• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janky glitch thing with fthrow or ftilt?

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
I'm looking for an answer here, because I can't reason one. I'm legitimately baffled, and I don't have the resources to test framedata or anything.

Essentially, dependent on the direction Roy fthrows Bowser at 0, ftilt will either phantom hit or hit for a true combo 100% of the time. If you fthrow to the left, ftilt will miss every single time. If you fthrow to the right, ftilt will hit every single time. At first, I wondered if there was an issue with the knockback generated by fthrow depending on the direction. I went to Battlefield and, from the top platform, tested the kill percent of fthrow in each direction. They each unreliably kill at %689~90. I didn't find a correlation between facing direction and knockback of fthrow.

I then set the game to fourth speed and tried counting frames to see if Roy has more endlag on fthrow direction dependent. Needless to say, I smacked myself in the forehead for trying because the game just compensates for slowed playback by tweening the frame in character animations. Pointless.

Maybe it has something to do with the hurtbox on Bowser's foot? I can't figure it out, and it's weird and janky and bothering me. If anyone has insight on this, please let me know. I'm thoroughly peeved.

medofbr

Smash Cadet
It could be the AI acts a little differently depending on the side of the stage he is relative to you so he DIs it differently

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
It could be the AI acts a little differently depending on the side of the stage he is relative to you so he DIs it differently
Done in training mode, with CPU set to "Control", with the controller unplugged, so there was no DI. Still haven't found a solution for this. Continues to confuse the hell out of me. There's literally no effect this would ever have on actual competitive play (well, I mean, unless you tried to fthrow ftilt a Bowser at %0, lol), but it's got my OCD piqued.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sounds like Z-axis shenanigans; at least one of the two is probably further in the fore/background facing left than right.

Does this still happen on a 2D stage like Duck Hunt?

Top Bottom