• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff for N00B - please help....

MyCooky

Smash Rookie
Hello there!

I'm a noob in Brawl/Project M/Melee, but I decided I wanted to play Jigglypuff as a main.
So I want to ask you how I can train playing with Jigglypuff, what techniques I should learn and how to start, etc.
Everything that can help a noob improving his game would be awesome.

That's basically it.

EDIT: For now I'm going to look through Melee guides for jigglypuff - that should be a good point to start...

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Hello there!

I'm a noob in Brawl/Project M/Melee, but I decided I wanted to play Jigglypuff as a main.
So I want to ask you how I can train playing with Jigglypuff, what techniques I should learn and how to start, etc.
Everything that can help a noob improving his game would be awesome.

That's basically it.

EDIT: For now I'm going to look through Melee guides for jigglypuff - that should be a good point to start...
Congratulations, you picked the most under metagamed character with the least support on the boards. I suggest you take this to the Melee stuff about Puff or Puff social. That is sometimes decently active but other than that it's hard to find great information on her.

I want to play puff as well though. Try finding vids on youtube of Puff, most of it is going to be Hungrybox. Old Mango is good too.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Wow,

pretty harsh, but true. There are few things you need to know about Puff. You got to learn how to space well. Bair is a great tool to play a keep away game, and it can combo around medium Percentages. You also need to learn how to edgeguard. Most chars have 2 jumps and an up-b, while Puff has 6 jumps. If they're off the ledge, that's your opportunity to keep them off the ledge.

These are basics.

Smash Rookie
In addition to SoulPeach's post, jab tilted up also extends your recovery range (Important when recovering vertically), and a shield dodge to help out too.

Against Fox/Falco, you can combo dthrow into rest easily. Still, give it a few practices, since rest is the most punishable move in the game.

Up-throw isn't worthwhile. It sends them up, but rarely kos -- and they'll be out of your range to follow up.

You may want to practice jumping backwards without turning - bair is universally agreed to be better then fair.

Try using the c-stick; I don't use it often, but its very useful to bair the direction opposite of where you're going.

Pound can catch people off guard, with it's priority, how long it stands out, and its speed.

This is the best advice I can give. If I got something wrong, someone else please tell me, this is the first time I'm giving smash brothers advice ._.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Dthrow rest is love, Uthrow rest only works on spacies but works where Dthrow won't (early percents on those heavy ********), Utilt rest works on anyone that has any kind of weight from early to early mid percents, Bair is tasty, Nair is P good too, your game revolves around poking and not getting poked, if you're trading blows you're losing, edge guarding, just DO IT, rest, rest, rest, rest, almost never sing, rollout is situational at best when returning to the stage, don't feel bad floating around your opponent annoying them because it's half your game. Look and THINK about places your opponent might have trouble covering. If you can see some area around them that very few moves cover, make it your home. Furnish it and grow comfortable in that uncomfortable niche.
Feel free to be neutral.
Your wavedash is useless.
Your wavedash is hilarious.

Ninja Edit: dunno how I forgot but Fsmash is a good kill move. And don't feel like all kills have to be gimps. Bair's can totally kill at higher percents.

210stuna

Smash Lord
At mid-percent or earlier, if you can get one up air on somebody you can immediately follow up with another or even a down B.

Low percent + your up tilt and then down B = Instant Kill

Using your up A while falling, instead of jumping while using it, acts like an up tilt where at the right (early) percentage you can potentially land a down B on the opponent.

Anybody reading this and find anything wrong with it please advise it. I am learning these things for myself as I continue down the road of mastering the Jiggmaster

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I honestly feel like Jigglypuff is a character that the PMBR does not gives a **** about.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I disagree. She worked fine in melee, placed high in tournaments even. Why change her?
Because this isn't Melee.

Regardless if she placed high in tournaments or not, most of the Melee vets have received either buffs or nerfs. They may not be drastic, but they're still there to balance out the game consisting of how many characters now?

Melee doesn't have as many projectile wielding characters as Project: M does, this and other reasons are why Jigglypuff doesn't sit at the same spot as she did before, because it's not Melee.

SoulPech

Smash Master
She doesn't need a change though. there's nothing from her that is underpowered. There's nothing from her that is overpowered. the reason why she didn't get any buffs/nerfs is because she didn't need them. Falco/Fox didn't get any buffs or nerfs..neither did Marth, so why jiggs?

I like her the way she is.

GeZ

Smash Lord
The space animals actually got their reflectors slightly nerfed but the point stands. All the top characters are almost completely intact from melee. Jiggs doesn't particularly struggle in the new meta. Hungrybox still shows P:M veterans the business with Jiggs. The character is fine as is. Doesn't need anything, so don't give anything to her. If it ain't broke, you know the rest.

Litt

Samus
She doesn't need a change though. there's nothing from her that is underpowered. There's nothing from her that is overpowered. the reason why she didn't get any buffs/nerfs is because she didn't need them. Falco/Fox didn't get any buffs or nerfs..neither did Marth, so why jiggs?

I like her the way she is.
Umm marth recieved buffs with his up tilt for better combos, falco got a buff with the side b and down B, sheik's grabs were given Di traps between down and back, but for the most part peach and spacies were left untouched... With ever character given buffs, it doesnt mean that one that was previously good will still be... hbox rarely plays jigs in PM because you cant wall out your opponents anymore with almost ever character having at least one move that can beat out jiggs bair. And the only reason hbox can keep up in PM is because he is a rest god, not because jigs is any better or worse of a character, she is the same, except everyone is better at getting back to the stage and everyone has better moves to spam.... so no jigs and peach no longer stand a chance at the top and there is a reason Armada doesnt play peach and hbox doesnt play jigs in singles... :/... and seriously @ 210stuna 210stuna and @ GeZ GeZ what is this.... the samus boards?!? I went on here for lulz b/c im working on dual maining puff with samus in melee noticed this thread.

SoulPech

Smash Master
blah blah blah stuff.
Congratulations, you commented on something that was posted almost a year ago, lol.

:yeahboi:

Still, stand by my opinion that she is good the way she is. Some minor changes can be done to improve some of her ground game though.

As for these "buffs" Please show me where these buffs are. From my understanding, spacies didn't get a change and neither did Marth. The only change that happened to spacies were that the shines are no longer invincible when used. The only high level character that got a change was sheik (change to PAL version)

GeZ

Smash Lord
I also think that HBox and Armada can't just stay with one character because MU's are much more diverse in this game. Like in Melee it's just Falco, Fox, Marth, Shiek, sometimes Samus, Falcon, Jiggly, and rarely Peach. I've probably missed a few but there are many less outliers than in P:M.

Litt

Samus
Congratulations, you commented on something that was posted almost a year ago, lol.

:yeahboi:

Still, stand by my opinion that she is good the way she is. Some minor changes can be done to improve some of her ground game though.

As for these "buffs" Please show me where these buffs are. From my understanding, spacies didn't get a change and neither did Marth. The only change that happened to spacies were that the shines are no longer invincible when used. The only high level character that got a change was sheik (change to PAL version)
Ummm sir you do not want to start **** with me... just ask @ GeZ GeZ , marth was given a buff to uptilt and sheiks throws were turned into DI traps... no denying any of that, not sure about the shine being invinsbile... but from my understanding shines were never invincible in melee... you could break them, get fox/falco stuck in them... and they were just a circular hitbox around fox/falco...

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
Play as other characters and figure out how they play and where their blind spots are. Then wreck their ****!:039:

Top Bottom