• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I would like to use this thread to bring up topics that we can collect information and discuss it.

Every Topic that is brought up, and creates a discussion, i will create into a thread (if necessary) and we can further the information there.

I want to make this legit, somewhere people can really ask questions and we can discuss things.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Q:#1

K I haven't wanted to ask this in a full thread cause it's pretty much a one or two post answer.

Fair or bair? Which is better for:
approach game.
aerial play.
WoP
Landing game.
please explain why.

thanks for input!

Veril

Frame Savant
Q:#1

K I haven't wanted to ask this in a full thread cause it's pretty much a one or two post answer.

Fair or bair? Which is better for:
approach game. b-air
aerial play. b-air
WoP. b-air
Landing game. huh
please explain why.

thanks for input!
you want to keep the f-air fresh for KOing and the b-air stale for stringing attacks together.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty cool I guess, I never thought to purposely stale a move. But why Fair fresh and Bair stale?

@Zen I think we should leave this to them. Of course if sing comes up i'll be pouncing for the answer.

(in theory I wasn't supposed to answer that :laugh: )

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
wow this should be known to all Jiggs Fair should always stay fresh
I've been here for 4 weeks, two of which working on sing.:ohwell:

but I guess if it's that obvious I'll just take it for granted.

MrEh

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool I guess, I never thought to purposely stale a move. But why Fair fresh and Bair stale?
The Fair is one of Jiggs best killing moves, since it comes out quick and has decent knockback. The problem is that the usability of the move degrades very fast once it becomes stale. You need to keep it fresh, otherwise you'll be losing out on such a good killing move.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for being the first to ACTUALLY EXPLAIN *cough*rinoH*cough*

and a good point you have...

Veril

Frame Savant
I felt that my answer was sufficient. We should try to be understanding. If people are harsh it defeats the entire purpose of this thread.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Any physics of attacks, or the minor stuff I do know, I can answer for.

I'm not a Jiggz expert, but I can answer a ton of questions. lol

Now I have a question:

Scale of 1-10, how hard do you think it is to DI into TL to rest him? I tried earlier and epicly failed. 5 times.... I still won the match xD

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Scale of 1-10, how hard do you think it is to DI into TL to rest him? I tried earlier and epicly failed. 5 times.... I still won the match xD
Ok that is epic. Its not that hard unless if you are controlly both controllers but you really need to DI quickly and do a strong DI. Rest at the last moment or it won't work. I got it because with the second hit he starts to come in and in combo with the DI, it works :)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Suppose... I dunno, some completly random player decided they really liked Jigglypuff's playstyle. What would be some good initial advice to tell this player?

Anything they should expect?

;)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Suppose... I dunno, some completly random player decided they really liked Jigglypuff's playstyle. What would be some good initial advice to tell this player?

Anything they should expect?

;)
Tell them that Jigglypuff is a really fun character who is really fun to kill with. However, say that her hitboxes were nerfed really badly. Tell them that they should try to keep fair as unused as possible except to kill and try spacing with bair and SHed dairs. Thats enough for just starting. Oh yeah and shes a grab *****.

EDIT: How could I forget this one. Rest is much worse but it can pimply interrupt moves. Thats its saving grace.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Aw well, I - I mean they never used Melee Puff, so it wouldn't matter to them.

How does Jiggs do on her matchups? Any high tiers she demolishes?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
She actually is very good on Diddy Kong, a definitely strong advantage. She has fairly decent higher ups overall like MK, DDD, and ROB, but none are actual advantages.
The D3 boards have it as 45:55 their favor. She has a neutral matchup, which is **** good. Too bad I main Olimar so I **** harder with him than Jigglypuff. ._.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
She actually is very good on Diddy Kong, a definitely strong advantage.
omg, my jiggs got wrecked against AZ's diddy last weekend... though that has everything to do with my jiggs kind of being eh, bad because I've played her a couple of times in the last like 5 months lol XD

Veril

Frame Savant
How does Jiggs do on her matchups? Any high tiers she demolishes?
She does better than most against MK and very well against Wario and diddy kong.

10 being something like GW's n-air and 1 being Luigi's dash attack.
TL's f-smash: 3 grounded, 4 if you're in the air.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Q: Battlefield? i feel that it's an awsome stage for Jiggs, but you guys say it's not why? :p iit's my favorite and best stage (after Jungle Japes ^^) an backthrow at the edge and 1 freash fair may kill many chars....

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
A: battle field is good because of it's small horizontal main platform, but it's many small platforms above make it tougher for jiggs.
If you want a good jiggs stage do pictochat(it loves jigglypuffs) or smashvile.

although players more experienced in tourneys might have something else to say.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
A: battle field is good because of it's small horizontal main platform, but it's many small platforms above make it tougher for jiggs.
If you want a good jiggs stage do pictochat(it loves jigglypuffs) or smashvile.

although players more experienced in tourneys might have something else to say.
It depends on the character. A character with a good ledge pressure game will **** you here because her's is mediocre. Marth and MK dominate you here and players like Bowser beat you. However, if you play someone like a Toon Link or Ivysaur, this isn't a terrible stage to pick.\

And @ Chaco, the best Jigglypuff is likely Thinkaman or Meow, although I have no experience personally with either so I can't tell you for sure.

rinoH

Smash Lord
lol to bad nair has 2 hitboxes so if they space right they can just DI away after the first hit

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I LOVE these topics :). Cut my work down a ton.

Also, remember to just type my name in a thread if it needs to be closed.

Top Bottom