• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Whoa whoa whao

Just because of the situation, don't quit. I was the same about Smash 4 as it dampened my expectations of it, but thats no reason to quit smash as a whole. Maybe take a hiatus? I did that for a month or so and now I'm feeling fresh again.
After sleeping on it, I think you're probably right, maybe a hiatus is what I need.
Well, I've had my hiatus... went on longer than i expected, now that i'm back, i'm realizing my timing kinda sucks... rip PM :(

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hey I quit for a while. Went and played Rivals of Aether alot though. So I guess I didn't totally get rusty? It'll be harder to find tournies but who cares if the development stopped

Like the same still exists lol I'm just sad i cant have hope for muh grab range

Gingerham

Smash Rookie
Ganon's grab, definitely my biggest regret :(

Guess I'll just have to learn to chaingrab without feeling bad about it. Anyone going to Forte 3 this month? I'd love to get some Ganon dittos in with someone.

Last edited:

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Hey I quit for a while. Went and played Rivals of Aether alot though. So I guess I didn't totally get rusty? It'll be harder to find tournies but who cares if the development stopped

Like the same still exists lol I'm just sad i cant have hope for muh grab range
I mostly played Mortal Kombat X, gotta get that brotality!

Also warmed up to Sm4sh a bit. I think it comes down to taking it less competitively, as a game for fun, i'm enjoying it so much more.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
so I've also been on a PM hiatus, but pretty much since the plug was pulled on development.

how do the rest of you feel about ganon's final spot? I hate to say that he's probably going to be limited to warioware counterpicks for me while I work on my Wolf game, but as mentioned above, he's at least not as bad as the other heavies.

there was still so much work to be done
also I should really change my avatar, it still hurts

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it feels like he currently sits around mid tier, maybe highish in mid.

but he really doesn't have anywhere to go but down, with the way the meta is. there are too many characters that are capable of hamming up his poor points and exploiting them and he doesn't have super solid way to actually force commitments and threaten space. i really really just wanted 6 frame nair hitboxes again : / it wouldn't have been the panacea, but it would have done wonders with allowing him to threaten space with different options, even without the dumb auto cancel stuff.

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
I think Ganon's one of the worst characters in the game with several atrocious matchups and very few winning ones, but I'm a huge pessimist so whatever. I don't think he's really viable as a solo main, but he's a pretty potent counterpick. A lot of people are talking about doing characters before stages which would make him pretty much useless. I really wish he had his old nair :(

Bazkip

Smash Master
I think Ganon's one of the worst characters in the game with several atrocious matchups and very few winning ones, but I'm a huge pessimist so whatever. I don't think he's really viable as a solo main, but he's a pretty potent counterpick. A lot of people are talking about doing characters before stages which would make him pretty much useless. I really wish he had his old nair :(
Nah it's not that bad. We've got enough things going for us to prevent us from being the worst of the cast. While we don't have many winning/decent matchups, it's not a completely insignificant amount either. Compare to say Bowser who very likely has no winning matchups, we're a world better than that.

Unfortunately our strengths don't overcome our weaknesses and our winning matchups are mostly against bad characters so we kinda just end up as "King of the Trash", not the absolute bottom but also not good enough to be viable.

The King of Evil, reduced to this...:urg:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I wrote a song

You are my nair hitboxes, my only nair hitboxes
You make my neutral, when matchups are bad
You never know, PMDT, how viable you made me
Please don't take my nair hitboxes away

;_;

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Thought this up for fun

Ganon Move Tier List

S+
Dthrow

S
Uair
Fair
Bair
Jab
Dead Man's Drift

A
Flame Choke
Dair
Ftilt
Dtilt
Dash attack
Upsmash
Wizard's Foot

B
Nair
Dsmash
Fthrow
Uthrow

C
Dark Dive
Utilt
Fsmash
Dead Man's Volley
Bthrow

F-
Grab

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Thought this up for fun

Ganon Move Tier List

S+
Dthrow

S
Uair
Fair
Bair
Jab
Dead Man's Drift

A
Flame Choke
Dair
Ftilt
Dtilt
Dash attack
Upsmash
Wizard's Foot

B
Nair
Dsmash
Fthrow
Uthrow

C
Dark Dive
Utilt
Fsmash
Dead Man's Volley
Bthrow

F-
Grab

fairly solid, but I think Nair, Fsmash and Utilt need to be a stage lower each.

Bazkip

Smash Master
fairly solid, but I think Nair, Fsmash and Utilt need to be a stage lower each.
Nair's good, it's a shame it lost its uses in neutral but it's still a great combo tool, it's also our fastest aerial so it can sometimes be used to break out of combos. And it's still positive on shield.

C tier is just stuff that's situationally useful, I don't really see the point of splitting into more tiers at that point (the F- tier is just a joke)
Though I'd say fsmash and utilt are more useful than cape and bthrow

Last edited:

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Thought this up for fun

Ganon Move Tier List

S+
Dthrow

S
Uair
Fair
Bair
Jab
Dead Man's Drift

A
Flame Choke
Dair
Ftilt
Dtilt
Dash attack
Upsmash
Wizard's Foot

B
Nair
Dsmash
Fthrow
Uthrow

C
Dark Dive
Utilt
Fsmash
Dead Man's Volley
Bthrow

F-
Grab
No love for DACUS?

it's situational for sure, i'd put it just above c though, (very bottom of b)

Bazkip

Smash Master
So, June's Ganon against ThundeRzReiGN

Gets blown up on Stadium, wins on Wario Land

ganon.txt

Bazkip

Smash Master
Played some friendlies with Kage today. He punished me so hard on pretty much everything I did. I think I got zero edgeguards on him.

FeelsBadMan

One day.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Just stop pressing b and you'll eventually become bazpert and then you can bust out the megastone and really show him what's what.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
So. I'm from melee land, played project M for the first time at a state tournament and placed 3rd with ganon. I'm impressed with him. I don't like him as much as melee ganon but he is tons of fun.

Whats the latest meta you guys are looking i to? Or mechanic? Or should I just pretend I'm in melee? Things seem a bit stagnant here but i'm joining up with you guys ^^

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
If you have melee experience, you can start with that.

Major differences are sideb and float allowing you to mixup your aerials, and your ftilt is better, giving you a slightly better ground game to use in conjunction with our great aerials.

If you have specific questiins about stuff, we'll totally help you out, I just think a lot of us are busy with other stuff right now.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Playing a Zelda
Win game 1 handily
Game 2
Get a grab
Dthrow Nair
Watch as my legs pass harmlessly through her body
Get pissed
Go on tilt
Lose the set

Thanks PMDT

Last edited:

Gingerham

Smash Rookie
Still don't get why they gave Ganon that nerf without anything to compensate

Lost to some Kirby at a tourney. Gotta work on that mu. So hard to hit dangit >: (

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I think they figured "oh, it's still positive on shield. That's all he needs." Rather than "oh, look at falcon's hitboxes on literally the exact same move. Let's just push the ac window back to after his second kick finishes and adjust our desired lcancel animation to match what we would want his frame data to be on shield."

Sadly, they were probably going to do the latter (no sources, just instinct because it makes sense) but got *********** before they could : /

Gingerham

Smash Rookie
I mean nair is still a really good move regardless, I think it's mainly a matter of just learning to get better at landing both moves. I ended up getting the hang of it after a while. Though yeah I still do get a bit screwed over by it sometimes lol. Also I thought the same thing when 3.6 Beta came out and I figured they would do that for 3.6 full release but nope.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It's pretty bad. The best use is probably just to use it after a low-mid percent dthrow and hope both hits connect for the extra damage. Otherwise you're better off using uair or bair for taking up space.

I mean, falcon's Nair has ridiculously meaty hitboxes, attached to much faster (and better, as well) character.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Even compared to our old hitboxes, his current hitboxes are much longer duration (iirc. On mobile so it's a pita to double check stuff...).

Old Nair was, what, two 6 frame hitboxes, with a sweet spot for the first few frames and then reduced damage and kb for the rest? Falcon's is something like a 6 then a 10?

Waiting on baz's nerd ass to correct me, here.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Even compared to our old hitboxes, his current hitboxes are much longer duration (iirc. On mobile so it's a pita to double check stuff...).

Old Nair was, what, two 6 frame hitboxes, with a sweet spot for the first few frames and then reduced damage and kb for the rest? Falcon's is something like a 6 then a 10?

Waiting on baz's nerd *** to correct me, here.
You actually got it right for once

congratulation u did it

Edit: To be more specific though, old nair was 3 frames strong hit 3 frames weak hit for both kicks.
That's the part that really kills me, they didn't just remove the weak hits, they also shaved off a frame on the strong hit too. Bcuz Maylay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom