• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [January 03, 2016] Smash at MacNarb! (Gautier, Mississippi)

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman

Brand new monthlies for the Mississippi gulf coast! Hosted by Me, CYZS, and Shaq

Venue fee: $5
MacNarb Gaming
2307 Hwy 90
Gautier, MS 39553

Note: For whatever reason whenever I typed this address into maps it went to a location a couple of blocks away. This venue is in a small mall outlet directly behind a Exxon gas station and directly across from a Pizza Hut. The sign for the building is the green dragon above, if you have problems finding it, call me at 228-217-5794

Melee/PM Singles - $5 to enter. Standard Apex 2014 ruleset for both games.

The venue will open at 12 PM, and we will be starting to tournament around 1 PM

Signups will begin at 12 PM

PM singles will begin at 1:00 PM

Melee doubles will start at 2:30-3:00 PM

Melee/Smash 4 singles will start at 4:30 - 5:00 PM.

*Times are estimates, all of them are subject to change especially with the latest Project M controversy. We may not even have Project M altogether because of this

You guys know the drill, if you have any questions about the tournament just ask me or one of the TOs.

BRING SET-UPS!
This is the most important thing right now, the venue stays open really late but I want everyone to be out of there as soon as possible.
We have a big open room that can fit ~100 people comfortably, they have cheap food at the venue and there are several fast food places within walking distance. This venue (and the owners) are really great so don't miss out!

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
No clue. We had a tourney at the same venue a week ago and only 10 people showed up, but there was absolutely no advertising besides word of mouth. I'm pretty sure we could at least a get around ~25 people but I don't want to give you a false estimate

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i'll talk to my buddy about it; but chances are i won't be making this one so soon. then again it is right after my payday so who knows..

wait i just noticed the 9th is a friday; so that's a no go for me...

weekends about the only time i'd be able to get a ride down there..

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Tope is apparently stationed a couple hours away and he plans on making this, so if you want to get some good player experience, come to this!!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I'll do my best to make it out to this, time to bring some sheik to the south.

Edit: In your original post at the top it says the venue opens at 3PM and right below that it says PM starts at 1.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
yeah I will change that now. originally we had it planned for a different day and they opened up later than noon. i'll fix that

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Hoping to come to these soon. Assuming there are no Bowser players in the area, I'll try to make it as hype as I can.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
are you coming to this met?

also update guys, Ginger Jesus is going to run a smash 4 bracket! If anyone wants to come and play smash 4 PLEASE BRING WII U SETUPS!

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I can bring a Wii U + Sm4sh disc and a Wii U Adapter for the tourney tomorrow.

I won't be able to bring a TV though.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a few peeps suggested it to me so I might as well. did you ever find any of your cables? There was a set of Wii A/V cables. I think Ryker or Met have them

Clexx

Smash Rookie
if anyone sees the results thread could we possibly get a link in here ?

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
No, there were only 6 teams last time. And since the tournament ran late last time I'm gonna cut corners to make sure the tournament ends a little earlier next time.

In lieu of pm doubles I might try to run a crew battle next time

Top Bottom