• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thanks. I had to take the full portraits, crop them, and make a background for them, though. The build I am using as a base (Project M Legacy) has a red background instead of purple.
ho I see

yeah it's easy to do anyway with the HD CSP texture as a base you can easily make a good quality one

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
ho I see

yeah it's easy to do anyway with the HD CSP texture as a base you can easily make a good quality one
Nope. I tried with the HD version. It was so big, I could barely fit in Mewtwo's eye within the size frame I have. I used the Wii CSPs, since those fit perfectly. I used the position on the ones you have (The purple ones), but I moved Roy up five pixels or so so he didn't look out of place compared to Marth or Ike.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I put in your SSB4 Mewtwo and Roy costumes (Alongside Awakening PM Roy as a placeholder), and they are amazing. My one question, however is how do I replace the CSS Image (Not the full render, the one that you have labelled CI_COO). Everything else (CSP, RSP, SI) is replaced, but I want to replace these and I can't figure out how to do so, for either Mewtwo or Roy.
have you heard of this? it'll help you get rid of that much hassle, it's VERY handy

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I heard of it, but I never found a working Link. Same applies to Bin2Jpg. I have a few texture mods that are complete, but I can't show because I don't have Bin2Jpg. Also, I will try that (Brawl Costume Manager) when I get home, I need to go to class.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Yeah the costume manager simplifies the process very easily. Also, if you can't find a screenshot converter, I can share mine so you have a working link.

jaystring

Smash Ace
so jaystring once Cloud is done what is the next big thing youll be doing
Recently in this thread...

Does that answer your question?
While it's true that I've got all star fox Zero's cast, they should not be expected soon since they need to be T-posed first. It's not a super hard job but it's long and I don't like doing it that much.

So I'll probably do them one by one slowly between other mods.

I'll also not be doing more then one "T-pose project" at a time and I've already got this guy in progress of been T-posed!

And while were on the subject of the future, why not showcase a bunch of stuff you can expect after Cloud (in a good good while unfortunatly lol)

It's just to show that I have a lot of stuff I want to do. consider all these as a "confirmed I'll be porting them, you don't need to ask me about them"

Here a tons of WIP stuff I've got:

First, let's not forget that I've still got Wii U Ryu in WIP. (with a real Ken alt). Haven't open the scene in months

Next, Wii U Robin over Marth (yeah the girl version will be done too). I'll be experimenting with having a version with his book in his hand. don't know how this will look but I want to try it out)

Next, Wii U Rosalina over peach. pretty straith forward but I would like to replace Toad with Luma but not sure if it's possible since Toad is shared with all costumes. It would need to be a Dr mario case like the pill with some coding but I don't know how to do this so I won't be able to do it without help)

Next, here's Wii U Shulk in Brawlbox (over Ike)! already skinned and working. need texture work and material etc

Next, here's Dunban. going to be over Marth

Next, Palutena and Phosphora are going to be Zelda/Sheik Skins. I'll see if Palutena can keep her weapons but not sure it will work over Zelda. Phosphora will probably lose her giant scraf thing over Sheik

Next, Wii U Jigglypuff! I know there's already one done but I wanted to do it my way with my kind of texture. plus Jigglypuff is going to be an "easy break project" like Isabelle when I feel bored with bigger project since he's gonna be pretty simple compared to other stuff I've done.

Next, here's Wii U Lyn. want to make a higher res version with more details and bring her up to the quality of the rest. I'm not saying what I'm doing with it next lol

and finally, here's Wii U Zelda in Brawlbox! already skinned too. Need texture, material work etc

As you can see, I've got tons of stuff started. and I didn't even shown them all, got to keep some surprises for next time!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
While it's true that I've got all star fox Zero's cast, they should not be expected soon since they need to be T-posed first. It's not a super hard job but it's long and I don't like doing it that much.

So I'll probably do them one by one slowly between other mods.

I'll also not be doing more then one "T-pose project" at a time and I've already got this guy in progress of been T-posed!

And while were on the subject of the future, why not showcase a bunch of stuff you can expect after Cloud (in a good good while unfortunatly lol)

It's just to show that I have a lot of stuff I want to do. consider all these as a "confirmed I'll be porting them, you don't need to ask me about them"

Here a tons of WIP stuff I've got:

First, let's not forget that I've still got Wii U Ryu in WIP. (with a real Ken alt). Haven't open the scene in months

Next, Wii U Robin over Marth (yeah the girl version will be done too). I'll be experimenting with having a version with his book in his hand. don't know how this will look but I want to try it out)

Next, Wii U Rosalina over peach. pretty straith forward but I would like to replace Toad with Luma but not sure if it's possible since Toad is shared with all costumes. It would need to be a Dr mario case like the pill with some coding but I don't know how to do this so I won't be able to do it without help)

Next, here's Wii U Shulk in Brawlbox (over Ike)! already skinned and working. need texture work and material etc

Next, here's Dunban. going to be over Marth

Next, Palutena and Phosphora are going to be Zelda/Sheik Skins. I'll see if Palutena can keep her weapons but not sure it will work over Zelda. Phosphora will probably lose her giant scraf thing over Sheik

Next, Wii U Jigglypuff! I know there's already one done but I wanted to do it my way with my kind of texture. plus Jigglypuff is going to be an "easy break project" like Isabelle when I feel bored with bigger project since he's gonna be pretty simple compared to other stuff I've done.

Next, here's Wii U Lyn. want to make a higher res version with more details and bring her up to the quality of the rest. I'm not saying what I'm doing with it next lol

and finally, here's Wii U Zelda in Brawlbox! already skinned too. Need texture, material work etc

As you can see, I've got tons of stuff started. and I didn't even shown them all, got to keep some surprises for next time!
The work you are doing is delightful.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Hmm... about Phosphora, couldn't that scarf of hers be rigged to Sheiks hair? I mean... it'd be long, but at least it would have physics. Dunno how good it'd looks with it though. These all look to be real good though to see in the future. I have a feeling I'm particularly gonna like Lyn. :v Just a hunch.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Request for Shulk that includes MAJOR Story Spoilers. Those who are paying attention have been warned,
When you make Shulk, could you make a version of him holding the different swords he uses (Junk Sword, Monado I (The one you have), Monado II, the Replica Monados, and the True Monado? Another request would be to make a costume where Shulk is Zanza as he appears in Mechonis Core (http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Zanza.png))

Or would that be too Spoilery for you.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
man you got your work cut out for you Jaystring, try not to over work yourself man (BTW in case you cant tell its Link Tahuterasu Spirit)

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hmm... about Phosphora, couldn't that scarf of hers be rigged to Sheiks hair? I mean... it'd be long, but at least it would have physics. Dunno how good it'd looks with it though. These all look to be real good though to see in the future. I have a feeling I'm particularly gonna like Lyn. :v Just a hunch.
yes it will. I was more meaning that it won't be possible to keep it as huge. We don't see it well on the screenshot because of the perspective but that thing is like 4 characters height long. I'll have to shrink it down and make it about as long a sheik's hair. even if it's not really canon..

The Xenoblade costumes look good
They'll look way better, trust me. There's barely any texture work right now

Request for Shulk that includes MAJOR Story Spoilers. Those who are paying attention have been warned,
When you make Shulk, could you make a version of him holding the different swords he uses (Junk Sword, Monado I (The one you have), Monado II, the Replica Monados, and the True Monado? Another request would be to make a costume where Shulk is Zanza as he appears in Mechonis Core (http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Zanza.png))

Or would that be too Spoilery for you.
I'll see. depends on the amont of work it needs. I won't be making "Cloud amount of work" with Xenoblade character so if I do them, I'll likely start from Xenoblade's game data if I can get my hand on these.

I've not played Xenoblade yet, don't think I will anytime soon so I don't mind the spoilers.

man you got your work cut out for you Jaystring, try not to over work yourself man (BTW in case you cant tell its Link Tahuterasu Spirit)
nah, don't worry. I like doing these.

I just don't like when people pressure me to go faster, it's annoying and it won't happen. I like taking my time and releasing when quality is right!

and yeah I recognize you!

----------------------------

by the way, i've got another 2 small extra for Mewtwo/shadow Mewtwo stuff that's coming! It's why I haven't release it or talked about it yet

It's going to be the last 2 mewtwo thing I do before going back full time on Cloud.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
well at least you enjoy doing these projects, it just seems to me that you have so many projects going on at once that its hard to keep track of them all or find enough time to focus on them, though thats just me, you always do a good job on these projects, im always impressed how you can make them able to work on actual hardware and make them look good on it

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Wow, I'm really looking forward to Wii U Zelda, but of course all your WIPs are amazing! Are her body proportions the same as Brawl Zelda? I know that the Emblem cast have slightly different proportions so I'm just a little curious.

jaystring

Smash Ace
well at least you enjoy doing these projects, it just seems to me that you have so many projects going on at once that its hard to keep track of them all or find enough time to focus on them, though thats just me, you always do a good job on these projects, im always impressed how you can make them able to work on actual hardware and make them look good on it
I kind of like having tons of them in WIP at the same time. Sure it makes it longer to finish each one separately, but it allows me to work on something else when I'm tired of a particular mod on an evening or something. let say I don't feel like doing skinning or T-posing one night, well great, this other mod need texture, lets go do some texture. stuff like that

That's kind of why I did Tails and Mewtwo now. To take a mini break of Cloud. Once Mewtwo's done, I'll be back on Cloud full time.

Almost all of the mod I've shown up (except Zelda I think) have been started even before Cloud.

Wow, I'm really looking forward to Wii U Zelda, but of course all your WIPs are amazing! Are her body proportions the same as Brawl Zelda? I know that the Emblem cast have slightly different proportions so I'm just a little curious.
yeah Zelda was VERY similar in proportion to her Brawl model. That's why I managed really quickly to have her Skinned in Brawlbox. Haven't tried it but she probably already works in-game.

I have very special plans/idea for Zelda, I think you will like it!

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
that makes sense, though i know i wouldnt be able to take on that many projects at once (in fact im currently very limited in what i can do in brawl modding at the moment)

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
has anyone ever done a Zero skin for Roy? 'Cause his up b reminds me of x4 and seems like it would fit.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
has anyone ever done a Zero skin for Roy? 'Cause his up b reminds me of x4 and seems like it would fit.
most zero mods i see go over Link so im not sure...ok i just did a serch on brawl vault and i did find an omega zero model for marth witch could potentially work with roy (sence roy has a similar bone struchture to marth) but there's non that talk about roy particularly

jaystring

Smash Ace
most zero mods i see go over Link so im not sure...ok i just did a serch on brawl vault and i did find an omega zero model for marth witch could potentially work with roy (sence roy has a similar bone struchture to marth) but there's non that talk about roy particularly
Roy and Marth have identical squeleton. A Roy mod work as a Marth mod and the contrary (except for filesize! Roy filesize is more strict so a marth mod can crash on Roy because of filesize)

I've not decided on who I'll put Zero yet. could potentially work as a Marth/Roy skin yes I think.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Damn it!

I was progressing pretty well with Pokken Shadow Mega Mewtwo X but unfortunatly, I think I might just have hit a wall.

Most of Mewtwo's normal animation are not compatible with the model as is because his huge extruded stone gets right in his face which looks stupid

Here's what I mean :

I have 1 idea how to possibly fix this but if it doesn't work, I might unfortunatly have to skip this one after all.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Damn it!

I was progressing pretty well with Pokken Shadow Mega Mewtwo X but unfortunatly, I think I might just have hit a wall.

Most of Mewtwo's normal animation are not compatible with the model as is because his huge extruded stone gets right in his face which looks stupid

Here's what I mean :

I have 1 idea how to possibly fix this but if it doesn't work, I might unfortunatly have to skip this one after all.
take creative liberties in decreasing shoulder plating size / removing the spikes from the right shoulder. hell, even just the one in the front. im sorryjaystring, but the WIP is too damn sexy not to fight for.

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Damn it!

im not sure if you can do this but it could be posible to have a new idle animation that only trigures when this costume is used, or you couls just includes edited idal animations with the model just my thoughts on the matter...though if it has this problem for most of the moveset than that would be a bit tedeus to do

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Since the back spike seems to be fine, and the front spikes are causing the clipping, you could try shifting the front spikes more away from the head (Could shift forward, to the side, or lower it so its not as large). Other than that, good luck.

jaystring

Smash Ace
im not sure if you can do this but it could be posible to have a new idle animation that only trigures when this costume is used, or you couls just includes edited idal animations with the model just my thoughts on the matter...though if it has this problem for most of the moveset than that would be a bit tedeus to do
no it's not possible because there's too many animation that like to the idle pose

They would all need to be changed or else there's going to be animation skipping which look suuuper cheap

Since the back spike seems to be fine, and the front spikes are causing the clipping, you could try shifting the front spikes more away from the head (Could shift forward, to the side, or lower it so its not as large). Other than that, good luck.
That's a bit what I want to try. i'll rotate the hole kit of right spike toward the exterior so that the're not directly in his face. Will see how that looks

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
no it's not possible because there's too many animation that like to the idle pose

They would all need to be changed or else there's going to be animation skipping which look suuuper cheap
yea i knotest after i posted it, probably better to edit the model itself

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice

That's a bit what I want to try. i'll rotate the hole kit of right spike toward the exterior so that the're not directly in his face. Will see how that looks
All of my spiral energy is devoted to seeing this come to fruition. Godspeed.

jaystring

Smash Ace
All of my spiral energy is devoted to seeing this come to fruition. Godspeed.
haha, well, your spiritual energy did in fact manage to make me fix the first issue I had. Or well at least make it acceptable.

He still have them in his face but he no longer clip in his stones

Unfortunatly, I have another more serious issue. I can't seem to find a good rigging tricks for his feet

The original mewtwo had "cat like" legs with feet bones really high while Shadow MegaMewtwo X's feet are more like human feet. This cause big issues with the rigging of the leg

If I rig it properly to the feets and toes, I get super weird deformation of his legs and if I don't rig it at all and keep the weight on the legs,skipping the foot and toes, the feet massively clips on the ground. like this

I've been trying all sorts of stuff for 2-3 days now and I more and more believe that I might not be able to rig him over Mewtwo with an acceptable level of quality that I want.

So I might still have to skip it... OR rig him as a skin for another character that has a more human like squeleton

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
haha, well, your spiritual energy did in fact manage to make me fix the first issue I had. Or well at least make it acceptable.

He still have them in his face but he no longer clip in his stones

Unfortunatly, I have another more serious issue. I can't seem to find a good rigging tricks for his feet

The original mewtwo had "cat like" legs with feet bones really high while Shadow MegaMewtwo X's feet are more like human feet. This cause big issues with the rigging of the leg

If I rig it properly to the feets and toes, I get super weird deformation of his legs and if I don't rig it at all and keep the weight on the legs,skipping the foot and toes, the feet massively clips on the ground. like this

I've been trying all sorts of stuff for 2-3 days now and I more and more believe that I might not be able to rig him over Mewtwo with an acceptable level of quality that I want.

So I might still have to skip it... OR rig him as a skin for another character that has a more human like squeleton
Hmm... i'd definitely shelve it at worst, but i bet there's some demon sorcery that can make those piggies wiggle in HD :p he's so close to being done too. i mean if all else fails just give him like. smash 4 mewtwo feet? even default mewtwo feet?
alternatively i bet you could analyze the differences between characters with feet like, say, donkey kong or charizard who have more intricately designed foot rigging

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
definitely donkey kong in particular, looking at pokken shadow mega mewtwos bizarre feet. those are practically hands

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988

yea that does seem to be a problem, a slight twick with the way mewtwos legs are in his animations could fix this, though that can be a bit tricky, the best advice that i can say is to maybe find a way to hide it better, make it less noticeable if you can do that then i can most deffenetly be used over mewtwo...too bad ive never been able to get this far in my modeling projects, for i might of had better advice as to how to fix it. well im sure youll figure it out

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Either 1. You could try editing Mewtwo's feet so they are more catlike again, or you could try it over a more humanoid character (Ike (Make the swords the fire/ice swords used in Pokken if possible), Maybe DK (Body looks too bulky for the rest of Shadow Mewtwo), Ganondorf (Should work, not too bulky), Snake (Explosives would be weird, though), or Captain Falcon). I would recommend Ganondorf, since 1. the model should fit with the feet better, and 2. Darkness makes more sense than fire.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hmm... i'd definitely shelve it at worst, but i bet there's some demon sorcery that can make those piggies wiggle in HD :p he's so close to being done too. i mean if all else fails just give him like. smash 4 mewtwo feet? even default mewtwo feet?
alternatively i bet you could analyze the differences between characters with feet like, say, donkey kong or charizard who have more intricately designed foot rigging
hum yeah, I tried all my magic on it and I've not come to a solution where it would look acceptable.

Pretty annoying since it's the first time it happen. but I think i'll still be able to mod him over someone else.

yea that does seem to be a problem, a slight twick with the way mewtwos legs are in his animations could fix this, though that can be a bit tricky, the best advice that i can say is to maybe find a way to hide it better, make it less noticeable if you can do that then i can most deffenetly be used over mewtwo...too bad ive never been able to get this far in my modeling projects, for i might of had better advice as to how to fix it. well im sure youll figure it out
To make him work on Mewtwo, his squeleton leg's would need to be tweaked and all animations would need to be modified. It's basically making a light PSA at this point.

Either 1. You could try editing Mewtwo's feet so they are more catlike again, or you could try it over a more humanoid character (Ike (Make the swords the fire/ice swords used in Pokken if possible), Maybe DK (Body looks too bulky for the rest of Shadow Mewtwo), Ganondorf (Should work, not too bulky), Snake (Explosives would be weird, though), or Captain Falcon). I would recommend Ganondorf, since 1. the model should fit with the feet better, and 2. Darkness makes more sense than fire.
yeah Ganondorf was exactly who I was thinking for him to be rigged on finally. I think I'll put him aside for now and rig him on Ganondorf in the future. (I want do go back to Cloud, been too long now)

Top Bottom