• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Japanese DEMO What do you want to see?

Jtails

Smash Lord
Hey guys,
SO MUCH EXCITEMENT. I now have my hands on the Japanese 3DS demo.

Please post below what you'd like to see or for me to test out, given my limitations in the amount of characters I can use!

www.youtube.com/shadowstar120

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Could you do a video showing Villager's moveset?

I JUST WANT TO SEE IT

Oh, also Pikachu. I want to see how much damage/knockback Pikachu's Up Smash does.

PLEASE

Khao

Smash Lord
I guess there's nothing to look for as far as content goes, so you could try finding out some cool combos and stuff. Like, what moves connect well into others and whatnot.

Last edited:

Jtails

Smash Lord
gotcha guys, I'll do villager first thing! then pikachu!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Record the entirety of the tutorial song (one of the few available songs in this demo lol). It's a soft remix of the main theme.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I WANT TO SEE VILLAGER'S POCKET ON PIKACHU'S THUNDER, THUNDER JOLT AND ON MARIO'S FLUDD IF POSSIBLE!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I WANT TO SEE VILLAGER'S POCKET ON PIKACHU'S THUNDER, THUNDER JOLT AND ON MARIO'S FLUDD IF POSSIBLE!
HE POCKETED MY THUNDER!!! I'm battling Lv 9 CPUs and when I got to Villager vs. Pikachu, I used Thunder and as it was about to hit him, he pocketed it from the side! He never got a chance to use it because I KO'd him. I think I saw him grab a Thunder Jolt too.

edit: Also, my first AT was Ghirahim, so I guess you'd be happy.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Report any and all Pikachu information!!!! <3
Pikachu's three victory poses are:

1. E3 one (Spin then smile)
2. Sleeping
3. Twitches his ears and waddles towards the screen (like he's walking through grass)... it's so cute!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
HE POCKETED MY THUNDER!!! I'm battling Lv 9 CPUs and when I got to Villager vs. Pikachu, I used Thunder and as it was about to hit him, he pocketed it from the side! He never got a chance to use it because I KO'd him. I think I saw him grab a Thunder Jolt too.

edit: Also, my first AT was Ghirahim, so I guess you'd be happy.
whoa try to do it to a CPU now!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Find out if there are any combos!
I'm not too good at combos myself, but I definitely landed a good three hit one earlier... I'll play as him some more to see if I can get it.

Speaking of getting it, I finally landed Link's Meteor Smash for a five seconds left win after about 15 failures. It felt so good!

Edit: Minor, but amazing- it saves your last alt costume. I just went back to Villager and he still was yellow.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
General mechanics:
  • Ledge trumping. When a character is holding to the ledge, another character can steal it from them. Are there any conditions under which the first character is immune to this mechanic?
  • Edge regrabbing. Apparently after dropping from the ledge, there is a brief period where you cannot regrab the ledge. Can you confirm this?
  • Regrab immunity. After a grab, there is a brief period where you cannot regrab them. Again, confirmation and possibly determine if throw > small jab combo or similar > regrab is a thing or not.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
xD That is awesome! post it asap please!!!
I made a YouTube account JUST FOR THIS! It's "Processing" now...

Pardon the quality- I was holding the phone in place with my neck and taking the video...

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Requests? I could go for about an hour or so.

Edit: Remember my awful setup, so I've got to try to plan things carefully.

Last edited:

Jtails

Smash Lord
I feel you on the quality haha it's so hard to stabalize your phone/camera while playing!

Levy22

Smash Cadet
Can somebody help me downloading it?? Can't find the right place...

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Can somebody help me downloading it?? Can't find the right place...
Click on the Smash Bros section, then click on the one that has the price. That'll take you to a menu with three options. One of them is a game with waves coming from it- that's the demo.

Do you guys want to see victory screens?

edit: I Pocketed a bit of the FLUDD, but it seemed to only Pocket a small burst of water... The video is awful, but I'll try to get something better. Do you think Lv. 9 or Lv. 1 CPUs will be more likely to use it?

Last edited:

Levy22

Smash Cadet
Click on the Smash Bros section, then click on the one that has the price. That'll take you to a menu with three options. One of them is a game with waves coming from it- that's the demo.

Do you guys want to see victory screens?
Thanks!! Finally downloading it :)

Jtails

Smash Lord
No prob! I don't know Japanese so I had to register a NNID for the 3DS... that was brutal!

What's your setup for recording? That looks much better than my awful one.
LOOL I asked my mom to hold it for me xD

The other one's I held with my knee.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hey I noticed you were using the OG 3DS how do characters look on the system? Can you see them clearly?
The look excellent. It looks excellent. I've always had faith in the 3DS version, so I didn't expect much less. However, they exceed my expectations. Everyone is so clear and visible- the outlines help too. The only quirk I have is that when some large scale moves activate (Andross, Color TV Game 15), the characters do become a bit small. However, I wouldn't let that discourage you- it still looks great.

I am looking forward to playing the English version on my XL when it comes out and I was worried that the OG 3DS would be underwhelming. It looks like I was wrong- it's playing and looking great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom