• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Jigglypuff Doubles Thread~ Dedede and Jiggy: Dynamic Big Ballad. ;3c

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright let me just say this to begin with. I know this will not boost activity at all and I know it will not bring much discussion however it will be good to have SOME discussion. Also Jiggs is better in doubles then in singles hands down. I kindof put off this project due to the fact that my laptop had been out of comission however now that it is back and running I will be getting all my doubles threads back up and running plus starting some new ones and Jigglypuff is very close to my favorite characters in brawl. I love her in singles and I definetly like her in doubles. Hopefully, this thread will be for talking doubles with Jiggs and just having fun =P

This is all just based on how the characters can play off each other to see how well the duo can stand to fight against a team. Plus in-depth descriptions will be shown as to how to use the team effectively, team ratings, correct stage picking, and which characters to watch out for on the opposing team. Team battles depend on many different variables however this will be a simplistic skeleton of how a certain character helps Jigglypuff. Now if you come into here thinking "Team battles are too random to discuss a plausible teammate." Then that is your opinion but do not come in here and troll. This seems to me just as important as a MU discussion it seems because 2v2 is featured at most if not all tournaments that have 1v1 as well.

Rating template:

10 = Probably one of the best partners
9-8 = Really good but not perfect
7-6 = Not too shabby! :o
5-4 = Mediocre at best
3-2 = Consider a new partner
1-0 = Double fail ftw?
~:~ = Teammate yet to be discussed

Discussion order:
1.) General Tips
2.) Good Attributes
3.) Bad Attributes
4.) Characters to watch out for
5.) Stage picking
6.) Advance teamwork moves
7.) Is the team viable?

~Jigglypuff~
How she does herself!

~Characters~

~Metaknight~

~Snake~

~Diddy Kong~

~Falco~

~Wario~

~Marth~

~Ice Climbers~

~Olimar~

~Pikachu~

~King Dedede~

~Mr. Game & Watch~

~Lucario~

~Zero Suit Samus~

~Toon Link~

~Kirby~

~Fox~

~ROB~

~Pit~

~Peach~

~Donkey Kong~

~Luigi~

~Wolf~

~Sonic~

~Ike~

~Sheik~

~Ness~

~Pokemon Trainer~

~Yoshi~

~Lucas~

~Mario~

~Bowser~

~Captain Falcon~

~Samus~

~Jigglypuff~

~Link~

~Zelda~

~Ganondorf~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Video Section!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without furthur ado let's get this started! ^_^

SuSa

Banned via Administration
What's funny, is Puff is actually usable in doubles. But I'd still rather have a MK.

First offs.

If I see a single lightweight character besides MK get over 6 for being a partner, I will laugh at you guys.

Second Offs

If I see a single heavyweight getting under a 6 for being a partner, I will also laugh at you guys.

MK:
1.) General Tips - It's MK.. just dont' steal his stocks unless he tells you to.
2.) Good Attributes - It's ****ing MK
3.) Bad Attributes - Two lightweights.. but that's okay, one's MK.
4.) Characters to watch out for - Heavyweight teams... any team with a Snake... <_<
5.) Stage picking - Have fun
6.) Advance teamwork moves - Uthrow into guarenteed rest (MK Uthrow) :3 just learn to time it. it's fun.
7.) Is the team viable? - To a degree.... just heavyweights pwn Puff to much without MK being the most amazing teammate ever.

Snake:
1.) General Tips - Juggle enemies, help snake recover if needed and able.
2.) Good Attributes - Snake lives to a bagillion percent and kills people at stupid low %'s
3.) Bad Attributes - You sometimes get in the way of our stage-splitting Utilt... once you hit 98%, stay away from us!
4.) Characters to watch out for - MK/Snake teams or MK/MK teams. :3
5.) Stage picking - Again, anything the Snake is comfy with. I like Rainbow Cruise. :3
6.) Advance teamwork moves - Sing becomes viable if you're willing to eat a grenade out of it. It can help us land a free utilt on an enemy.
7.) Is the team viable? - Totally, and I wouldn't mind a jiggs partner.. if I couldn't have an MK. Obviously she's not the best partner - but it's viable.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah Jigglypuff is fine in doubles its just here she is being outclassed again... if Jigglypuff why not Meta knight or Wario?

SuSa

yeah Jigglypuff is fine in doubles its just here she is being outclassed again... if Jigglypuff why not Meta knight or Wario?
This.

If I'm unable to find an MK or Wario partner, and there isn't anyone "good" left except the Jiggs main. I'll take Jiggs.

Jiggs is a great doubles partner, but as mentioned is outclassed.

And Jiggs isn't viable unless in doubles, get over it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Regardless of Jigglypuff's viability, her usage in singles and doubles, and the fact that she's horribly outclassed by characters such as MK and Wario doesn't prevent us from at least theorycrafting JIGGLYPUFF'S potential partners. At least pretend you're somewhat interested in the topic at hand instead of saying "Hurr durr Puff sucks".

As for the thread itself, are we going to discuss everyone on a character-by-character basis, or are we just going to talk about whoever we'd like?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We will do it character by character. We can all decide on who we want to do.

Also Susa thanks for the input and you are both right Jiggs is outclassed but we should still discuss them ;D

Who do you guys wanna start with? Idc who because I just like discussing doubles.

Hope the thread is alright ^^"

Noobicidal

Smash Master
We will do it character by character. We can all decide on who we want to do.

Also Susa thanks for the input and you are both right Jiggs is outclassed but we should still discuss them ;D

Who do you guys wanna start with? Idc who because I just like discussing doubles.

Hope the thread is alright ^^"
Personally, I think the thread would be a bit more successful if people were to just talk about a character that they've had success with in doubles, state their pros and cons, and just go with that. Personally, I can't say that I've ever teamed with say, Diddy, but if I were to talk about characters that I HAVE teamed with, such as D3, Ganon, and Samus, then that input would be better than no input all.

Also, the thread is fine. The only issue I see is getting discussion.

SuSa

As far as theorycraft goes, I've already listed my opinion on every team.

Jiggs is contrary to popular belief a wonderfully rounded character. She just lacks KO power and survivability (speaking doubles here...so her other flaws don't matter as much)

Her like.. 3 KO moves (fair, rest, fsmash) are actually hard to land in 1vs1, but you can set them up in doubles.

So basically any good partner is:
1) One that can survive - meaning practically any heavyweight character.
2) One that can somehow setup a guarenteed rest. Whether this be via chaingrabbing or a throw that allows them to not be hit. [EVERY character can just grab and sit there.. but its a lot less viable than other methods of setups]
3) Characters that Jigglypuff compliments - meaning any character that has a poor recovery as Jiggs can go out and save them.
4) Character with KO POWER. You don't want another juggler/damage racker. You don't want a Sonic for example.

Bad partner:
Any character lacking at least 2 of the above traits.

That being said, you can decide on who we want to theorycraft/discuss with first.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Based on your guidelines, D3 is our best choice for doubles, which I have no problem with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So wanna discuss D3? ;o I have no qualms about discussing him either ^_^

We also should discuss sometime how Jigglypuff does herself in teams.

SuSa

Based on your guidelines, D3 is our best choice for doubles, which I have no problem with.

D3, Snake, or MK.

Which are the best 3 doubles partner for any character, so I guess.. meh....

D3 can recover on his own has good KO power and can setup rest from a CG, Snake has uber KO power and survivabilty (although lacks a way to setup a guarenteed rest), MK has uthrow (for rest) and well... is MK..:laugh:

I wouldn't mind discussing D3.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Based on your guidelines bowser is a good teamate and hes viable for low tier now we should do him imo.

SuSa

Based on your guidelines bowser is a good teamate and hes viable for low tier now we should do him imo.
Don't underestimate Bowser. EdreesePieces almost ***** my Snake with his Bowser. That's what I get for underestimating him.

<i>There's also this one guy who actually mains Bowser who was giving me a harder time than any other non-PR</i>.

Bowser's ****ty, but he's not completely unviable and horrible... well.. hes unviable if you want Top3 perhaps. :laugh:

But yes, Bowser would actually be an alright teammate. Again, he suffers the "Outclassed by D3, Snake, and DK" problem. He's viable but theres better.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
;3c We can start Dedede now ;D

They have been called in. ^_^ I will give my input in a bit.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Pros of having :dedede: as your teammate

You have a serious stock tank
You have great support
You have a way of actually landing Rest (our D-Throw)
This team can dominate the air
Dedede can handle Game and Watch and Wario..two very common doubles characters that wreck Jiggz.

Cons:

Dedede has issues landing kill moves once Bair is stale
Dedede is a HUGE target and can get cluster****ed by everything
Dedede requires babysitting by the other teammate in order for the team to work
Double Metaknight will wreck this team

Details:

This team is not bad. DDD makes a great support character but I don't see Jiggs as being the main kill racker in most teams. I suppose if you're skilled at getting those Rest kills its a different story. But Dedede is fat..this works for and against him in teams. His weight usually makes him the stock tank since he can sit back and take a lot of damage..which is good since Jiggz is the lightest character in the game.. However DDD gets hit by quite literally everything. So our effectiveness is greatly reduced if we're caught in the middle. We also have no real GTFO options that are quick so Jiggz will have to closely be watching us..like pretty much all of our partners do. If you can do this though you'll have a solid team.

DDD' usually doesnt have issues making back to the stage but with Jiggz horizontal movement I can see Jiggz saving us if we're in trouble. On the flip side we can use Nair to pop you straight up if you're in trouble or a weak hit Bair will do it.

I'll post more later if needed...gotta get to work.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I've actually had fantastic teams with C. Falcon.
Setups for rest are good, and killing potential is mediocre. Saving c. Falcon isn't too hard either. Uthrow to Knee? Good Shee. Grab>Rest? Golden.

I've had REALLY good results with Cfalcon.

Any character, grab pummel ground release to rest.

Falco's a pretty terrible teammate. Too many lasers.

D3 is a great teammate for Jiggly. Snake isn't a good teammate, Grenades and being remotely close to snake during doubles gets you ****ed up due to 3 pieces, 2 pieces. 8 pieces. You know, and then mines going off all over the place. It's a good idea for a heavy character or someone with pro momentum cancelling ie G&W or MK. But Jiggly doesn't like it.

I say best teammates, C.Falcon for Low Tiers, D3 and Marth isn't bad. You can sve him, he can kill early and he can protect you in the air.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I love Snake as a partner, as he compliments (at least my) Jigglypuff really well. Jiggs sucks on the ground and Snake sucks on the air, vice versa. Snake is fat and Jiggs is light. Snake would probably be better off with mk, but Jiggs would love to be with Snake. Learn to avoid his explosives and they can work very well together; we rarely hit each other. Last time I played doubles, I was stock tanking as the Snake took most of the aggro and did us pretty well until we played a Snake+MK team.

Top Bottom