• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Vega4

Smash Ace
Why is not this tournament stream in the top of the whole smashboard forum?? The old today live stream bar was sooo good, why in the world did they took that away? :S
I barely knew about this stream...

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Sumabato X 24 Results

http://smacom2.mysns.tv/img.php?filename=tc_408103_1_1385191824.gif&m=pc
Singles

1. 9B :iceclimber:
2. Shogun :snake: :metaknight:
3. Earth :pit:
4. Edge :metaknight:
5. Kuroan :snake:
5. Choco :zerosuitsamus:
7. Sail (unknown at this time)
7. Akira :metaknight:
9. Aki :falco: :metaknight:
9. J! :falco:
9. Raid Pokemon Trainer
9. Kie :peach:

Doubles
http://smacom2.mysns.tv/img.php?filename=tc_408114_1_1385203070.gif&m=pc
I'll just post the bracket for now since I'm not sure who won this yet. I'm guessing that top 3 there were something like

1. Kie/Choco
2. SLS/Earth
3. Edge/Aki

As mentioned earlier I got confirmation that all the top bracket matches were indeed recorded, so be sure to check www.youtube.com/westsmash in the near future.

PioSuma 8 Results (last tournament in the series)

Singles
http://smacom2.mysns.tv/img.php?filename=tc_408111_1_1385201785.gif&m=pc

1. Rain :metaknight:
2. Brood :olimar:
3. MofuMofu Daikon :iceclimbers:
4. Kamemushi :wario:
5. Nietono :diddy: :metaknight:
5. Jill :fox:
7. Arc(Luminous) :rob:
7. Kairo :olimar:
9. Root (unknown player)
9. Tofu Kun (unknown player)
9. Shima :olimar:
9. SongN :g&w:

Doubles
http://smacom2.mysns.tv/img.php?filename=tc_408112_1_1385201824.gif&m=pc

1. Rain/Kamemushi :metaknight: :wario:
2. Kairo/Mikeneko :olimar: :metaknight:
3. mow/Tamanyaso :lucario: :metaknight: (possibly might have also used his wario I'm not sure)
4. SongN/Abosu :g&w: :random:
5. Brood/Shimitake :olimar: :pikachu:

Thats all the results for the tournaments yesterday. Today there is small tournament in Kyoto that Shogun, Cross, and Earth are attending. I'll get the results for that later on today. I don't think there are plans for a stream.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Egde is an MK player who has been doing pretty well for about a year now.
9B didn't lose to anybody yet. I don't know anything about his practicing.
Kakera attends from time to time.
Rain will not host any more tournaments - this will be the final piosuma - but I haven't heard about him quitting.
3 Japanese players are confirmed for Apex right now, Shogun being the most notable.
Masha quit.
Otori got 4th at the last piosuma IIRC, Nietono 5th? I don't remember right now. He's using MK mainly but sometimes Olimar.
Mikeneko just doesn't attend too much at the moment but he still plays.

:059:
ty ty ty

D

Deleted member

tofu kun is tige thats what they said on stream i believe unless im mistaken

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Its late but heres the results from the tournament in Kyoto. The bracket isn't online because it was done by hand, but there weren't too many people there. The only other noteable players outside of the top 4 were Shimitake and Aki. The only event for Brawl was singles. http://prntscr.com/26jfpw

D

Deleted member 189823

Do you have videos of a Japanese Ike? As in, rather recent ones (this year, at least).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kamemushi is uploading videos from a Kansai Round Robin tournament. The videos so far feature 9B, Aki, Edge and Shogun - the latter playing very much on point. His practice for Apex is definitely fruitful! You can count on him doing well :3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He's always been a contender for that title ever since Shu stopped being amazing, basically starting in early 2011. It's just that Dio has been more consistent and Hazureimu has had more "potential". But Shogun has wins against Rain and 9B and he has a winning record against Mikeneko.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna say from experience of playing both Hazureimu was the most impressive to me. And he's way younger too so he has a lot of potential to get better, like Gheb said. Regardless I'm excited to see Shogun's results from training on the APEX world stage.

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
I have a question, would the Japanese community be considered to be better than the American one? Would Japan be considered to be the best region in the world?

I come from the competitive Mario Kart community where Japan was always extremely dominant, and always had the best players. I was wondering if the same applied to Smash

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Kansai Round Robin
1:9B (losing to Shogun and Kie)
2:Edge (losing to 9B and Shogun)
3:Selcia (losing to 9B and Edge)
4:Shogun (losing to Selcia Kie and Aki)
5:Aki (losing to 9B Edge and Selcia)
6:Kie (losing to Edge Selcia Aki and Lagnel)
7:Shimitake
8:Lagnel

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Thanks for posting that. I already wondered where the results were.

But there's a mistake. It says that Shogun lost to Kie and that Kie lost to Shogun.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The only problem is that for each time he beats 9B he loses the next 3 times x_x

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
By the way, is there a video of Kie beating Otori? I heard he did beat him maybe a month or so in tourney.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
By the way, is there a video of Kie beating Otori? I heard he did beat him maybe a month or so in tourney.
Yes, Kie did beat Otori 2-0.

It was supposed to be recorded and uploaded to youtube, as well as the video of Luminous beating Rain, but they made a mistake according to Ayuha. Kie also beat another metaknight to make the top 3. He played this metaknight again in losers finals, and it went to last stock last hit; however, I think Kie misspaced his dair and got shuttle looped so he lost.

Top Bottom