• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://chubudx.chu.jp/&edit-text=&act=url

Allegedly there's a smash bros Melee tournament coming up in Nagoya. They are hoping to have it in March, but it's nothing official yet. Just thought you guys should know!

Oh and occasionally there's some 3DS / Wii U Smash tournaments in Nagoya with: http://karisuma.nagoya/result/276/

Of course they're all full up for the upcoming tourney in February though. If only they would allow more than 46 people. -.-;

Last edited:

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
Is there much of a scene around Beppu? I might be going to school there next year and would also like to play some smash~!~!
Things look grim in terms of Beppu from a quick google search of: "別府 スマブラ トーナメント"

That being said, the only well known Smash scene in terms of Japan is in Tokyo as far as I've seen. I just posted some info on some stuff in Nagoya, but it isn't very consistent. You could attempt to build a scene yourself, but if your Japanese is as poor as mine you might find yourself making online tournaments instead.

Mister Newb

Smash Rookie
Yo, to you guys looking into Beppu -- I'm an international student studying there, and I've gotten in touch with some of the local Smashers over at Oita Daigaku. There's about 5 or 6 serious Melee players, or so they say.

Not much of a scene, but better than nothing.

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Yo, to you guys looking into Beppu -- I'm an international student studying there, and I've gotten in touch with some of the local Smashers over at Oita Daigaku. There's about 5 or 6 serious Melee players, or so they say.

Not much of a scene, but better than nothing.
Awesome! Yeah I'm going to be an International student there next year (APU) I'm glad that there is a scene~~

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
Yo でござる! 空からの力 ie. Sochara here. I'll be studying at Sophia University on the west side of Tokyo-to starting Next month. I was wondering if there are any weeklies in Tokyo since it seems as if most of what's posted here is about irregularly scheduled mass-tournamentsでござる. I'd imagine with the population difference and my being from LA (Sm4shing-est region in the world) there might be more space between events but that's just an inferenceでござる. If anyone wants to set up Smashfests to play オフ, I'd be down to bring my Rockman でござる.

Here's a clip of me. http://youtu.be/VfseRCrvgv4

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
Yo でござる! 空からの力 ie. Sochara here. I'll be studying at Sophia University on the west side of Tokyo-to starting Next month. I was wondering if there are any weeklies in Tokyo since it seems as if most of what's posted here is about irregularly scheduled mass-tournamentsでござる. I'd imagine with the population difference and my being from LA (Sm4shing-est region in the world) there might be more space between events but that's just an inferenceでござる. If anyone wants to set up Smashfests to play オフ, I'd be down to bring my Rockman でござる.

Here's a clip of me. http://youtu.be/VfseRCrvgv4
As far as weeklies in Tokyo go: You're right that it's scattered. Umebura seems to only have monthlies. I think there's another tournament for melee, but I haven't seen anything of it. Okameed suggested contacting known Japanese players on Twitter. If you look back a few pages you'll see he was quite successful. I've only met like 2 guys in Japan from this board and we only played online Smash 4 due to distance. IMHO your ability to play against real people in Japan will depend on your motivation to try and meet real people and that will depend on your ability to speak Japanese.

Oh and...

The clip was okay. I like the music, I like the editing to showcase the best moment, but your opponent practically sandbagged by walking towards you or dropping down in front of you. It would have been much cooler if you had to try to keep away, make more reads or just trick your opponent into doing scrubby stuff. You got a nice read with the uppercut tho'!

ConCeal12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mimic19
Smash 4 player looking for peeps for online matches! Currently live in Okinawa. Hit me up!

ID: Mimic19

ProudDisciple

Smash Rookie
Smash 4 player looking for peeps for online matches! Currently live in Okinawa. Hit me up!

ID: Mimic19
Hey I just arrived to Okinawa and will be here until the first week of April. Are you interested in trying to meet up? I don't have any of my equipment with me but would be interested in playing if you are available.

aig1s

Smash Rookie
I live in Tokyo and would love to play SSBM with someone, I don't know how to get in touch with the japanese scene so any help would be much appreciated. Ichigo, do you know when and where Umebura is? Thanks

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
http://piosuma.blog.jp/archives/23137531.html

That's the site for Umebura. Below all the text at the top you can click the top two links to check out the registration pages. The top one is the main registration. The second one is for people who can bring a Wii U.

Unfortunately both are full at the moment. If you didn't register on the 24th of February 12:00 PM JST, you probably won't be able to go.

Their Twitter page is:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UMBRHP/tweets

I highly recommend getting a Twitter like Okaameed suggested awhile back. You can better follow when the next Umebura is coming and what not.

As for where:

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place...!1s0x601889520a5d69ef:0xe6ef2b5af497cb6?hl=en

I think that's it in Googlemaps, but you better double check. The page they posted on Twitter looks similar.

http://www.mensyou.co.jp/map.htm

Best of luck man! I'm planning on going so hopefully I'll see you there. I'll be the dumb-ace American in a Charizard Laplander Hat.

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
So while intensifying my study before leaving (I'll be in Tokyo next Wednesday), I've begun tying to incorporate smash language into my Japanese vocabulary. It's not the sort of thing you can look up on jisho because it's very niche, sub-culture specific language. I've found a few decent lists of generic fighting game terms but could anyone enlighten me as to more smash specific language?

(Here are the lists referenced above. Some of the info is unnecessary for smash.)

http://mizuumi.net/2012/03/17/glossary-of-japanese-fighting-game-terminology/

http://inazumadunkshoot.com/blog/japanese-fighting-game-terminology/

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/1587706/1/

I live in Tokyo and would love to play SSBM with someone, I don't know how to get in touch with the japanese scene so any help would be much appreciated. Ichigo, do you know when and where Umebura is? Thanks
hey dude theres a few of us around tachikawa/kodaira that play melee every so often. planning to meet up for a fest mid april?

warturtle16

Smash Rookie
NNID
Warturtle16
3DS FC
5172-1225-5050
Anyone knows what is good in the Kagawa area? Preferably in Takamatsu city.

aig1s

Smash Rookie
hey dude theres a few of us around tachikawa/kodaira that play melee every so often. planning to meet up for a fest mid april?
That's super nice to hear! I live in Kichijoji so it's fairly close to Tachikawa! Hit me up, i'll be there :)

Edit: I have spring vacation this week so if you guys are playing this week i'll happily join!

Last edited:

Spideymv

Smash Rookie
Any military members or students in Tokyo play Smash? I'm moving there in June and going to be living in Fussa on the Air Force Base and would love to find some people who play. I play PM and Sm4sh

Suyon

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I will be studying abroad in Kobe for about 4 weeks starting in May 7th. I play Smash 4 and somewhat melee and PM. Any kind of info I can get on how to meet players, go to smashfests, go to tournaments would be appreciated.
I'll be staying at Kaikan or like Kobe Shoin University.

koreebay

Smash Rookie
Hi all! I will be visiting Japan from May 11 to May 22 and would love to play melee during my stay. I am a fairly average/above average player from northern California. I will be staying in Yokohama and Tokyo, and I know enough Japanese to hold a basic conversation. I will be bringing my controller but no TV/setup. Feel free to reply/PM if any of you guys can arrange times/places to meet and/or if you have any information regarding how to meet/contact with people who regularly play around this area.

Hi Im in tokyo and have Melee. Have a friend visiting during may but he should be travelling at some point so if youre up for it we can play. otherwise, we may be able to go to play with a couple others in fussa airbase (also in tokyo) if their work schedule fits in too. HMU if interested

aig1s

Smash Rookie
Let's play Melee this month together! I wasn't able to join last time but I really really want to play Melee these days! If you guys are playing feel free to invite me too :)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Will be in Okinawa in July! I currently run the melee scene in South Korea! Hope there are some melee players in Okinawa. I'll bring my controller.

Spideymv

Smash Rookie
Anybody in the Tokyo area want to set some kind of Smash Fest up one of these days. Let the get the scene rolling over here.

The scene is definitely here. Every week there is a smashfest run by japanese smashers in different parts of tokyo & tournaments every couple months If you're looking for english speaking run smashfests, i ran one pretty successfully with about 8 people last weekend and am planning to do another not next weekend but the week after (travelling). I'll post again closer to the time. In the meantime check twitter for #スマブラDX_オフ会 to see local smashfests.

If you are in Fussa as well there are about 3/4 smashers there that are really friendly and play often i can put them in touch with you. They also came to my smashfest

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Will be in Okinawa in July! I currently run the melee scene in South Korea! Hope there are some melee players in Okinawa. I'll bring my controller.
Okinawa is currently me, (an American), and Okinawa's two best players who I play with every few weeks.

I am running a melee smash fest at my dorm in kodaira, tokyo this saturday (13th) so anyone interested hit me up. Along with the regular few americans There will be a couple strong japanese guys coming so if you want some experience with them feel free to hit me up and come along!

Top Bottom