning, and I'm not one of those negative losers who constantly whines about her sucking in Brawl and Brawl being crap etc. So if you guys think she fits that criteria encourage me to main her lol.

Also, another two random questions, does utilt have any pushback on shield? Would jab-reverse utilt have any useful application?

Thanks in advance.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
What about jab-reverse utilt? Has it got any application?
It can lead into multiple utilts at low percents, and uair at higher percents, assuming that you won't get punished throughout the process.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
That's why I was asking about the pushback on shield, I was wondering how punishable it was if they shield the utilt. I was wondering if it could be used as a decent revenge KO option, because apparently utilt KOs decently.

Also, just wanted to know if Jiggs haa a jab-lock after forced trip from something like dair.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
That's why I was asking about the pushback on shield, I was wondering how punishable it was if they shield the utilt. I was wondering if it could be used as a decent revenge KO option, because apparently utilt KOs decently.

Also, just wanted to know if Jiggs haa a jab-lock after forced trip from something like dair.
no dair won't cause the opponent to trip in that way, its more of a stun trip animation, that or the dair lasts too long to get the jab in.
EDIT:kk

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Na that wasn't me lol.

But yeah just wanted to know if jab-reverse utilt is a viable revenge KO and early stock combo option.

Another random question, just wondering if it is possible to airdodge into someone then rest, and if it was possible to rest moves such as Shuttle Loop, sorta like timing on Oli's WAC.

Thanks in advance.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
you can cancel shuttle loop with the edge of fair so create a wall in front of mks with fair. resting out of shuttle loop is extremely risking and requires the opponent to act very stupidly so i don't recommend it. yes you can airdodge into a rest, but still its nothing guaranteed and shouldn't be a common kill option. reading airdodges is the best time to rest, and interupting moves with long hitboxes should be essential. if you saw that new game and watch bair thread, you can actually rest on that third frame :D

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115

So who's the best Jiggz?

Maybe do to there tournament results.... or not

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
This. Was gonna ask the same question.
Definitely not me. In all seriousness, the likely candidates as far as I know are PNDMike, G-reg, and Vanz. I might be forgetting someone though.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
you can cancel shuttle loop with the edge of fair so create a wall in front of mks with fair. resting out of shuttle loop is extremely risking and requires the opponent to act very stupidly so i don't recommend it. yes you can airdodge into a rest, but still its nothing guaranteed and shouldn't be a common kill option. reading airdodges is the best time to rest, and interupting moves with long hitboxes should be essential. if you saw that new game and watch bair thread, you can actually rest on that third frame :D
I agree, but personally I feel dair is a safer option. If the metaknight is smart he can time it pretty well, you can constantly go out of his range with dair when the hitbox is about to end so metaknight has little option. Well timed fair works wonders.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
As a jiggz main, im sad there aren't enough people playing jiggz.......
No worries, I use her, and this also gives us the advantage because not many people know how she really plays.

So who's the best Jiggz?

Maybe do to there tournament results.... or not
Well I don't belive I'm the best with Jigglypuff but... I got this from a tournament. (My first ever tournament I joined)

You probably get special award for hardest character to play with too(jiggly puff).
Vmage's jigglypuff was VERY very good.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
I've won a decent amount of **** non playing competiively. Be a *****, shake that *** and make sure they can't get jack on you. yeah **** with them and win. Taunt them and kick their ***.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I've won a decent amount of **** non playing competiively. Be a *****, shake that *** and make sure they can't get jack on you. yeah **** with them and win. Taunt them and kick their ***.
its not like you to make completely nonsensical posts. Your suppose to suggest something semi wrong, so that i can point it out...and thus feel good about myself for doing so. But this is just...not even gonna start :/

T-block

B2B TST
Sup guys

I've been messing around with Jiggs for a while now. Now with PT out of low tier I think I'm gonna try to get her tournament viable, so I'll be popping in once in a while ^^

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Sup guys

I've been messing around with Jiggs for a while now. Now with PT out of low tier I think I'm gonna try to get her tournament viable, so I'll be popping in once in a while ^^
Jiggs kicks ***. Especially spamming her drill attack then following through with a c-stick smash attack

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Jiggs kicks ***. Especially spamming her drill attack then following through with a c-stick smash attack
wait wut? That only worked in smash64, but instead of spamming c-stick you do u-smash.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ur doin it r0ng

Spam down-B. In all seriousness, drill spam would only work against fat characters.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Jiggs best at air game?

Hello again!

I came here wanting to ask which one of these characters have the best air game because i already have a ground game character (ganon) so now i want my alt to be very good in the air. Here are the options...

Metaknight
D3
Pit
Kirby
Jigglypuff

Im more towards jigglypuff just because im used to her but im kinda new to air game so im really not sure.

Also while your at it would you please tell me if 1 ground game character and 1 air game character for a main and alt is a good idea. I really like the feel of both playstyles and i thought it would be like a counterpick also. For example if im fighting a snake im more than likely going to pick jigglypuff because snake sucks at air game because his nades and mines cant hit me while im in the air =D

Thanks for your time on reading this post and i look forward to some answers :)

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I main kirby and second jigglypuff.

Kirby has a good ground game and pretty good air game. (But his air speed is slow)

Jigglypuff has good air game but bad gound game. (her ground attacks have short range and smashes are slow but she has fast air speed.)

Metaknight we all know he is a high tier. Metaknight has excellent gound game and good air game. (his air speed is pretty slow.) (Warning: Using him will make the match a bit too easy and few tournaments may ban him)

Pit is pretty balanced. Pretty good gound game and air game.

King DDD- I haven't tried him a lot but his air speed is a bit slow, very slow side smash but the rest of his gound attacks are normal speed. His air attacks are not bad.

If you're new to air game I suggest you practice a bit. Also I think kirby is pretty good as well.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
oh wow i suck with MK lol. I just played a few matchs with him and idk what happened to me but every since i started useing jigglypuff i just suck with him now. I guess its because im used to slow ground game and a lot of air game.

Btw how does kirby+jigglypuff work for you? Like does kirby work really good for you as far as covering jigglypuff.

Oh and i honestly thought of maining jigglypuff and alting kirby and dropping ganon but idk if im ready to drop ganondorf. Its just ganondorf has so many weaknesses and cant make it far in good tournaments. But however i love watching mango and omg he is beast and he is the only reason i alt jigglypuff now. Then i watched chudat and was just amazed at how well kirby did against top ranked tournament players.

So im kinda stuck right now. Now i have to say 1 thing though, i know my air game is much better than my ground game because i just started picking up jigglypuff and have 3 stocked people/cpu in a lot of my matchs whereas when i pick ganondorf or other ground game characters i always end up in a close match or i lose.

So apparently im meant for air characters, what do you think? Oh btw if im going to have 2 air characters its more than likely going to be Jigglypuff as main and kirby as alt.

Tell me your opinions

Noobicidal

Smash Master
MK is the answer for anything.

Also, try the Q&A thread as previously mentioned.

CantTouchThis

Smash Rookie
I main jigglypuff and secondary kirby and if you can learn wall of pain then your golden dude. I strongly think that jigglypuff and kirby have the best (air game) in smash. The other characters you listed tend to stay on the ground. Like pit, D3 and metaknight are in the air and ground a lot so if you like to be in the air a lot then try useing jigglypuff or kirby.

Hope i helped

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Merging this into the Q&A thread. Please remember to use it in the future. :)

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Okay so I was playing Jiggs against...I forget which character =(
basically I use Sing against them (because I'm awesome) and I connect with my opponent when the move starts...and they get pushed sideways.
Is sing supposed to have knockback?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Okay so I was playing Jiggs against...I forget which character =(
basically I use Sing against them (because I'm awesome) and I connect with my opponent when the move starts...and they get pushed sideways.
Is sing supposed to have knockback?
Sing keeps momentum, like grounded footstools. For fun times, have Pikachu use a grounded quick attack through Jigglypuff's sing.

Top Bottom