• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
Small Cloud update today!

It's a very very early shot of Crisis Core CLoud

A lot of stuff is missing, not textured right, not finished modeled etc but I still wanted to share it to show some of the progress been made.

Also, I'm announcing a small surprise!!!

I'm going to be making an Helmet version too, which could actually be considered a new costume of a generic soldier

I think Crisis Core Cloud (helmetless) will get the updated buster sword (same as Zack) and I might give a generic sword to the helmet version (I've seen some generic sword reference in the Last Order Anime for generic soldiers. They looked like Zack's first sword but "cheaper" looking)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Looking good. Can't wait for these. Also... someone is asking me to do your all white Roy too.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh boy... welp, guess I'm gonna be busy with textures. :v

jaystring

Smash Ace
Totally different subject, today I was randomly playing around Star Fox Zero's file and managed to find the hole team model files!

Unfortunatly they are not rigged and T-posed so they are like smash U's trophies, they need to be T-posed manually which is a pain

but it would be pretty cool project to try and fit them in PM eventually!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Another good news, Thanks to RandomTalkingBush's tools, I managed to get both pokken shadow mewtwo's model too!

(textures are not mapped correctly but should be an easy fix once I take a look on how they are made)

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Totally different subject, today I was randomly playing around Star Fox Zero's file and managed to find the hole team model files!

Unfortunatly they are not rigged and T-posed so they are like smash U's trophies, they need to be T-posed manually which is a pain

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Another good news, Thanks to RandomTalkingBush's tools, I managed to get both pokken shadow mewtwo's model too!

(textures are not mapped correctly but should be an easy fix once I take a look on how they are made)
Starting to feel lightheaded from all of the developments.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman

Is there a Star Fox Zero model for Wolf lying around anywhere in the game's files, or would you recreating him be essentially a ground-up redesign based on Fox's model and his Mugshots ( http://www.spriters-resource.com/wii_u/starfoxzero/sheet/78490/ reference)?

Question to satiate my OCD: Are you going to make a version of Shadow Mewtwo that's just your Wii U model recolored with the Synergy Stone added. Also, are you going to make Virtual Paint recolors of them ( http://www.serebii.net/pokken/characters/alt/shadowmewtwo2.jpg reference)

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

Niiice

jaystring

Smash Ace
Is there a Star Fox Zero model for Wolf lying around anywhere in the game's files, or would you recreating him be essentially a ground-up redesign based on Fox's model and his Mugshots ( http://www.spriters-resource.com/wii_u/starfoxzero/sheet/78490/ reference)?

Question to satiate my OCD: Are you going to make a version of Shadow Mewtwo that's just your Wii U model recolored with the Synergy Stone added. Also, are you going to make Virtual Paint recolors of them ( http://www.serebii.net/pokken/characters/alt/shadowmewtwo2.jpg reference)
Unfortunatly, I did not find a full wolf model no. I found only a very low res version of the upper body of Wolf (or maybe James, it wasn't easy to know since it didn't have textures and was very low res) which is probably used in the small box when he's communicating. Did not find the other ones and None of the star wolf crew seemed to have an in-game model of the full body.

I found an full body general pepper model and a full body Andross model. both were T-posed which is great. but Andross has a kind of weird robe thing with cable and stuff. not sure that would translate well to an Brawl model. General Pepper would work

To be honest, I was totally impress at how much the actuall game is kind of missing models. I can't believe there's no rigged version of any of the star fox crew. That means that they are never animated in real time cutscene in the game. Only in pre-rendered CG.

it's almost a lucky shot that there's actually "trophy like" model of star fox team in the game. They could have used UI render for that and there would have been no model of the SF team in the actual game file. That would have been pretty impressive (in a negative way)

I am very likely to port both pokken mewtwo as they appear in pokken which mean i'll port the exact model of pokken's game over PM mewtwo.

since it's using the same squeletton as my smash4 mewtwo mod, they'll get the same CSP pose renders as well.

the not mega X mewtwo model looks very similar to smash4 mewtwo anyway to be honest. an edit of smash 4 mewtwo seem like a waste of time to me. I think he'll blend well with my smash 4 mewtwo. plus I'll edit the textures also as I do usually.

The model file contain both "costumes" yeah which seem like recolors to me, looking at them quickly. I'll take a look at them and if it looks like and easy job to do both recolors, i'll do them yeah. or else, I'll do only costume 1. will see!

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunatly, I did not find a full wolf model no. I found only a very low res version of the upper body of Wolf (or maybe James, it wasn't easy to know since it didn't have textures and was very low res) which is probably used in the small box when he's communicating. Did not find the other ones and None of the star wolf crew seemed to have an in-game model of the full body.
Try looking at the eyes. If one of the eyes has a patch over it, its Wolf. If it has Shades, its James.

I found an full body general pepper model and a full body Andross model. both were T-posed which is great. but Andross has a kind of weird robe thing with cable and stuff. not sure that would translate well to an Brawl model. General Pepper would work.
Is it possible to just take Andross's face and make it into an Assist Trophy over the SNES face?

To be honest, I was totally impress at how much the actuall game is kind of missing models. I can't believe there's no rigged version of any of the star fox crew. That means that they are never animated in real time cutscene in the game. Only in pre-rendered CG.

it's almost a lucky shot that there's actually "trophy like" model of star fox team in the game. They could have used UI render for that and there would have been no model of the SF team in the actual game file. That would have been pretty impressive (in a negative way)
>_> Seriously, PlatinumGames? Even if they only appear as CG, would it really be that hard to keep them in the T-Pose YOU ALREADY HAVE from making the CG scenes?

I am very likely to port both pokken mewtwo as they appear in pokken which mean i'll port the exact model of pokken's game over PM mewtwo.

since it's using the same squeletton as my smash4 mewtwo mod, they'll get the same CSP pose renders as well.

the not mega X mewtwo model looks very similar to smash4 mewtwo anyway to be honest. an edit of smash 4 mewtwo seem like a waste of time to me. I think he'll blend well with my smash 4 mewtwo. plus I'll edit the textures also as I do usually.

The model file contain both "costumes" yeah which seem like recolors to me, looking at them quickly. I'll take a look at them and if it looks like and easy job to do both recolors, i'll do them yeah. or else, I'll do only costume 1. will see!
Completely forgot about how you brawlify your work anyways. And yes, Virtual Paint refers to the P2 coloring for characters in Pokken, so Alternate Costumes.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Tbf it's smart optimization from Platinum to not include the full assets if they're not needed. It sucks for modders like us that wanna put their assets in every game ever, but for them, it makes sense

Great work as always, Jaystring. Looking forward to taking panty shots of Cloud

jaystring

Smash Ace
Try looking at the eyes. If one of the eyes has a patch over it, its Wolf. If it has Shades, its James.

Is it possible to just take Andross's face and make it into an Assist Trophy over the SNES face?

>_> Seriously, PlatinumGames? Even if they only appear as CG, would it really be that hard to keep them in the T-Pose YOU ALREADY HAVE from making the CG scenes?

Completely forgot about how you brawlify your work anyways. And yes, Virtual Paint refers to the P2 coloring for characters in Pokken, so Alternate Costumes.
pretty sure it's James then, it really look like there a glass thing on both side. but in any case, the model is pretty useless.. it's just the upper body and is reaaaally low res. would not look good in Brawl.

This could actually be said for smash4 really. All the trophies from smash 4 were characters rigged first then posed after then they got their skinning removed. would have been awesome to have them all T-posed but dev usually remove these when not needed in the final game to reduce file size on the disc the most possible.

This has an impact on loading time + more filesize for other content etc. It makes sense in the context of the game dev.

It's just impressive for Star Fox since the main cast doesn't have a rigged version in the game. I've not played the full game yet but hey I guest they don't get out of their aircrafts often lol

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
This could actually be said for smash4 really. All the trophies from smash 4 were characters rigged first then posed after then they got their skinning removed. would have been awesome to have them all T-posed but dev usually remove these when not needed in the final game to reduce file size on the disc the most possible.

This has an impact on loading time + more filesize for other content etc. It makes sense in the context of the game dev.

It's just impressive for Star Fox since the main cast doesn't have a rigged version in the game. I've not played the full game yet but hey I guest they don't get out of their aircrafts often lol
Shows just how little I know about game development. Either way, would it be Possible to get the Andross Model's face over the SNES Face as an assist Trophy? You didn't answer that from last time.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Shows just how little I know about game development. Either way, would it be Possible to get the Andross Model's face over the SNES Face as an assist Trophy? You didn't answer that from last time.
sorry, I forgot about that question.

hum I guest it might be possible yes but I've never modded assist trophies yet so I would need to check out first on how they are made.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Tbf it's smart optimization from Platinum to not include the full assets if they're not needed. It sucks for modders like us that wanna put their assets in every game ever, but for them, it makes sense

Great work as always, Jaystring. Looking forward to taking panty shots of Cloud
haha, not sure i'll bother with putting Cloud in panties, sorry!

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Don't see why you wouldn't bother dressing him with panties. It's all the way or no way.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Are you going to make a version using the Project M Mewtwo model?

jaystring

Smash Ace
Don't see why you wouldn't bother dressing him with panties. It's all the way or no way.
most ref i've seen, including the original PS1 model makes it look like Cloud is wearing his normal boots. I might be wrong but I interpreted it as he's got his normal pants/boots hidden under his robe.

Are you going to make a version using the Project M Mewtwo model?
no. I don't really like the default PM model to be honest

I was initially going to port Pokken mewtwo as is but now, seeing them one over the other with smash 4 mewtwo, I realised that they have very different proportions (especially the head, it's very small on the pokken model).

I'm questionning if I should do a smash4 edit of pokken shadow mewtwo or actually just port Pokken mewtwo as is anyway.

I like my stuff to fit together so I'm seriously thinking about starting with smash 4 mewtwo instead.

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
most ref i've seen, including the original PS1 model makes it look like Cloud is wearing his normal boots. I might be wrong but I interpreted it as he's got his normal pants/boots hidden under his robe.

no. I don't really like the default PM model to be honest

I was initially going to port Pokken mewtwo as is but now, seeing them one over the other with smash 4 mewtwo, I realised that they have very different proportions (especially the head, it's very small on the pokken model).

I'm questionning if I should do a smash4 edit of pokken shadow mewtwo or actually just port Pokken mewtwo as is anyway.

I like my stuff to fit together so I'm seriously thinking about starting with smash 4 mewtwo instead.
Might I suggest you port this over instead? http://gamebanana.com/skins/146261

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I personally think it may be wiser to just edit the Smash 4 Mewtwo model, since all you would need to edit would be the textures, adding on the crystal thing to the shoulder, and then the materials/glow for the tail.

Mega Mewtwo might be close enough, I'm not sure. No idea there lol

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
KTH messed up. The way the stone looks at some angles (coincidentally the angle used for the renders) it looks like it could be a slab (two parallel cuts a set distance from each other), which is the idea he went with. In actual gameplay however, the stone is actually a raw crystal (uncut). Since J jaystring has the actual Shadow Mewtwo model, he can copy the uncut design exactly.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Did you consider mapping Randall to Cloud's face? Or better yet, construct a 3d model replica of Randall and replace his entire head entirely?

jaystring

Smash Ace
I personally think it may be wiser to just edit the Smash 4 Mewtwo model, since all you would need to edit would be the textures, adding on the crystal thing to the shoulder, and then the materials/glow for the tail.

Mega Mewtwo might be close enough, I'm not sure. No idea there lol
Already done! I'll show it to you guy tonight!

Mega Mewtwo I might use the actual pokken model. will see

KTH messed up. The way the stone looks at some angles (coincidentally the angle used for the renders) it looks like it could be a slab (two parallel cuts a set distance from each other), which is the idea he went with. In actual gameplay however, the stone is actually a raw crystal (uncut). Since J jaystring has the actual Shadow Mewtwo model, he can copy the uncut design exactly.
yeah using the real stone looks better. plus the real model has a small part of the texture that's actually skin giving the impression that it's actually sticking out of/incrusted into mewtwo's body.

The only challenge left now is figuring out how to do a self-illuminated material in brawlbox that can have XLU transparency as well

It won't look good without it.

Did you consider mapping Randall to Cloud's face? Or better yet, construct a 3d model replica of Randall and replace his entire head entirely?
Who's Randall!?

jaystring

Smash Ace
So I guest i'm going to be releasing another exception before Cloud.

Here's my version of Smash4 Shadow Mewtwo using Pokken's model. (still in WIP, I think I will add a bit more specular to the model to mimic his pokken skin material and differenciate it from normal smash 4 mewtwo)

The tail and the Rock have a self-illumination glow (meaning they will always be bright)

The skin texture have added "scale/veins" details to mimic the pokken texture.

Since i'm back on playing with my Mewtwo, I'll be fixing the blue eye thing as well on all my models!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's blue eye and blue glow when grabbing is fixed!!

and Shadow Mewtwo will be getting purple eye and glow instead of blue!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Sooooooo good.

Since you showed interest before, would you mind doing the Shadow Mewtwo textures in line with what Theytah did with the PM model? It's based on the Shadow Pokemon from Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD, not whatever Pokken did

WildestSpade1

Smash Cadet
Quick question, why did you have Mewtwo's hurt expression have closed eyes rather than the changed pupils like smash 4?

Top Bottom