• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Jigglypuff 101 by RPK aka Pink=3

RPK

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff 101

Cheap Introduction
First off I would like to say. Thank you for reading this guide on Jigglypuff. This will help you out, hopefully, to experienced players and the Jigglypuff noobs who read this guide. I dont like writting intros...So Lets Skip to the next Section shall we. And by the way...If anything here is missed please inform me about it thanks =3 There are some reasons to use Jigglypuff. Im gunna post the pros and cons. But being the great Lazy guy I am XD Im not gunna put it in the index.

Pros
-Jigglypuff has great DI
-Jiggly has 5 jumps in addition to her rising pound making her recovery the best in the game
-Rest Combos
-Great Edge Gaurding Ability
-Her moves have decent knockback
-Is hard to combo

Cons
-Jigglypuff has a lightframe so shes easy to kill
-Doesnt have that good of a reach as other characters
-No Up+B recovery
-Cant Chain Grab

Index
. Introduction
.Pros and Cons[BTW I bet there is more but like I said Im lazy=3]
. Move List
. Advanced Tactics Introduction
. Wall Of Pain
. Resting
. Mind Games
. Character Information
. Addition Information
. Frequently asked questions
. Credit

RPK

Smash Lord
MOVELIST
Rollout: B (18%)
Jiggly launches itself in a rolling attack, similar to Yoshi’s Egg Roll. Holding the B button down will increase the speed and strength of the attack. Unlike smash attacks, you can hold this attack for as long as possible. This move can be used for edge guarding. Jigglypuff gains a small amount of air after making contact and can hit opponents close to the edge but still air born to knock them away again. though it shouldnt be used for it is risky to do obviously. I wouldnt recommend it...But it is good though on certain occasions besides that of edge guarding. The opponent can also sweet spot the edge forcing you to totally miss and well...bye bye. However this would be good to do at Mute city for you dont have to worry about the edge and will have a better chance of landing rollout on your opponent.

Sing: B + Up
Jigglypuff sings a lullaby to send the opponent asleep, rendering them hopeless and leaving them at your mercy. Does not work on opponents in the air.
This move isnt used much due to how hard it actually is to land it on an opponent. Of course though there are times that this move is used and can put an opponent to sleep and stop Jigglypuff from singing that **** song right when you put them to sleep >_< This move is known as Edge Canceled Sing. Basically the move is cancelled by grabbing on to the edge during the move. However I would only use this move as a suprise attack for most of the time you will get a smash to the face.

Rest: B + Down (28%)
Jigglypuff sends itself asleep for around three seconds, but lets out an intense energy force at the second it drops off. One of the moves that Jigglypuff players love to use. This move can be used to kill off opponents at high percentages considering it has the power of a baseball bat. This is also a move that can be easily comboed into. This will be covered in the Resting Section

Pound: B + Forward (13%)
Jigglypuff slaps its opponent viciously, knocking them back slightly. This is a move that all Jigglypuff players use as a recovery. This move can also be turned into a pound where in air jigglypuff can go forwards up or down. A great move for recovery. This move though should only be used in the air for the player can get extra range. And now a good explination that came from Takalth with his presentation the power of pound *presents Takalth on a brightly lit stage.*
Takalth said:
The power of pound:
Jigglypuff's forward B is constantly underestimated, even by skilled players, because the animation is so unimpressive, but this move is absolutely key to mastering Jigglypuff.
First, the hitbox is massive. Both the horizontal and vertical reach are substantially more than the animation would suggest, and the prelag is negligible. Even opponents accustomed to Jigglypuff will frequently underestimate your reach with this move, so spam it mercilessly. This is particularly useful against edge guarders because it has more reach than most moves that are used for edge guarding.

Second, it does incredible damage to shields. Opponents will be forced to use their shield rarely for fear that you will break it (since a broken shield against Jigglypuff is almost guaranteed death). Use high pounds that barely nick the shield to evade shield grabbers, if necessary.

Third, it's a great setup. Depending on your opponent's percentage and the exact angle you hit them at, you can frequently follow with an u-air or b-air. One of the best uses is if somebody is edge guarding, you can hit them with a pound, which knocks them behind you, then chase them with a b-air or two (sometimes even a full wall of pain if you have enough jumps).

Jab: A (3%)
Jiggly punches it’s opponent.
Id just stick to Double jab on this one.

Double Jab: A, A (5%)
Jiggly punches it’s opponent twice.
Two Jabs. This is a pretty decent move. For after you can follow it up with a grab and then maybe into a rest combo. Careful on where you use this move for it has a lot of lag behind it and will give the opponent more then enough time to retaliate.

Headbutt: Up Smash (19%)
Jiggly launches a headbutt.
This is a great juggling move. Knocks the enemy into the air and can set up some juggling, and start some combos. This is nice to KO after a lengthy juggle. This in addition can also be used on fast fallers for a simple jump up and rest and like all moves can be jump cancelled into it straight out of your shield.

Spin Splits Kick: Down Smash (16%)
Jiggly kicks on both sides.
This knocks the enemy off their feet, more to the side than upwards. A great Edge-Guarding move. When the opponent is hit with this move they are sent downwards at an angle if this move connects when edge guarding an opponent. Once again a great move for edge guarding

Furious Kick: Forward Smash (23%)
A fierce kick.
This is a surprisingly quick attack with decent damage, for Jigglypuff anyway. Has a decent reach, especially compared with Jiggly’s other attacks. This is nice to clear a little space, and a good KO move. This move can be used for edge guarding for a good amount of reach out over the edge. This can also stop a fox illusion or falco phantasm thats coming from off of the ledge.

Vertical Kick: Tilt Up (9%)
Jigglypuff kicks backwards, hitting enemies above and behind it.
This is the most universal move that can be done into rest. This shall be covered more in the Resting Section of the guide.

Low Kick: Tilt Down (10%)
Jiggly ducks and kicks.
Has surprising reach, useful for stopping dash attacks or smacking those lying on the ground. I wouldnt recommend it for it has little knock back.

Spin Kick: Tilt Forward (10%)
A spinning kick.
Has a nice knockback, can clear some space and which can be used for an assult into a beloved Rest combo.

Flying Headbutt: A While Running (12%)
Running headbutt.
This a good move when the opponent is trying to escape from the Wall of Pain for it clears the little space and knocks them back up for another Wall of Pain. This is also another great move that can be used for edge guarding since it has not only vertical reach but horizontal reach as well.i

Aerial Kick: A (In the Air) (8%)
A kick in the air.
This move has very little knock back but if done right can fend off moves such as Samus's charge shot [WOAH! O.o] and other projectiles. An alternate to this would be pound.

Vertical Punch: Tilt Up (In the Air) (12%)
Jigglypuff punches in the air.
This move is a good move that can juggle opponents into the air. Also another great set up move for Rest.

Aerial Spin Kick: Tilt Down (In the Air) (1-4%)
Jigglypuff kicks a number of times on its way to the ground.
As seen in The King's Rollout Video, This is a good move to keep your opponents off of the edge. It is greatly under used and can be used to make your opponents drop closer to the floor and maybe if the opponent DI's the way you want them to you might be able to fair or bair them right after and then make your way back up to hog the edge.

Double Kick: Tilt Forward (In the Air) (10%)
Jiggly performs a dropkick in the air.
This is a great attack. For as an alternative to recovering you can use this besides pound for a faster way back up onto the stage. This is also one of the essential moves to Wall Of Pain and will be covered more in the Wall of Pain Section.

Single Kick: Tilt Back (In the Air) (12%)
Jigglypuff kicks behind itself.
Another great move for it has increadible knockback and is another essential to the Wall of Pain and will also be covered in the Wall of Pain section of this guide.

Forward Throw (12%)
This is a great move for making space between you and your opponent in addition to setting them up for another Wall Of Pain. Works just as well if you throw them off the edge and intercept them by using fair.

Backward Throw (10%)
This is the highest knockback throw and well is used for the same reason the Forward throw is used.

Downward Throw (8%)
This move is great for racking up damage for you have the ability to combo into it. If the opponent doesnt DI as far away you are able to perform a F-Smash or if they DI a little bit out of your reach you should be able to Wavedash towards them into a F-Smash instead.

Upward Throw (11%)
Good for setting up juggling, A great move to perform on the fast falling characters for it can be done into rest or if they are to high you will be able to perform a uair into rest or just another uair.

Dodge
IMO this isnt the best dodge in the game but with some good mind games can be a good part of setting up the opponent for rest.

Roll
Jigglypuff’s roll is great for a more offensive player. You don’t roll too far away so you have a chance to attack, which is severely needed. This rolls a fifth of the length of Final Destination. As long as it gets Jiggly out of the firing line, it’s great, but the chance to counter-strike quickly makes it even better. Along with Pound, Furious Kick, Downward Throw and Rest. Be warned that just because Jigs has a good roll doesnt mean you should over use it. You will get too predictable

Air Dodge
More defence for Jigglypuff. This is great, especially compared to other character’s air dodges.
This can be used as an alternative to up B if you ran out of jumps on your way back. If your low you can use this to launch yourself back up since Jigglypuff's air dodge has a great distance.

RPK

Smash Lord
Advanced Tactics Intro

Let me start off by staying that the purpose of this guide is to give you an idea of how to play the match-ups listed as Jigglypuff. Use this advice or not. It is your choice; however all of these tactics have proved the test of time.

If you think you are good then ask yourself these questions:
1. Do I space my Arials?
2. Can I do 4 hit + combos with Jiggs on opponents that DI?
3. Can I automatically rest my opponent when they make a mistake?
4. Do I DI correctly?
5. In Teams is every grab by your partner a “free” rest?
6. Can I predict what/where my opponent will go when they are recovering and punish them for it?
7. Can I wavedash into rest?
8. Do I think Rollout, and Sing are bad?
9. Do I crouch cancel effectively, and during the correct times?
10. Am I King, KishPrime, Anden, KillaOr, or Magus?

If you answered no to more than half of these questions then you either need to practice a whole lot, or re-examine whether or not you should continue to use Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff much like Shiek, is really an art form; consisting of continuous BackAirs, ForwardAirs, and Rests. Shiek and Jigglypuff are both fantastic characters whom are blessed with two moves that are almost completely useless.. Shiek with her DownB, and ForwardB, & Jigglypuff with her NeutralB, and UpB… Not to say that any of these moves are completely useless, however the actual chance of you using one of these while in a match against someone of superb skill is quite minimal. Therefore Jigglypuff and Shiek are restricted due to a smaller plausible moveset. Therefore mindgames are a crucial part in playing Shiek, and Jigglypuff at a higher level of play. Therefore with less options it is much easier to predict what your opponent will do. ie. you.

RPK

Smash Lord
Wall Of Pain
The Essential to Jigglypuffs play is the wall of pain for it is used to continuosly juggle them or to keep at them with a barrage of attacks. The wall of pain consists of the Attacks Bair and Fair and through just those two aerial attacks rack up damage on your opponent. The move Dair is a move that has increadible knock back and is the move the most Jigglypuff users abuse in their game play. One of the ways Jigglypuff users use this move is on a ground bound opponent. Obvious yes but in a way that they are able to pull it off twice even if the opponent tries and dodge the first one he or she will have to dodge the bullet again while you are safe.

The way to do this is to perform a Full jump and a bair on the way up. During this you must DI towards your opponent during the attack then away and back towards your opponent with another bair which should be L-cancelled. This can also be done using Fair.

If you have watched the Video Rollout, by King, you should know that the Wall of Pain can be used to KO an opponent when they are off of the edge. When the opponent is around 30-40% this move should be at its best. When you get them off the edge deliver a bair to the opponent immediatly jump and perform the bair once more to keep your height up and to keep up your speed with your continuing onslaught of bairs. When using Bair be sure to aim towards the center of the opponent so that they would pop up a little bit but still be close enough to bair them again. With this tactic in mind you can also use Fair to drive them towards the edge. When they are at higher damage even a little bit can be more. With Fair you have more range and are able to knock them close to the edge of the screen easier. When performing this you dont have to kill them but drive them far enough away so that they wont be able to get back. I suggest using only 2-3 attacks then make your way back to the edge with rising pounds and jumps and then grab the ledge and wait.

If the opponent manages to make it back or you didnt land enough hits on them to knock them far away you have the ledge to keep you company. When they are in range let go of the ledge and drop a little bit to stay level with the ledge then jump towards them and bair. This should keep them at bay. This can be done by not Short Hopping and then going down but simply letting go of the ledge by tapping down. However if they get over your defense you can also do this....You know what Ill tell you in the next section. For now though what Ill explain which is quite simple is WOP on the stage. Best practice on FD then on Dream Land incase of platforms. Anyways for WOP on the stage just do a simple SHFFL'd Bair or Fair. When you land be sure to jump again and keep on them with a barrage of Bairs which is the quickest and best attack to use to juggle them when on stage. I suggest Dash Danching then going to that when you have faced away from them. Anyways time for the next section.

RPK

Smash Lord
Resting
A move that has a whole lot of power with great knock back. The move rest has a small hit box. If you draw a circle around Jigglypuff's eyes well thats where the hitbox for rest is. Unfortunatly this move is, for some, hard to pull off being that it starts from frame one and stays out only one frame. In addition the player is also quite vaunerable for 3 seconds. This move though a lot of players can combo into this move. I'll start on well known combos that go into rest.

1) Up-Tilt into Rest
This move is probably the most universal move that Jigglypuff players know that can be used to go into rest. The easiest way to pull this off is to have your back to the opponent and to do this until they get within the rest hit box and Rest them. Also though that if they fly above you, you can also jump up and rest them. If the opponent trys to DI away but they are still close perform another Up-Tilt and depending on the situation you should go in for a rest.

2)SHFFL'd Fair into rest
When theyre at a low percentage where moves such as Fair have little knockback this is when you are able to SHFFL this move into a rest combo. This move can be done when they are in still their stun frames and can be pulled out quickly.

3)Bair into rest.
When performing the WoP if they happen to get within the rest Hitbox well rest them and get the kill simple as that. Its either that or when a character flys above you during a Bair L-canceled, similar to rest combo one just jump up and rest them.

4)Up-throw to rest
This move I would suggest that it be performed on fast fallers at an early percentage.

5) Uair Lcanceled Up-Tilt to Rest
When performing Uair the opponent will fly into the air enough for you to pull a Up tilt to rest.

6)Uair to rest
When you perform an Uair within the air you can jump up and perform a rest on your opponent while they are in stun frames.

7) Pound into rest
On the ground you can pound them, jump into a rest. When in the air, after you pound them, you can also jump up and rest them if they are still close after you perform the pound attack.

8)Dair L-canceled, into rest combo 1
When performing a Dair on a groundbound opponent it is best to try and land behind them so you may perform combo one. Dair to rest can be highly unrelyable and is hard to pull off.

9)Short Hop to Rest
A risky move when performed on a ground bound opponent. For Rest can be shielded and it will leave you wide open. Perform this move with caution. But if they are wide open take advantage of the situation and short hop and rest them.

10) Down Throw to Rest
This is a nice combo however Im not sure for all of them obviously so far all I know is that it words on the character Shiek it is a nice combo however I still need to experiment.
11) The most Dangerous Form of Rest, Run to Rest
TO Tell the truth...I dont know how it goes myself. I can do it but I cant explain it its wierd >.< Sorry but cant reveal this way.
These combos can all be pulled off. But it depends on where the opponent is after you pulled off a move that goes right before rest. For example you Uair the opponent and you both are close to the edge, go for a WoP instead if they are too far away for a rest attack. All of this depends on the situation and on where the opponent is. When pulling off these combos use your head will ya?

Also to add to this...Jigglypuff doesnt always have to pull off combos just so you can land rest. There are other ways as well.

1) One of the most well known ways, even among noob players, is to jump over your opponent and well onto them, into the hitbox, and then rest. Of course when playing pro players they wont allow this to happen without proper mind games which I shall cover.
2) After you have shielded an opponent, you can jump out of your shield and rest them.
3) One of the ways, risky, is to just run dash cancel and jump into your opponent and rest. However I favor this way when an opponent is making his or her way back up onto the ledge and land making them open to attack because of the lag from the up-B. Also this is a good way to kill a Samus or Link after they have failed their attempted grab.
4) A way to do this if you are hanging onto the ledge, if your opponent gets past your defenses and back onto the ledge, just barely, you have the ability to short hop off of the ledge and into your opponent for a rest attack. Similar to number 3 but from off the ledge.
5) Dont count rolling out. If you are somehow able to roll behind your opponent and they bite and take a swing, punish them with a good ol fashioned rest attack. Be aware though that they can roll as well or side step you entire attack.
6) Another way which I have seen is to crouch cancel attacks and then during their lag jump up and rest them. However this should be done at a low percentage to prevent Jigs from popping up after the attack even though you crouch canceled.
7) A way to do it is to do it when you are about to get hit or something close to that. What I have found is that if you are hit in the beginning of your rest attack your invincibilty frames will block it and then you shall hit them with your rest shortly after. However I am still unsure of this one.
8)Crouch Resting Air attacks:
When Jigglypuff performs a downB on the ground, she is made to stand at the beginning of the move. This means that while you're crouching, the hitbox for rest is actually above the puffball. With enough timing, this technique can be death on characters that are highly dependent on air attacks. Characters coming directly overhead with air attacks are all viable targets for this move, and in many cases, a limb extended over Jiggly's head is sufficient.
Naturally, a good opponent will pick up on this quickly, but it's great for mind games, and it will often completely cripple tactics that they are highly dependent on. If you can develop the timing for this, it can be quite valuable.
9)One of the ways is having the opponent roll towards you with some good mind games so you can rest them.

Mind Games
Being as Lazy as I am I will only cover a few advanced mind games. Simple ones for even a monkey can think them up without reading this guide =3 Anyways in this section I will cover these mind games that can play a big part in your game play.

-Double Jump Mind
-Dash Dancing & Wavedashing
-Single Full Jump Mind Game-Air Dancing.

Single Full Jump Mind Game/Balloon Mind Game
Let me start off by saying that Mind games will be a big part of your game. Let me start off on the bottom of the list with the Single Full Jump Mind Game or Air Dancing. This is a basic technique that utilizes a Full Single Jump. When this happens Jiggle the control stick back and forth during the jump. Since Jigglypuff has great DI she will move as though she is a balloon in the wind. Out of this you can do many many things. You have the choice of attacking, wavelanding, jumping again and from there you can jump again. Jumping after another jump as a mind game is a basic Double Jump Mind Game.
Double Jump Mind Game
Basically this is good after some conditioning on your opponent. However I really doubt that you will think this much during a match for if you do its gunna get you killed. Its basically to repeat Jigs short hops into a quick attack over and over such as a SHFFL'd Bair. However after youve done this enough times to make your opponent think that you might do it again you just have to jump again instead of attack. What might happen is that they might side step all of your attacks or roll away. When this happens next time you go in for a SHFFL'd Bair after Short Hopping just jump again. Their reaction might have them roll or sidestep since they thought that you might do a bair again. This will leave them open and punish accordingly.
Dash Dancing & Wavedashing
Dash Dancing is a good part of Jigglypuffs game. For Jigglypuff has many options open to her. She can run then just rest out of no where, SH into a bair or fair depending on the direction. If they come at you, you can always WD and jump out of the way.
These are just some basic mind games that can be incorperated into not just Jigglypuff's but any characters arsenal of mind games. Except for Air Dashing.
Utilizing the Edge To Your Advantage
Using Jigglypuff's great DI you are able to let go of the edge and float back in one jump and with the right DI you are able to either grab back on or float back onto the stage. What you could do is that when the opponent is gunna go for a smash attack you can let go and DI away then jump back up into a fair to the opponent.

RPK

Smash Lord
Character Information
Counters

Marth- By far Jigglypuff’s hardest matchup. Marth out ranges you, and can be quite difficult to combo in many situations. Pretty much either do not use Jigglypuff, or hope to mindgame in an UpAir at a low percent, and then combo him up to about sixty Washdashing is probably one the most important advanced tactics in this matchup, because it can mean the difference between a tipper, and a regular Fsmash. Crouch Cancel is also your friend, because it’ll help you live probably an extra 30% and give you some nice rests. Wait for him to try and grab you (because they always do), and then either SH rest him, or WaveDash  Rest. You r@pe his recovery, just don’t get spiked. Most Marths have a tendency to Fair when they are near the stage, so wait it out one second longer than you think you should, and then attack! Don’t get greedy. Use Fairs instead of Bairs when comboing off the stage, but really only when he’s going off the stage. Bair is nice, but only (for comboing off the stage) around 40-60 because you can hit him around 3 times when you space/place them correctly. Uairs combo really quite nicely around 0-45 but past that rely more on your conventional WoP. Whenever you manage to Mindgame in a grab either Dthrow (if he’s around 0-30) and follow it up with an Uair if you can.. otherwise just follow his DI, and do what you can. Bthrow, and Fthrow during the other situations… never Uthrow a Marth. Quite useless. That’s pretty much it.. space, and combo using Uairs first and then Fairs. Good Luck.

Fox- The root of all evil. Honestly this matchup isn’t that bad.. except that he pretty much automatically kills you at 80%. You can jump out of his Uthrow  Uair after about 12%, and you can combo him rather nicely with Uairs, Fairs, and Bairs. Getting grabbed isn’t really a problem, just make sure in this matchup that on the way down from the ceiling you do not get Uair’d. There isn’t much advice needed here except for saying you should combo, combo, combo with those Uairs.

Zelda- Do not crouch cancel. Every single one of her moves has enough reach and range to hit you even if just barely. This is all about out spacing her spacing with your own spacing. You can’t really combo her that affectively, but you can Bair her 3-4 times in a row if you WoP while rising from a puff, then hit her on the way down, and then follow it up. Just like Azen says.. “Don’t Jump into the ****”.. It’s great advice b/c most good Zelda players can anticipate a jump, and immediately Bair you, which kills at rather low %;s… The secret to winning is staying in a pillar above/below her. She can’t do much there, so just stay above/below her.

YoungLink- He’s not going to combo you half as much, as he will spam you.. Expect Dthrow  Utilts  Dair.. Either learn to power shield or get really good at knocking back projectiles with your Fairs/Bairs as well. It’s also much easier to combo him with Fairs, instead of Bairs, so keep that in mind. His recovery is also much worse than 7yrs later Link, so if he’s below the stage get in his face, and he’ll pretty much cry like a 10yr old *****. The best strategy here is to get in his face, and not let him spam ****. Never let up.

Picachu- Even though he has the strongest Usmash in the game he still is not as difficult as Fox. His Sparks can be a nuisance, but you can jump over them most of the time.. Watch out for an Usmash out of shield ie- space your aerials very well. Uairs are great for comboing, but don’t get too excessive.. his Nair has more priority, and is quite quick. His recovery is pretty amazing b/c he can pretty go wherever he wants to, but you can still put on the pressure when he is headbutting. He cannot really combo you with Uairs, but he can still lay on the damage so don’t get too comfortable in the air. Don’t pound as much in this fight, b/c it can be very easily punished. If he DI’s into you, you can also combo him pretty ok with around 2-3 Bairs. Bthrow  Bair is also pretty reliable.

Soft Counters

Ganon- Kills you in about 5 hits without DI.. Yeah… This is nasty. On the stage he has the advantage, but off it you truly are the king.. (only figuratively of course). Pretty much you can’t go wrong comboing in this matchup.. I suggest Uairs, and Fairs… Bairs are harder to time, and if you miss him while he’s recovering you’ll probably get DownB spiked and that’s never good. He is pretty slow off the stage, so you don’t really need to worry about being super technical there.. it just becomes pretty annoying when he never dies. In this matchup don’t get grabbed.. Dthrow  Uair is pretty painful.. Also CC is never a bad idea, just make sure you can WD.. and don’t get stomped >_<

Shiek- Another Match full of grabs.. She’ll spam needles, and Dthrow into either Bair, Uair, or Fair… You MUST learn to DI this or you will lose this match. When she throws you down, DI toward the upper-back-corner of the stage away from the direction she is facing. If the Shiek is inexperienced or doesn’t know how to DI you can Dthrow  Uair  Rest, and it’s really quite easy to rest her when she dask atks you, while you CC. CC is your friend, and this will make it very difficult for her to grab you without “charging” her needles, SHing, and then hitting on the way down and then grabbing you while you lag. She can also be really gae by keeping you off the stage by repeatedly Bair’ing you. If you likes to do this, then when you are close, pound away from the stage, and then move in. Pound if amazing in this matchup as well b/c you can also combo her pretty nicely with Uairs as well.. Pound will just get her into the air. If you’re trying to play the D-Fence game then CC and wait for her to come near, and then space an Fair.

Peach- Perhaps the 3rd dumbest matchup in the game... next to the Jiggs ditto, and Peach ditto. GET IN HER FACE!!!!! She likes to spam **** at you.. do not let her. The more opportunity she has to throw turnips the more opportunity you give her to pull a stitchface/bomb. Fairs work, and Uairs work at very low percents. At most %’s below 60 you can also WoP two Bairs in and hit her two consecutive times in a row!! Your killing moves are Rest, Usmash, Bair, and Fsmash.. Usually Fsmash, and Rest though. She’ll kill you with her dash atk, but you can CC that and rest her until you’re at about 80.. but her Nair is quite unreasonably strong, so make sure you can DI. Fair is also pretty ridiculous to watch for that as well. She may also try to Throw a turnip, and while your lagging from the hit she’ll Fair you… FF and she may miss. You can always hope right?? This match goes to whomever gets more hits in over a long period of time.. but she kills you faster so get in a lot more than she does. Space Bairs, Fairs, and never let up.

Falco- A lot of people disagree with the opinion that he is a “soft counter” for Jiggs, but I stand by my decision. He’ll laser spam, and Dair you a lot. His Fsmash is slow, but crazy powerful, and his Uairs are almost perfect for comboing you… Dang. Uthrow rest, and Uair combos are exactly what you’re gonna have to do… Don’t expect to get very many grabs though.. He’s too fast, and very jumpy.. He’s Fox, except harder to grab, and easier to combo, and you automatically kill him with a rest. If he’s off the stage, then he’s done.. so get in his face… GG anyone?? Pretty much refer to the Fox section.

Capt. Falcon- I’m not gonna lie… Last time I played a decent C. Falcon (sorry CK) I got 4 stocked… ie. G-Reg (too good) it was 3 months ago but still. No good experience. I guess just combo… >_> No Uthrow rest though >_<

Doc- Everything Mario isn’t.. A doctor.. with lots of money, and a better Fair… with horrible recovery >_> He’ll own you with Bairs, and Dthrows, so make sure you space your aerials correctly, and r@pe his recovery. Bairs, Uairs, and Fairs are the way to go. Combo, and you’re pretty good to go. Bthrow  Bair is nice b/c his recovery is indeed trash. CCing isn’t really a bad idea here, but I’m pretty sure he can still grab you if you do.

Even

Jigglypuff- I personally hate this matchup more than I hate fighting a Marth. Pretty much if you can WoP you are probably pretty good at this matchup. Two hit combos, never more. Bair is your friend as long as you can space it correctly; it has more priority, and is faster than Fair. Rest, but only if you are away from the respawning location (avenger rest KOing)… Neither of you die, and this matchup usually (if played correctly) takes about 8 minutes. >_> Slit-my-wristsies…

OK Matchup(s)

Bowser- this one is obvious. Bowser is quite a large target, so resting is easier. Due to his intense weight you can UpAir this sucker till kingdom come… Rapsies. 

Stupid People- yeah.. pretty much CC and then rest them when they dash atk…

Good Day Sir.
Additional Information
Recovery: Jigglypuff has one of the best, if not, the best recovery in the game. Jigglypuff has a total of 5 jumps in addition to her air dodge and rising pound.
Rising Pound: This is one of the moves that all Jigglypuffs should learn. Before the initial attack rotate the control stick to 135 degrees and jigglypuff, in a very noticable motion, shall go up instead of straight. This can also be used to make Jigglypuff go down if you rotate the control stick to 225 degrees. Great for recoveries I might add =3
Jigglypuff's frame: Jigglypuff has a light frame so, as you have obviously noticed can be thrown around the stage pretty easily. However this makes Jiggly a floaty meaning she cant be comboed as easily as some characters.
Sheild Shattering: When Jigglypuff's shield breaks she flies off the stage...that simple.
Crouching Jigglypuff's crouch is really low to the ground as you have noticed. This is a big advantage.
1)This will give you the ability to dodge nearly all projectiles except for Samus's homing missle, Dr. Mario's Mega Vitamins (AKA popping pills >.<), Mario's fireballs, or Mewtwo's shadow ball(if I missed any Ill put them in later when Im not at school >.<). For these projectiles hit the ground when coming at you.
2) An obvious one is Crouch Canceling. Which will allow you a free rest, or grab.
3) Amazingly Jigglypuff's crouch can evade some of the grabs that are thrown out except for some of the standing grabs.

RPK

Smash Lord
Frequently Asked Questions
{edit-added more questions}
Being the all-around great guy I am, I have included a list of faqs.
This is a list of questions that get asked all the time by newbies/n00bs, and to be honest, answering the same questions repeatedly becomes tiring. A lot of these questions are answered in the “List of Advanced Tactics,” so be sure to skim through that as it’s much more comprehensive than this section. The “Frequently Asked Questions” section is more of a general overview than a complete answer.

1. What is wavedashing?
Wavedashing is jumping, and air dodging diagonally downwards immediately after you leave the ground. Wavedash length is determined by how many degrees below the horizontal you push the control stick. [See Advanced Tactics for more detail]

2. What is wop?
Random info- The term Wall of Pain was coined by Amorasaki.
Wop, or Wall of Pain, is where you short hop, bair, and fast fall l-cancel and repeat in quick succession. In English that means turn away from your opponent, use your mini jump and then your back kick on your opponent from the longest possible range. You then fast fall (press down on the control stick) and do it again fast. This out prioritizes most moves, comes out quickly, and has decent knock back and damage. It is JigglyPuff's main strategy. Please see advanced tactics section for more info.

3. What are some combos for Jiggly?
JigglyPuff has some pretty sick combos. Her most obvious one is the WoP, and that has a front version. The front version is almost the same; it just has further range and is inversed. If you do the forward WoP one important thing to remember is to sweet spot, other wise you will not get enough knockback and will be punished. For this reason the normal WoP is probably a better choice; however the front has further range so it’s better for defense or against charters with log range such as Marth.
Another good combo for Jiggly is her downward puffslap rest combo. I will discuss this under her move puffslap, however.

4. How do I unlock Jigglypuff?
To unlock Jigglypuff (in case you somehow haven’t already) play through classic mode once. Once you beat it you will go the the credits minigame. Then the game will inform you a challenger has appeared and it will show a silhouette of JigglyPuff. You will then fight her. The battle is petty easy, shield grabbing SLAUGHTERS her.

5. Why should I use Jigglypuff?
There are dozens of reasons to used JigglyPuff, but the most important are:
(1.She is easy to master (compared to other characters)
(2. She is super annoying to play against.
(3.She has great reach For more reasons just go to the pros vs. cons section

6. Is sing any good?
Sing which isnt used as often can be good at times for example when Sing Canceling. But it isnt recommended that you depend on this move too much.

7.What is some Jigglypuff info I should know about?
First off, Know that Jigglypuff is considered the second most popular pokemon, next to pkachu. Jigglypuff's gender is unknown, but generally considered female. Jigglypuff's japanese name is purin. Which for some reason is translated to pudding...I have no clue why either so dont ask me. ^^;;

8. How do you Chain Throw with Jigglypuff?
Unfortunatly you cant.....End of story. However you can combo into rest depending on the character and the throw that you are performing.

RPK

Smash Lord
Credit
-Intro
me
-Move List
Got it off of Razor Leaf but I made some edits so that It would be as up to date as I can make it.
-Advanced Tactics intro
Chozen One
-Wall of Pain
me
-Resting
me
-Mind Games
me
-Character Information
Chozen One
-Additional Information
me
-Frequently Asked Questions
AndrewPierce and edited a little bit by me. Not much though.

RPK

Smash Lord
This last post is my personal view on this thread. In addition to the First post transforming this post will as well but more frequently and then I will give my thanks here ^^. Oh and one more thing. Im going to be using this as a Journal and place to inform people of what has been added and my personal opinion. So once again please please please post some info to help improve this guide. Thanks
April 23rd 2006: Well I kinda posted this late at night and didnt have much time to put in some edits unfortunatly. But as time goes on this guide will start to take shape and be that of which people expect it to be. I will post the rest in the next few days. This isnt the best thing but it will be soon.
June 1st: Being the lazy ******* I am, I keep forgetting to edit this place for updates >.<. Anyways almost all of the sections are filled with the information that Im going to put in. Im probably going to work on this sometime this week. You can expect this guide to get better I assure you of that.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
um, you should put in stuff about rising and falling pound. and repeat bairs, you have to jump before you move backwards with the control stick or you will fair them (which doesnt have as much knockback).

and you should make a list of characters that you can do 0% combos on
such as
fox and falco : grab, upthrow, jump, rest (if they dont smash di)
or pikachu : downthrow, jump, rest

u get the picture, it doesnt necessarily mean it wil work all the time, just good to know that if your opponent doesnt di correctly, he will be at a large disadvantage.

RPK

Smash Lord
I kinda had only 20 minutes and just posted what I had already written ^^;; Ill try and get more on today. For today...Wall Of Pain

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Good work overall. Keep in mind that I'm not the best Jiggly player around, but I guess I know a little bit. My comments are in bold.

Rollout: B (18%)
Jiggly launches itself in a rolling attack, similar to Yoshi’s Egg Roll. Holding the B button down will increase the speed and strength of the attack. Unlike smash attacks, you can hold this attack for as long as possible. This move can be used for edge guarding. Jigglypuff gains a small amount of air after making contact and can hit opponents close to the edge but still air born to knock them away again. though it shouldnt be used for it is risky to do obviously. I wouldnt recommend it...But it is good though on certain occasions besides that of edge guarding.

Considering most people, upon seeing you rolling furiously, will sweetspot the edge, Rollout is not really good at edge-guarding. Maybe against the Ice Climbers and on Mute City since sweetspotting becomes less of a problem. Note that the knockback trajectory can either be upwards or downwards. It might be able to be controlled... I'll look into that.

Sing: B + Up
Jigglypuff sings a lullaby to send the opponent asleep, rendering them hopeless and leaving them at your mercy. Does not work on opponents in the air.
This move isnt used much due to how hard it actually is to land it on an opponent. Of course though there are times that this move is used and can put an opponent to sleep and stop Jigglypuff from singing that **** song right when you put them to sleep >_< This is will be covered in the additional Information section.

By this you mean edge cancelled sing, right? It only works really when the opponent doesn't expect it. Usually you'll end up taking a fsmash to the face.

Rest: B + Down (28%)
Jigglypuff sends itself asleep for around three seconds, but lets out an intense energy force at the second it drops off. One of the moves that Jigglypuff players love to use. This move can be used to kill off opponents at high percentages considering it has the power of a baseball bat. This is also a move that can be easily comboed into. This will be covered in the Resting Section

Pound: B + Forward (13%)
Jigglypuff slaps its opponent viciously, knocking them back slightly. This is a move that all Jigglypuff players use as a recovery. This move can also be turned into a pound where in air jigglypuff can go forwards up or down. A great move for recovery.

Note that this move should really only be used in the air (SH or whatever) for the extra range.

Jab: A (3%)
Jiggly punches it’s opponent.
Id just stick to Double jab on this one.

Double Jab: A, A (5%)
Jiggly punches it’s opponent twice.
Two Jabs. This is a pretty decent move. For after you can follow it up with a grab and then maybe into a rest combo.

Jigglypuff's jabs have a lot of lag behind them, and it's hard to follow them into anything unless you catch your opponent by surprise and he doesn't react during the window of lag. I'd usually rather use ftilt.

Headbutt: Up Smash (19%)
Jiggly launches a headbutt.
This is a great juggling move. Knocks the enemy into the air and can set up some juggling, and start some combos. This is nice to KO after a lengthy juggle.

You can do this out of shield by jump cancelling it. It also combos into rest against fast fallers at certain percents.

Spin Splits Kick: Down Smash (16%)
Jiggly kicks on both sides.
This knocks the enemy off their feet, more to the side than upwards. A great Edge-Guarding move.

Furious Kick: Forward Smash (23%)
A fierce kick.
This is a surprisingly quick attack with decent damage, for Jigglypuff anyway. Has a decent reach, especially compared with Jiggly’s other attacks. This is nice to clear a little space, and a good finishing smash.

Good KO move. It has surprisingly good knockback, and can KO most characters around 70 to 80 percent. A little lower than that, you can easily knock them off then intercept them while they try to come back. It can also be used for edgeguarding somewhat.

Vertical Kick: Tilt Up (9%)
Jigglypuff kicks backwards, hitting enemies above and behind it.
This is the most universal move that can be done into rest. This shall be covered more in the Resting Section of the guide.

Low Kick: Tilt Down (10%)
Jiggly ducks and kicks.
Has surprising reach, useful for stopping dash attacks or smacking those lying on the ground. I wouldnt recommend it for it has little knock back.

Spin Kick: Tilt Forward (10%)
A spinning kick.
Has a nice knockback, can clear some space and gives you a chance for a forward charge or a retreat.

Flying Headbutt: A While Running (12%)
Running headbutt.
This a good move when the opponent is trying to escape from the Wall of Pain for it clears the little space and knocks them back up for another Wall of Pain

This also sort of works as an edgeguard, and its trajectory isn't always upwards. Othertimes it can be very horizontal.

Aerial Kick: A (In the Air) (8%)
A kick in the air.
This move has very little knock back but if done right can fend off moves such as Samus's charge shot [WOAH! O.o] and other projectiles. An alternate to this would be pound.

This sort of leads to rest. It also hits below and behind a little better than the fair (and its still a sex kick), but not that well.

Vertical Punch: Tilt Up (In the Air) (12%)
Jigglypuff punches in the air.
This move is a good move that can juggle opponents into the air. Also another great set up move for Rest.

Aerial Spin Kick: Tilt Down (In the Air) (1-4%)
Jigglypuff kicks a number of times on its way to the ground.
As seen in The King's Rollout Video, This is a good move to keep your opponents off of the edge. It is greatly under used and can be used to make your opponents drop closer to the floor and maybe if the opponent DI's the way you want them to you might be able to fair or bair them right after and then make your way back up to hog the edge.

Double Kick: Tilt Forward (In the Air) (10%)
Jiggly performs a dropkick in the air.
This is a great attack. For as an alternative to recovering you can use this besides pound for a faster way back up onto the stage. This is also one of the essential moves to Wall Of Pain

King wrote a really good analysis on this moves advantages and disadvantages over the bair; you might want to look into that. It has both a soft and weaker version which are both fairly useful.

Single Kick: Tilt Back (In the Air) (12%)
Jigglypuff kicks behind itself.
Another great move for it has increadible knockback and is another essential to the Wall of Pain

You should probably place a little more emphasis on this move. After all, it's like the move Jiggly abuses the most. This and fair are both your primary edgeguarding options. If they are trying to recover, just jump out there and mess them up!

Forward Throw (12%)
Great for setting up spikes or some edge-guarding, not that you’ll have a great variety of Spikes. Nice clearout move.

I don't think Jiggly has any spikes. I just use this if they are near the edge and this throw will throw them off so I can get out there and WOP them away.

Backward Throw (10%)
Good in free-for-all situations. Better for setting up combos than Jig’s forward throw. Nice for setting up some edge-guarding.

Highest knockback throw, but its still not a lot. I have trouble seeing this set up any combos, but whatever. The use of this throw is pretty similar to fthrow's; just throw them off the ledge and get out there and intercept their recovery.

Downward Throw (8%)
This is a great damage racker. Use this as much as you can. Sets up Rest perfectly, so get practising.

This actually does the least damage of all the throws, but I guess it is the easiest to combo out of (thus it racks up damage faster), although its still pretty hard if the opponent DI's (which is really easy). Against fast fallers you can link this into fsmash, and if they DI away, you have to link it to a wavedash to fsmash.

Upward Throw (11%)
Good for setting up juggling, and a nice KO move if the opponent is on high damage. Be careful that the opponent does not launch an attack on their way down, instead of landing on your attack.

I've never seen this KO.

Dodge
IMO this isnt the best dodge in the game but with some good mind games can be a good part of setting up the opponent for rest.

Roll
Jigglypuff’s roll is great for a more offensive player. You don’t roll too far away so you have a chance to attack, which is severely needed. This rolls a fifth of the length of Final Destination. As long as it gets Jiggly out of the firing line, it’s great, but the chance to counter-strike quickly makes it even better. Along with Pound, Furious Kick, Downward Throw and Rest.

Air Dodge
More defence for Jigglypuff. This is great, especially compared to other character’s air dodges.
This can be used as an alternative to up B if you ran out of jumps on your way back. If your low you can use this to launch yourself back up since Jigglypuff's air dodge has a great distance.

RPK

Smash Lord
Also be aware that I kinda posted this late at night and got tired and couldnt edit as well. Probably the lack of sleep >.< Anyways good comments. Ill add them in.

twister425

Smash Cadet
if you want mind games, i would consider putting in:

1) dashdances before WoP
2)wavedanching before WoP
3) WD forward/back before WoP
4)after a SH or full jump, smash the control stick left and right randomly in the air which makes Jigglypuff fly around like a balloon caught in a cross wind. (i call it Airdancing. <<<COINED!!!)
5) Randomly crouch (if your emeny is staying far back and waiting) it looks funny when you see the squashed jigglypuff.

i hope i've helped some. i heart mind games.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Oh, for ways to land rest, don't forget CC Rest and Shield > SH > Rest. There's also just plain old Rest, which you use when Samus misses his grab or someone recovers onto the stage instead of sweetspotting and he's suffering from some lag time. Well, use it when the opponent is suffering from major lag in general.

yoda31419

Smash Cadet
It should also be pointed out that if you do a downward throw on a breakable surface (i.e. blocks in mushroom kingdom) you can immediately combo into a rest. Makes it kinda useful after all.

fortyfivetwelve

Smash Rookie
RPK, thanks for picking this project up. It does seem like a good way to compound the knowledge of a lot of people into one place. So keep it up! One way rest can be used if you're playing with items is that you can combo rest directly out of jumping with a screw attack. It works taking the person off the ground with the jump, prolly also if they're coming down on you with an attack. You need to execute rest pretty early into the jump though, or it won't work. also, i couldn't seem to get it to work with the second jump, only the first, but that may be just me.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well Im not gunna put anything about combos...And I still need to test some stuff. Hell atleast I set it up so if I get new info I could just set it in. Im kinda lazy though in the mind game portion...I havent worked on this in a few days...Guilty Gear and friends came over and galactic conquest and other stuff so I havent played smash in a few days either...well Ive been on here but I just went to check and see if the evolution trailer was put up =3 anyways Ill work on it some time this week though. If I get around to it...

Aero

Smash Journeyman
fsmash, dtilt, and dash attack are also good for edgeguarding, along with dsmash and stuff.

Here's a few combos off the top of my head... assuming all aerials that link to ground attacks are lcanceled.

weak fair > grab
weak fair > fsmash
weak fair landing behind opponent> utilt
bair/fair > fsmash/wavefsmash
bair/fair > dash attack
pound > bair
dair > grab
dair landing behind opponent > utilt
uair > utilt

RPK

Smash Lord
sigh I need more help then just two people...I might close this since it isnt getting any attention anyways or give up on it T_T

Ledgem

Smash Rookie
NO!

sigh I need more help then just two people...I might close this since it isnt getting any attention anyways or give up on it T_T
This guide just by reading it has helped me! The people at my school complain that im too "cheap" because I beat them using pretty much pound and Fsmash, and i came here and found out how to really use Jigglypuff. Ive considered myself pretty good compared to who i fight but i found out there is so much I didn't know about Jiggly.

Since i saw in another topic that marth, fox, and sheik is suposedly hard to beat as Jiggly, and that those are who the people i fight (and win) usually use, my guess is they aren't very good at all...

I'd help with the guide if I knew anything... but I don't...

Also, is WD really usefull at all with Jiggly? It seems so slow with her(it), though that just might be me.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Actually, just by skimming over the threads since the beginning, I've had the majority of my questions answered. I think if someone was to make a guide, it could easily be compiled using this Character Specific forum.

Peach has the worst wavedash in the game and hers still manages to be very useful. Jigglypuff's is also very useful, for spacing, mostly.

RPK

Smash Lord
Dont worry Im editing and just so you know Hella WDs with Peach and its really fast O.O trust me 1v1s with his sheik are scary...BTW Im going to continue this
Edit: I mean Peach not Shiek >.<

KaNif

Smash Cadet
RPK said:
Crouching Jigglypuff's crouch is really low to the ground as you have noticed. This is a big advantage.
1)This will give you the ability to dodge nearly all projectiles except for Samus's homing missle, Dr. Mario's Mega Vitamins (AKA popping pills >.<), Mario's fireballs, or Mewtwo's shadow ball(if I missed any Ill put them in later when Im not at school >.<). For these projectiles hit the ground when coming at you.
I could be mistaken here, but I think Jigglypuff's crouch can get hit by most projectiles, like all of Link/Y.Link's projectiles, Peach's turnips, Falco's laser (gotta SHL and shoot really low.. Fox too maybe? I dont know about Fox's SHL?), Sheik's air needles, Pikachu and Pichu's electricity, all of Ness's projectiles, Yoshi's egg, and Zelda's neutral b (dont know what its called 8\ ). So you're not exactly safe from most projectiles when crouching, but it definately helps a lot.

I'm not a Jigglypuff user, but if i remember right, I think Jigglypuff's forward B (pound?) turns the opponent around when they get hit. I haven't really considered what that might be good for (not a Jigglypuff user), but I'm sure it's good for something, and if not, it should be worth mentioning just becuase it's a special characteristic of the move.

You should categorize your moves list (A attacks, B attacks, aerial attacks, throws). It'll make everything nice and organized.

I don't know much about Jigglypuff, but everything looks good so far. keep it up.

RPK

Smash Lord
Your thinking of doc and mario's cape pound is used in recovery and that low of a SHL is hard to pull off. of course sheiks aerial needles but Im talking about mainly the vertical projectiles.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff is my main, but I'm a novice as far as skill goes. I can't wavedash, but I am still fairly good.

With that said, I would like to help in any way I can. Just tell me where to start.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Jiggly's wavedash is awesome.
It helps pull of rests, grabs and Fsmashes.

RPK

Smash Lord
Actually I was gunna put in some WD stuff last night but I was too busy. I even found a way to rest out of a Dash Dance without wavedashing. And yes her wavedash is awesome I just never utalized it in my game play till I played hella on Monday. I almost beat him too >.<

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
okay i know im a noob for asking this but can you do a wavedash while your still sliding from another one? (ei, to increase the speed, you do wavedashes while already in the dash) ive just recently been able to consistantly wavedash but im still not that good with it, so i havent really been able to work much on that.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
here's something i typed that you will hopefully add to the guide.//

Advanced Techniques Intro:
Before using Jigglypuff, please make sure you have a grasp on the techniques found in this thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749

From there, we can learn to link and manipulate these moves to give yourself an advantage.

Chain Throwing:
There are a decent amount of characters in SSBM that can chain grab. Jigglypuff is not one of them. so get over it. her up-throw sends the opponent VERY high up, and gives them a lot of time to recover. The space animals will have a harder time recovering, but still may recover at medium percentages. If you're looking to chain throw your enemy into the abyss, look elsewhere, because Jigglypuff is not a chain thrower.

Directional Influence:
Directional Influence(or DI) is vital to Jigglypuff's game. Her light weight sometimes makes it hard to get juggled, but with DI, you can esape juggles VERY easily (most times) and then counter-attack with her amazing air-game.
Jigglypuff also has something that no one else really has (except maybe kirby). she has something called Air-Dancing. While stunned in the air, Jigglypuff has the amazing ability to float left to right rapidly, making it even harder for the opponent to juggle her. Use this to your advantage in WOP, mind games, and recovery.

Edge Guarding:
Attacks that are good for edge guarding are:
DSmash
FSmash
Dtilt(sometimes)
Bair
Fair
Mix up your edge guarding. becoming repetetive makes it easy on your opponent.

Note: It's also fun to ledge cancel a sing on someone like Fox or Falco when they try and land on the stage instead of on the edge. but it may not always work.

Juggling:
Juggling with Jigglypuff (as with any other character) is very vital. (yea i know..."duh")
Jigglypuff is sometimes seen as weak, easy to kill, and a bad oveall character. But what other people don't realize, is the amazing power of her Rest attack. Most people don't worry about rest (if they're stupid) because they figure that they are very fast, and will not get hit by such an attack. But little do they know, they can easily be put into a rest combo.

Here's a few combos off the top of my head... assuming all aerials that link to ground attacks are lcanceled. As well as possible follow-ups.

(1.) weak fair > grab~~(Low %:down throw, and then SHFFLC a Uair into Utilt to Rest. High %:Down throw to WOP.)
(2.) weak fair > fsmash~~(Low %:this can be kind of dangerous because the Fsmash wont have a lot of knockback if they're at 0%. High %:congrats, you just knocked them far away. pursue them quickly, and catch them off guard.)
(3.)weak fair landing behind opponent> utilt~~(Low %:possibly more Utilts (depending on DI of course.) or even a SHFFLC'd Uair into Utilt, into Rest. High %:If they go too high, pursue with WOP. They will learn their lesson for not using DI.)
(4.)bair/fair > fsmash/wavefsmash~~(Low %:Again, this can be somewhat dangerous to heavy's at low %'s because they wont fly very far. It's also dangerous if they CC the hit. High %: The other character most likley went flying, pursue with WoP, or change it up by waiting for them to get mad and charge you.)
(5.)bair/fair > dash attack~~(Low %:Same as before. kinda dangerous, but low-med%'s it can set you up for WoP. High %:They opponent went flying. *sighs* Pursue or wait. Possibly use Rollout.)
(6.)pound > bair~~(Low %:Great way to set up for WoP. If they opponent doesn't fly very far, you can L Cancel the Bair, and then Utilt to Rest.
(7.)dair > grab~~(Low %:pretty tricky to do no matter what % they are at. But at low %'s, they can be down thrown and Rested. High %:If they are at a very high %, just upthrow for the easy KO.if not, then throw to the nearest edge and pursue.)
(8.)dair landing behind opponent > utilt~~(Low %:This also can be very deadly. From here maybe use another Utilt or SHFFLC a Uair into Rest or WoP.
(9.)uair > utilt~~(Low %:This can be repeated numerous times to get the desired height for a Rest or Wop. High %:this can't be done easily at high % because of knockback.)

(Thanks to aeroshadow for Combo suggestions.)

One thing that i've come upon that Jigglypuff has is the ability to use an air, jump, use an air, jump etc. This tecnhique is used to push an opponent so far off the stage, that they cannot recover, and Jigglypuff can. TheKing (from DBR) uses this technique frquently. Although tough to master (and it varies from %'s) it's an easy way to carry an opponent off the edge without them having any chance of getting back on. Use this to your advantage and you will prosper.

Thats it. i hope you want to use this in your guide.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Fliperotchy said:
(1.) weak fair > grab~~(Low %:down throw, and then SHFFLC a Uair into Utilt to Rest. High %:Down throw to WOP.)
(2.) weak fair > fsmash~~(Low %:this can be kind of dangerous because the Fsmash wont have a lot of knockback if they're at 0%. High %:congrats, you just knocked them far away. pursue them quickly, and catch them off guard.)
(3.)weak fair landing behind opponent> utilt~~(Low %:possibly more Utilts (depending on DI of course.) or even a SHFFLC'd Uair into Utilt, into Rest. High %:If they go too high, pursue with WOP. They will learn their lesson for not using DI.)
(4.)bair/fair > fsmash/wavefsmash~~(Low %:Again, this can be somewhat dangerous to heavy's at low %'s because they wont fly very far. It's also dangerous if they CC the hit. High %: The other character most likley went flying, pursue with WoP, or change it up by waiting for them to get mad and charge you.)
(5.)bair/fair > dash attack~~(Low %:Same as before. kinda dangerous, but low-med%'s it can set you up for WoP. High %:They opponent went flying. *sighs* Pursue or wait. Possibly use Rollout.)
(6.)pound > bair~~(Low %:Great way to set up for WoP. If they opponent doesn't fly very far, you can L Cancel the Bair, and then Utilt to Rest.
(7.)dair > grab~~(Low %:pretty tricky to do no matter what % they are at. But at low %'s, they can be down thrown and Rested. High %:If they are at a very high %, just upthrow for the easy KO.if not, then throw to the nearest edge and pursue.)
(8.)dair landing behind opponent > utilt~~(Low %:This also can be very deadly. From here maybe use another Utilt or SHFFLC a Uair into Rest or WoP.
(9.)uair > utilt~~(Low %:This can be repeated numerous times to get the desired height for a Rest or Wop. High %:this can't be done easily at high % because of knockback.)
Listing combos is pointless.
The best way to learn how to combo, is to learn the character very well. Get a very good feel of how each attack hits. Then practice comboing lv 1 computers by instinct. Then try doing combos on opponents by instinct.

As far as the comboing section of a guide. List what moves generally lead what what other moves. And basic combos. For example, Bair often leads to another Bair. And Upthrow rest is a basic combo that everyone should know.

RPK

Smash Lord
I believe that they should possibly find their own combos. Jiggs isnt really unique and is limited to a number of moves which are used constantly. Such as Utilt, pound, rest, Uair, F&Dsmash, Fair and Bair, dash attack and the occasional rollout. Sonic is right I think that they should just get a feel for the character but however they should find out what to do on their own. I will do it later though if I find it nessicary to do so. Besides Ive only been playing Jigglypuff for not even a month and I still have a lot to learn especially with incorperating things like her short WD and Dash Dancing into my play. Ive only been in advanced play for a year and had no help. Anyways I believe they should find the combos on their own once they get the feel of the character. What might just end up happening is that they will just use WOP as their combo machine. So I might as well do something on that. But yeah I guess thats about it.
EDIT: BTW with king carrying them away with his bairs thats still considered WOP =3

Havachip

Smash Rookie
don't forget crouch canceled rests. Works great on characters that have dash attacks that go through their opponent, such as Shiek.

Takalth

Smash Ace
A few things to add:

1: Rollout can be used to sweetspot the ledge. It takes practice to aim, but it can be useful when your opponent doesn't know if you're coming in for an attack or just trying to hit the ledge for recovery.

For this next part, I am going to write it as if I was making the guide, so you can copy-paste from my post if you wish (or put it into your own terms, whatever you prefer).

The power of pound:
Jigglypuff's forward B is constantly underestimated, even by skilled players, because the animation is so unimpressive, but this move is absolutely key to mastering Jigglypuff.
First, the hitbox is massive. Both the horizontal and vertical reach are substantially more than the animation would suggest, and the prelag is negligible. Even opponents accustomed to Jigglypuff will frequently underestimate your reach with this move, so spam it mercilessly. This is particularly useful against edge guarders because it has more reach than most moves that are used for edge guarding.

Second, it does incredible damage to shields. Opponents will be forced to use their shield rarely for fear that you will break it (since a broken shield against Jigglypuff is almost guaranteed death). Use high pounds that barely nick the shield to evade shield grabbers, if necessary.

Third, it's a great setup. Depending on your opponent's percentage and the exact angle you hit them at, you can frequently follow with an u-air or b-air. One of the best uses is if somebody is edge guarding, you can hit them with a pound, which knocks them behind you, then chase them with a b-air or two (sometimes even a full wall of pain if you have enough jumps).

Crouch Resting Air attacks: (for your section on rest moves)
When Jigglypuff performs a downB on the ground, she is made to stand at the beginning of the move. This means that while you're crouching, the hitbox for rest is actually above the puffball. With enough timing, this technique can be death on characters that are highly dependent on air attacks. Characters coming directly overhead with air attacks are all viable targets for this move, and in many cases, a limb extended over Jiggly's head is sufficient.
Naturally, a good opponent will pick up on this quickly, but it's great for mind games, and it will often completely cripple tactics that they are highly dependent on. If you can develop the timing for this, it can be quite valuable.

Well, I hope you like the suggestions. I also recommend that you PM a moderator and see about getting this thread stickied. Tons of people read guides without posting (which is why this thread doesn't appear to get much attention), and it will save the Jiggly forums from tons of posts with already-known information from people who are new to smashboards.

EDIT: I just realized that the name of this thread is a request for help, which will keep noobs from reading it. There is plenty of useful information here, so the title should also be changed, and the request for help moved to the first line of the thread.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
A simple thing that wasnt mentioned much here is you can punish people who roll excessively by resting them out of their rolls....

thats all I can think of that wasnt really mentioned so far (and hell it might have been lol).

RPK

Smash Lord
Once I get everything down this could possibly be stickied O.o good place where puff players can get their info
EDIT: Umm Chaos Theory can you explain that a little more cause I know what your saying but I just dont know how to say it so that like noobs will know when to do it. However...I have not done that before explain please^^;;

Top Bottom