• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 31, 2015] 4 Glory: A Smash 4 monthly series! (The Woodlands, Texas)

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Hello Smashers! We are back again with the first For Glory monthly for the New Year! The location is the same at 1018 Sawdust road in The Woodlands texas, 35 minutes from downtown Houston!

NOTICE: You must bring your own controller/3DS to play in any event. Extra controllers might be lying around but there is no guarantee for that. No modded controllers or 3DS's don't be that guy we have to kick out.

Venue fee - $3
Smash Wii U Fee - $5
Smash Wii U- $5 per teammate
Smash Wii U 4v4 - $2
Venue fee must be payed no matter which tournament you enter

All $1 dollar side events are "Winner take all"

NOTICE 2: If you bring a full set up you will have your venue fee refunded to you in full. A full set up includes a CRT TV, a Wii or Gamecube with all the needed cords (modded Wii's are acceptable as long as they have at least Melee or PM on it), a Melee disk with a memory card that has all the characters and stages unlocked or a brawl disc and a SD card with PM on it.
Times:
Wii U Doubles: Begins at 12:45 (only if 8 or more teams register)
LUnCH BREAK after doubles finishes
Wii U Singles- Begins after the lunch break
Wii U 4v4 whenever Wii U singles end

Smash Wii U Ruleset
Stage List
Starters:

• BattleField
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
Counterpicks:
  • Wuhu Island
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Skyloft
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
Stage Striking is similar to PM (testing this out)
1-2-2-1 for starters and 2 bans for the winner after that for every game
3 Stocks
7 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pause set to “Off”
Team Attack set to “On”

Life stealing is allowed.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I am not going to Apex so ill def go to this event.

edit: you may wanna click "edit thread title" and add the "southwest" tag to it. Doing this will make this thread searchable and viewable to a larger amount of players on SWF.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably will go, we shall see.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
It'd be nice to go to Apex... can't justify the trip, though... not 'til I win one here :p

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Thinking of testing out a different stage list for this one. just changing the counterpicks around. Duck hunt replacing skyloft and moving FD to starter

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will try to bring a full setup with recording, just need to find a good TV at a reasonable price.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Is 4v4 with TA on or off? I've seen tournaments lean either way.

I'll probably go if I can get work off.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Just wondering why.

Siege was never really banned widespread anywhere and people hate lylat way more this time around.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Just wondering why.

Siege was never really banned widespread anywhere and people hate lylat way more this time around.
no worries, i am always open to changing it up. Siege to me is just another transforming stage while we have delphino, skyloft, wuhu and halberd already there. Lylat is and will always be a ************ of a stage but its unique in its platform design and isnt a walkoff or transforming.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
@ Teshie U Teshie U in like a year or two i see the stage list being whittled down to about 5 or 6. Battlefield, FD, Town and City, Smashville, lylat and maybe Duck Hunt though Duck Hunt would be the Smash 4 equivalent of melee's Pokemon Stadium. Meaning Singles counterpick but doubles starter. I was actually thinking of doing this sometime after apex after i see more footage of high top level play on a national scale. Anyways hope to see you come out man looks like it is going to be another really good turnout

GamerZone

Smash Rookie
NNID
GamerZone
I'm new here. Is there going to be a payout for the singles and/or doubles? Can't wait till this tournament.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I'm new here. Is there going to be a payout for the singles and/or doubles? Can't wait till this tournament.
yes top 3 payout(60/30/10) unless we get over 80 entrants then the payout for singles will 60/25/10/5. All percentages here btw. Can't wait to see you here, don't be afraid to say hi to me!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Full recording setup from me. No commentary, I dislike it on my vids.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Might go to this
In regards to stage list if I can put in my two cents if you only do five counterpicks I think swapping castle siege with Wuhu would be a good idea

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Might go to this
In regards to stage list if I can put in my two cents if you only do five counterpicks I think swapping castle siege with Wuhu would be a good idea
Hope to see you come out. In regards to wuhu being a counterpick and castle siege not I would actually switch out Skyloft for it if anything. These next couple days I'm gonna review the stage list a few times and take in all consideration for changes

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
What time can we start arriving for friendlies alex?
Before registration aroundd??

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
That's up to Alex then since he's running it.

"You must bring your own controller/3DS to play in any event. Extra controllers might be lying around but there is no guarantee for that. No modded controllers or 3DS's don't be that guy we have to kick out."

rules are rules. sorry. i have like 5 extra GC controllers if you want one

Cleaningsnow1

Smash Rookie
"You must bring your own controller/3DS to play in any event. Extra controllers might be lying around but there is no guarantee for that. No modded controllers or 3DS's don't be that guy we have to kick out."

rules are rules. sorry. i have like 5 extra GC controllers if you want one
If I can go could I use one? And if I bring a Wii u tv and smash without a GC adapter would it count as a set?

Top Bottom