• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 9-11 2015] B.E.A.S.T 5 - Apex World Circuit Official European Event - SSBM/SSBU/PM (Gothenburg)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Rondelle: All information regarding housing and hotels will come up this week!

Tiersie: That is a good idea that I've been thinking about myself for a bit. Will keep it in mind when we do the actual schedule, soon to come!

AA: It depends lol. First beast we had to shove snow to even get in with the TVs, second one was +5 and rain iirc. Just check ahead on some weather-site.

There will be a major update (Major Update!) sometime this week if everything goes according to plan. Stay hyped and keep signing up!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Are there any good European C.Falcon players that would like to team for Melee? I'm okay so don't be scared to team with me pls

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
After the greatness that was DrømmeLAN, this sounds so hype. If possible, I will definitely attend!

Hopefully I'll manage to bring some friends too (if I will be coming at all that is..) :)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
No, but maybe on Friday. Depends on setups, we are currently checking how many we'll have.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ok thanks Lolex appreciate that man, obviously its not just me that wants it, a few of the other UK guys as well.

Maybe even do some Friday and the rest Sunday depending on time? I can help if that'd be useful.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
[insert obligatory hype-increasing post here]

No but really. I've stickied this post, so maybe that'll help :b:

Kim Steinbach-Reif

Smash Cadet
  • How many sleeping spots are there or can anyone just come sleep?
  • And in terms what to bring to sleep on, what should one take with?
  • Also when will you get a more specific schedule?
  • Do I pay Venue Fee and Melee Singles at same time?

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, Robin!

Kim:
There will be plenty of floor space to sleep on, but you will need to bring something yourself if you don't want to sleep directly on the floor.
The schedule will come out sometime in December, when we are nearing the final attending list so we know how much time everything will take.
You can pay for everything whenever you want, as long as you do it before December 31. But yes, venue fee should also be pre-paid.

ICO

Smash Rookie
  • So you pay the venue fee and Melee Singles before you can register?
  • Also, what should you bring to sleep on? What do most people do?
I just want to make sure as this will be my first tournament.

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
You can register before you pay if you want that, but you don't get confirmed until you have done both parts.

Since your from Gothenburg, an air mattress is awesome.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll need a Melee teams partner D:
Is anyone up for teaming? I used to team with Omega (Puff main), but pretty much anything will do (maybe not double Falco urgh)

If I get enough time to practice in teams before the tournament I can be a decent teams player :D

gijn

Smash Cadet

EUROPE WHERE YOU AT? UK STILL GETTING NUMBERS

Last edited:

ICO

Smash Rookie
Just a question regarding the matches of the tournament: Will there me an amateur bracket of some sort? Will there be something to seperate the more new players from the better ones so they can have fun as well?

Hestehviskeren

Smash Rookie
Just a question regarding the matches of the tournament: Will there me an amateur bracket of some sort? Will there be something to seperate the more new players from the better ones so they can have fun as well?
^ This

Kim Steinbach-Reif

Smash Cadet
WE DEMAND AN ANSWER!

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
There will most likely be pools, meaning everyone gets to play matches, and everyone will have the option to play people near their level in tournament....
Amateur bracket also doesn't do much for really new people, only for the not-quite so pro ones...

also: I heard freeplay against new players and against Pros is fun!

Last edited:

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Paypal only. It's quite simple to get and to use.

There will not be an amateur bracket, we simply do not have setups/time for it. If you consider playing in the tournament the only fun part of a smash event, you should try to open up a bit and play or talk with new people outside of the tournament!

Greward

Smash Lord
i'm probably coming, will confirm in some days. I'd also love to see smash4 teams happening, but I can understand the reasoning of not having enough setups

Captain Jenny

Smash Cadet
Confirmed & ready to hype the shiz outta this tournament. Alongside me is dRage from Berlin (you met him at RoF & DrömmeLAN) & Tobi from Saxonia (you met him at HST2) - there are many more Germans who are planning their trips & ****.

I'm so hyped for this. It's gonna be my first Beast & my third out of country tournament over all. Lookin forward to see everyone I've got to know over the past couple years, since this is pretty much the hypest EU Smash ever got. I wanna see some more people from the US though.

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
Haven't paid for the tournament yet but should be coming here.

I don't have a teammate

Top Bottom