• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

infine

Smash Rookie
I'm staying in Kyoto until early august. don't have a wii u, but i do have a 2ds, if anyone wants to play, lemme know!

warturtle16

Smash Rookie
NNID
Warturtle16
3DS FC
5172-1225-5050
I will be staying in Tokyo next Friday until the end of the month. Anyone know of any tournaments?

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Anyone in Ishigaki, Okinawa or mainland Okinawa?
I'm basically the liaison between the Japanese and American melee players atm. (The American melee players being just me <_<)

You got me in Ginowan and you got the two best Japanese guys in Shuri, Naha.

Emg3

Smash Cadet
Moving to Tokyo in August! Once I'm settled I would really like to join the melee scene. Anyone have any links to upcoming tournaments?

nightSN

Smash Ace
Hey there I'm going to be in Tokyo until Aug 2nd! I was wondering if there are any smash 4 fests or something going on. I know I'm going to be missing Umebura :/

Oh I also have a WiiU with me

Last edited:
Hey guys, dont know if you know but there is going to be a Japanese melee national/regional in tokyo on the 9th of august. The more the merrier so sign up if you wanna come! Amsa, shippu and more will be there so itd be good to test yourself against japans best!

http://battlegateway.wix.com/official#!8thtaikai/c1m5b

sign up document is the link on the bottom, & you only have to fill in the first two questions which are:
1 Handle and
2 email address

Hope to see you there!

Butterscotch

Smash Rookie
I'm basically the liaison between the Japanese and American melee players atm. (The American melee players being just me <_<)

You got me in Ginowan and you got the two best Japanese guys in Shuri, Naha.
whats the best way to contact ya'll? I'll be in mainland Okinawa for a few days in sept. Do ya'll also play netplay? The homies in the states don't want to play on 100+ ping. 悲しい少年

Baky

Smash Journeyman
whats the best way to contact ya'll? I'll be in mainland Okinawa for a few days in sept. Do ya'll also play netplay? The homies in the states don't want to play on 100+ ping. 悲しい少年
The way we were communicating previously was twitter. I'm sure they'll want to play. Are you pretty good? First time I played with them I got bodied for like 5 hours winning less than half. (I consider myself pretty good but I had a 3 month break due to moving, etc)

Butterscotch

Smash Rookie
The way we were communicating previously was twitter. I'm sure they'll want to play. Are you pretty good? First time I played with them I got bodied for like 5 hours winning less than half. (I consider myself pretty good but I had a 3 month break due to moving, etc)
Ive been playing melee for a little over a year now. I havent played a human for three months now. However, i still grind tech with what little time I have left, because of work and what not.

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna play online Smash Wii U? I have Facebook, Skype, Line etc.

I'm also up for offline. I live in Fukuoka.

Yo I'm gonna be living in Kyushu this coming Fall! I'm gonna be in Beppu but I'll try to come out to those Shulla-Bras that happen every so often!

iLord

Smash Rookie
Anyone in Osaka? I'll be there for almost a year starting this September. Down for melee/PM.

theotheo

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any solid information about the upcoming Tokyo tournament in September? I heard rumors about a silver week tournament going down. Thanks in advance!

Prussicc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Prussicc
Figured this thread would be the place to ask, I'm currently living about 20 mins away from Osaka (I've been in Japan for around a month), and I'm keen to get into any smash communities that might be based around there (Smash 4, I started playing/learning a little melee before I left for Japan, and I'm keen to keep that up too).
My skill is average at best, I attended Sumabura4 last week and got absolutely destroyed, and I loved it. Really keen to learn and improve from the Japanese scene.
If anyone knows of any regular tournies or friendly gatherings in the area and can give me info on them I'd love it. I still haven't bought a monitor so I haven't played for around a month and I'm itching for some games.

Pikkususi

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I'm moving to Fukuoka at the beginning of September and I'll stay there for 12 months at least. I'm mostly interested in Melee. Does anybody know about players (Japanese or not) in Fukuoka? If there is somebody else moving there, I think that sharing apartment with a smasher would be awesome :p

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Hi!

I'm moving to Fukuoka at the beginning of September and I'll stay there for 12 months at least. I'm mostly interested in Melee. Does anybody know about players (Japanese or not) in Fukuoka? If there is somebody else moving there, I think that sharing apartment with a smasher would be awesome :p
Yo dude! I am gonna be living in Beppu for school which is two hours away by bus T_T. But there is a tournament in Fukuoka this September called Shulla-Bra III ! Most Japanese Smashers communicate through Twitter: https://twitter.com/kyudaissbm this is who you will want to talk to in order to get signed up! I don't think I can make this one because of school but I will most likely be coming out to the next Fukuoka event!

Pikkususi

Smash Rookie
Yo, to you guys looking into Beppu -- I'm an international student studying there, and I've gotten in touch with some of the local Smashers over at Oita Daigaku. There's about 5 or 6 serious Melee players, or so they say.

Not much of a scene, but better than nothing.
Yo dude! I am gonna be living in Beppu for school which is two hours away by bus T_T. But there is a tournament in Fukuoka this September called Shulla-Bra III ! Most Japanese Smashers communicate through Twitter: https://twitter.com/kyudaissbm this is who you will want to talk to in order to get signed up! I don't think I can make this one because of school but I will most likely be coming out to the next Fukuoka event!
Hey! It's awesome that there's gonna be this tourney in September, I'm so hyped already :D Although I'm not sure whether there's Melee or not, but I guess I'll find it out. Man you should come if you can! Into what smash are you more? Add me in FB if you want (Marc Pikkususi Ilmarinen)

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Hey! It's awesome that there's gonna be this tourney in September, I'm so hyped already :D Although I'm not sure whether there's Melee or not, but I guess I'll find it out. Man you should come if you can! Into what smash are you more? Add me in FB if you want (Marc Pikkususi Ilmarinen)
The one in Fukuoka will be a Melee and Project M tournament. Personally I am more into Melee but I dabble with the other games~~ Also I sent you a friend request on Facebook (Mikey Richards)

Heavenraven

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heavenraven
Hey! A Smash 4 player here from Finland looking for players near Tokyo. I'll be living in Sakado (~1h from Tokyo) for the next 11 months. If anyone here knows something about the local scene or just wants to play some matches offline/online, let me know!

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
I am now living in Beppu, Oita (APU student)! Pretty aware of the scene here and Fukuoka so I can't wait to meet everyone~

Zearu

Smash Rookie
Im going to visit my family in kobe tomorrow for 1 month, if there are any smashers in kansai region hit me up. Mostly Sm4sh but melee is also ok, also are there any other tournaments from 21.sept - 12.oct since i might miss umebura.
Thanks in advance!

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Hey people, I'll be visiting Japan next year and I'll be in Tokyo for quite a while: around March 5th to 12th.

Any way to know if there's gonna be any tourneys in the area in advance? Thanks!

Baky

Smash Journeyman
...Still in Okinawa, still looking for people to play.
Why does no one message me... :(

What game do you play? I can point you in the right direction.

Oh and are you military or affiliated with the bases? Theres both an english and Japanese Smash 4 community... Melee is a lot smaller here

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Why does no one message me... :(

What game do you play? I can point you in the right direction.

Oh and are you military or affiliated with the bases? Theres both an english and Japanese Smash 4 community... Melee is a lot smaller here
I play smash 4, Brawl and Melee. I don't think I could go back to Brawl though even though I loved it. I am military and I'm stationed at Kadena afb. I would be very grateful if you did that.

Last edited:

ConCeal12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mimic19
Tristan we are beginning to develop a smash community here in Okinawa. Currently the main game is Smash 4 but we are trying to round everyone under one flag because I'm finding more and more players who play melee, PM and the likes if you're interested. Once we build the player base for those we can start some good set ups and work up from there.

We have a fb page here, feel free to jump right in!:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashOkinawa/

Crabbin

Smash Rookie
Currently Living in Oita City for college exchange for one year. I mostly play Wii U now, but I have 64/Melee as well. Didn't bother bringing Brawl though. If anyone is close to that area. I can also write and speak a bit of Japanese(not fluent, but enough to explain things, for now), if that helps any.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan we are beginning to develop a smash community here in Okinawa. Currently the main game is Smash 4 but we are trying to round everyone under one flag because I'm finding more and more players who play melee, PM and the likes if you're interested. Once we build the player base for those we can start some good set ups and work up from there.

We have a fb page here, feel free to jump right in!:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashOkinawa/
haha, this is why I kept my crt tv. Thank you, this will help motivate me to practice seriously again.

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Currently Living in Oita City for college exchange for one year. I mostly play Wii U now, but I have 64/Melee as well. Didn't bother bringing Brawl though. If anyone is close to that area. I can also write and speak a bit of Japanese(not fluent, but enough to explain things, for now), if that helps any.
ohhhh **** I live in Beppu! Oita University has their own Smash club, I mostly play melee so I don't know much about the Smash4 scene :/

Crabbin

Smash Rookie
ohhhh **** I live in Beppu! Oita University has their own Smash club, I mostly play melee so I don't know much about the Smash4 scene :/
I play Melee a bit, but my hands always tend to cramp up from it. Many of my commonly used characters are also not in Melee. Bu in any case, I've heard that sometimes Oita students travel to Beppu for smash, so maybe I'll tag along with them if they ever go.

Top Bottom