• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Jigglypuff Beginner's Guide

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Zarxrax submitted a new resource:

Jigglypuff Beginner's Guide - To help you quickly get up to speed with the Puff

Jigglypuff Beginner's Guide

Jigglypuff has a unique playstyle unlike any other character in Smash. With her multiple jumps, fast air speed, and powerful aerial attacks, Puff is an air fighter through and through--essentially the opposite of Little Mac. Jigglypuff is well-known for her "rest" attack, which is one of the strongest moves in the game.
Jigglypuff has several weaknesses though. Mainly, she is the lightest character in the game, so she dies really easily...
Read more about this resource...

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Just wrote a fairly complete beginner's guide for Jigglypuff. I'll be glad to hear feedback regarding any suggestions or corrections.

Koalabe

Smash Rookie
Loved this guide, but there are a few combos that are also pretty useful to puff

Forward air into down air, works until opponent gets pushed too far away

Pound into forward air into down air 0-30 medium weights

Jablock into sing into rest/smash attack. (Though this is a more complex thing)

Just some thoughts

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
Loved this guide, but there are a few combos that are also pretty useful to puff

Forward air into down air, works until opponent gets pushed too far away

Pound into forward air into down air 0-30 medium weights

Jablock into sing into rest/smash attack. (Though this is a more complex thing)

Just some thoughts
I like that last combo you mentioned!

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
If you aren't going off stage to edge guard people for whatever reason, there are a few things you can do to cover certain get-up options they have at the ledge, nair has such a long lasting hitbox that you should be able to use it to cover normal getup, and jump, if you fade back towards the stage you can sometimes catch people rolling on. If you think they are going to roll on or do the attack get up, maybe they have a habit you have picked up on like they roll on a lot when they are at high% or they get up attack if you are near the ledge and you are at high % or something, or maybe they are just bad and chose the same option every time, you can get a rest. If you are at the ledge and shield and they getup attack, you can rest them after they hit the shield, if you think they are going to roll, you can roll before they do and rest, you will be in the right spot to catch them as they roll on. If you know the range for this you can put yourself in that spot anyway, but a roll back from the ledge will put you there. If they like to drop down and come back with an aerial, pound can often catch this with most characters.

I'm not the best puff player and am only average player. But I never see the rest stuff mentioned at the ledge. I assume because going off stage to hit them is usually a better option. But I thought id type it here in case anyone didn't know about it.

https://gfycat.com/lonekeenblackfootedferret
https://gfycat.com/OblongNarrowGalago

Top Bottom