• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
www.smashbrothers.info for Kansai region tournaments

piosuma.blog.jp for Kanto tournaments

I can read some Japanese as well but having another translator won't hurt. Thanks in advance

Edit: also if you have a twitter account I recommend that you follow SHIG | 9B and @UMBRHP. They are the main TOs for Japanese tournaments and will answer any questions you may have directly.
Do you happen to know if there are any events in Fukuoka? I'm going to live there for a year and it would be awesome if I could play Smash 4 there :3.

By the way, I can also help you with translating if you ever need some help :).

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Do you happen to know if there are any events in Fukuoka? I'm going to live there for a year and it would be awesome if I could play Smash 4 there :3.

By the way, I can also help you with translating if you ever need some help :).
A SSBB Falco player called Filip often holds smashfests in Fukuoka even now. I think you should contact him on Twitter. his account : https://twitter.com/ssbbip/
I'm sure he will help you a lot cause he is good at English. He had been in America before.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double posting.

Umebura 7 3 on 3 (17 teams)
http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming

Abadango:wario: (3 stocks) Namata:wario: (3 stocks) Mikeneko:falcon: (4 stocks)
Choco:zerosuitsamus: (3 stocks) Kie:peach: (3 stocks) Earth:sheilda: (3 stocks)
Nietono:olimar: (2 stocks) Yukhoe:wario: (3 stocks) YB:samus2: (4 stocks)
Otori:metaknight: (3 stocks) Kakera:metaknight: (2 stocks) Vivi:jigglypuff: (4 stocks) .etc

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Daiki beat Mikeneko in the :falcon: mirror, lol.

EDIT: Otori/Kakera's team loses to :peach:/:zelda:; Choco doesn't even need to play. GRILL POWAH!! :love:

Last edited:

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Well mikeneko and vivi were forced to use those characters because of the rules. If two players use MetaKnight one player on the team had to use Jigglypuff according to the rules. I'd imagine Mikeneko case was that if he chose marth he would either go over the point threshhold or be forced to start with 2 stocks. I think using a weaker character with four stocks is ideal

Djent

Smash Champion
3 stocks of Pikachu for 6 points is a total steal. I'd love to see Hayase/ESAM/Z/etc. partake in something like this.

ICs seem like they'd be exceptionally bad, because you'll be facing a lot of unusual characters against which you probably don't have practice CGing. On the other hand, D3 goes up in value because the characters susceptible to his jank actually see use.

I also think 3 stocks of Snake for 6.5 is an exceptional bargain. I realize his relative value is lower since he'd rather fight ICs than Oli/Pika/Falco, but he's still really good.

I'm thinking an exceptionally strong team would be :pikachu2: (3 stock) / :snake: (3 or 2 stock) / :falco: (2 or 3 stock). You match up reasonably well against MK (probably the best you can w/o an S-tier). Snake prevents ICs from sweeping you, and Falco can handle Olimar. Pikachu is the star of the team and is a great pick vs. Falcos, Snakes, D3s, and ZSSes. I don't see this team having any crippling weaknesses, and it can easily rearrange its lineup to counterpick opposing teams.

Last edited:

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Both Unneurotic and Zans lists are slightly inaccurate. Vivi had 3 stocks for 4 points. I'll translate the table and make an accurate one when I can

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Top players that have signed themselves up for the final Sumabato X tourney:

9B, Kie, Aki, Edge, Akira, Dio, Shogun, Choco, Cross, Shu, Tige, daiki, Rakyawo, busa, Kamemushi; 220 entrants overall.

:059:

Djent

Smash Champion
This is my list of "favorites" to win (not a prediction of what the final placings will look like):
1) Edge
2) Choco
3) 9B
4) Kamemushi
5) Kie
______(gap)______
6) Daiki
7) Shogun
I can't see anyone outside of these 7 having a reasonable chance of winning the whole thing.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So if I am not mistaken, it's currently 5:30am in Japan - which mean, the tournament will start in about 5 hours? Is this correct?

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Djent

Smash Champion
High-profile 2v2 matches (will update):
WR3:
DIO/Tige vs. MOW/Tamanyaso (1-2)
Edge/Aki vs. Taiheita/Gomamugitya (2-1)

LR?:
MOW/Tamanyaso vs. DIO/Tige (0-2)

WSF:
Fuwa/Earth vs. Kamemushi/Daiki (0-2)

LSF:
Shima/Pikapika vs. Lagnel/Choco (1-2)

WF:
Edge/Aki vs. Kamemushi/Daiki (1-2)

LF:
Lagnel/Choco vs. Edge/Aki (0-2)

GF1:
Kamemushi/Daiki vs. Edge/Aki (1-2)
GF2:
Kamemushi/Daiki vs. Edge/Aki (0-2)

Results:
1) Edge/Aki :metaknight:/:metaknight:
2) Kamemushi/Daiki :wario:/:wario:
3) Lagnel/Choco :snake:/:zerosuitsamus:
4) Shima/Pikapika :metaknight:/:metaknight:
5) Fuwa/Earth :marth:/:pit:

Both he full archive and videos are now available.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
High-profile 1v1 matches (bracket available here):
WR3:
Aki vs. Fuwa (2-0)
Daiki vs. Shogun (2-1)

WR4:
Kie vs. Aki (0-2)
Earth vs. Choco (1-2)

LR6:
Cross vs. Shogun (1-2)

WR5:
DIO vs. 9B (0-2)
Daiki vs. Edge (0-2)

LR9:
DIO vs. Satan (0-2)

Results:
See @Zan-'s post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SUMABATO X FINAL RESULTS TOP 16

1. Edge :metaknight:
2. Aki :falco::metaknight:
3. Choco :zerosuitsamus:
4. Lagnel :snake:
5. 9B :popo: (forfeit)
5. Satan/Oiwa :olimar:
7. Kamemushi :wario::zerosuitsamus:
7. Daiki :sheik::metaknight::popo::diddy:
9. Kie :peach:
9. Jihanki :olimar:
9. DIO :snake:
9. Earth :pit::sheik:
13. Taiheita :lucas:
13. Akira :metaknight:
13. Tige :metaknight::diddy::falco:
13. Kuroan :snake:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimidori

Smash Apprentice
17. Pikapika
17. Shogun
17. Riin
17. Shu
17. Umeki
17. J!
17. Kandenchi
25. Uto
25. Cross
25. Tu~
25. momo
25. Fuwa
25. Harada
25. busa
25. maccho

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
I believe Twitch VODs are being deleted on the 27th. SHI-Gaming has uploaded all the most notable matches (waiting for SumabatoX singles), but there are a few matches here and there that I wouldn't like to see lost. Like that Ganon in doubles at Umebura 5 (lol). I don't know how feasible this would be since it's hours of footage, but having all the broadcasts saved for future reference would be nice to have.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Can anyone translate this doubles results list (also from 9B's Twitter feed)?

1: エッジAki 2: Daikiかめむし 3: Lagnelちょこ 4: ふわあーす 5: セイルヒデ 5: ぴかぴかしま 7: あきらくろあん 7: ディオちげ 9: あぐーりーん 9: Yutoうみうし 9: mowたまにゃそ 9: 浅羽しょーぐん

If Taiheita & Gomamugitya are not among these, then I'd be interested in trying to recreate a bracket from my matchlog (and anything else people know).

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
1. Edge Aki (beat goma and taiheita in early winners)
2. Daiki Kamemushi
3. Lagnel Choco
4. Fuwa Earth
5. Sail Hide
5. PikaPika Shima
7. Akira Kuroan
7. Dio Chige (beat goma and taiheita in losers)
9. Agu Lean
9. Yuto Umiushi
9. mow Tamanyaso
9. Asaba Shogun

Djent

Smash Champion
I think Chige = Tige (DIO's static and a decent player). For some reason I thought they were the ones to beat Tai/Gomu, yet I thought they would've played for 7th. My mental model of the bracket was ****ed, lol.

I also see that the match labeled LSF in the videos was actually LQF. Which actually helps explain where I went wrong.

Thanks for all that info.

EDIT: I think "Sail" is 9B; セイル vs. ・セイル is a miniscule difference.

EDIT 2: I also found the original bracket. Contrary to what the streamers told us, MOW/Tanmanyaso vs. DIO/Tige actually happened in WR2. Taiheita/Gomamugitya won 1 round in losers before falling to DIO/Tige, who beat MOW/Tanmanyaso in the runback the very next round. The previous champions finished 13th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom