• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Developers' New Year Resolutions: Sakurai Offers His!

Immortal

Smash Cadet
Everyone is giving paragraphs and walls of text.
Like Hino:
Key phrase: Interpersonal connections

Resolution: At present, it is impossible to develop an online game or smartphone game without considering other players. I believe that taking into account interpersonal connectivity when developing games will become even more important in the future. For 2014, I'd like to start by moving forward with smartphone games. I'm determined to succeed. I believe that this is just as important now as it was when Level-5 first became a publisher. I want try new things and strive ahead, like when I first started out.
Or Kamiya:
Key phrase: Have fun making games

Resolution: There's a lot I hold dear in making games, but I think for developers, having fun is most important. The atmosphere of the workplace shows clearly in a game's quality, so I want to treasure a team atmosphere where each member can have fun developing games. Also, 2014 will be the year where a new project will fully be set in motion. I want to boldly and happily walk that path without fear of failure.
Nomura, setting the bar high as always:
Key phrase: Constancy

Resolution: My surroundings have been constantly changing, but I don't have any special expectations for myself in 2014. I do have some new ideas, but I plan to strive to meet fans' expectations as always.
But Sakurai?
Key phrase: Completion

Resolution: I resolve to complete development on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U and release it in 2014.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai made me laugh with how different his resolution was. Sakurai's dedication is really something.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't know why, but I'm seeing Sakurai just walking up to the interviewer with sunglasses akin to Kamina's and a battered cape and saying that, then he slowly walks away while looking away from an explosion.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Make me appreciate him even more. His dedication is really inspiring!

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
Short, sweet, and to the point. I can't wait for the game to come out in 2014!

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I'm still expecting at least one delay, but if he actually does manage to finish it by 2014, then great!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
does this statement make you think it come out in q4 :(

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Don't know why, but I'm seeing Sakurai just walking up to the interviewer with sunglasses akin to Kamina's and a battered cape and saying that, then he slowly walks away while looking away from an explosion.
The explosion ruins the moment. I think a long, quiet, autumn wind would be the perfect background for Sakurai to walk away from. With a close-up on everyone's face as the squint in the stoic, yet majestic breeze.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Sweet, I expect no delays this time. I know that hard working guy will give us a great smash to play.

I'm more interested in the Kamiya one, Pls be starfox (no I did not bother him on twitter about it if your wondering)

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Sakurai's the best! lol Now that's a good New Year resolution.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Considering how hard the game is to make, that's one hell of a new year's resolution.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What I like about Sakurai is he is very determined to make a good product. His resolution is one of commitments which shows how much he cares about his craft.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

That's going to be a lot of weight off the backs of the people on concerned on release date thread. I love the fact it's now guaranteed smash 4 in 2014 (or should I say tomorrow threw to the next December 31st)

D

Deleted member

I like how committed he is to this game, especially one that is hard to make.

Also, it's short, simple, and straight to the point.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Smash is literally the only thing on this guys mind and it makes my dingleberries tingle with joy.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sakurai's dedication is something I admire, but the way Sakurai has to make a resolution to finish Smash Bros in 2014 makes me worried it'll be a Q4 release. I'm still going with my optimistic Summer release though.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
th
The way Sakurai has to make a resolution to finish Smash Bros in 2014 makes me worried it'll be a Q4 release. I'm still going with my optimistic Summer release though.
that's what I am worried about, why make a revoultion to finish in 2014 if it's obv you will

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe this is Sakurai's own "Race to the Finish".

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Keep fighting the good fight Kamiya. I'm really interesting in what Platinum's new project is going to be. Hopefully Kamiya's team can get the green light to make the next Star Fox game and try to get the series back on track.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The explosion ruins the moment. I think a long, quiet, autumn wind would be the perfect background for Sakurai to walk away from. With a close-up on everyone's face as the squint in the stoic, yet majestic breeze.
What the hell is wrong with you people?

Jesus.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, even me being the asshole that I am, not even I can hate him after that statement. XD

Consider me officially pleased and impressed. Go for it, Sakurai. I wanna see if he can make this happen. ¦)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"Happy New Years! What are your Resolutions Sakurai?"

"To do my job as planned."

I suppose it's our fault for thinking Sakurai would care about such trivial things like holidays, the use of his hand, or just his general health. Not when there's Smash to be made. ;)

Nintendo's probably forcing this break on him too. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Does it not? He's probably saying this because of Brawl's delays, not because of any doubts that it will be released in 2014. I have faith in him.
I wouldn't necessarily make my New Year's resolution to complete my job. That sounds similar to making my New Year's resolution to breath, it falls under a pre-existing duty, so it doesn't really inspire confidence that he has to reaffirm that it will be done with something traditionally used as a way to motivate yourself through a goal. That appears to be my concern alone. More of us should be like Sakurai, we really aren't obligated to do what we are contracted to do, a resolution would surely help us for the better. :awesome:

I am just butt-hurt because I predicted a Spring release.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I think he just wants it over with. Summer/Fall fits too well with Ninty celebrations, so I expect it then. If I see it anytime before May, I'm going to be impressed.

Top Bottom