• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 30, 2015] Apex 2015: VENUE CHANGED TO 'GS Exhibit Center'. CHECK OP. (Somerset, New Jersey)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
It's been a few years, but I guess I can come back out to see the fam

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I am interested. Still a maybe, but once I'm approved to go, I am going to start off 2015 in one of the best ways possible!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
For anyone who is wondering (which should be a lot of people,) this hotel is a GIANT improvement over all the other locations (outside of Rutgers for Sandwiches of the Chubby kind.)

Every train line in NJ goes to Secaucus and you can also go from Penn Station in New York for 7.25 or something similar. When I used to work by the hotel, there was also a FREE shuttle bus from Secaucus Junction to Harmon Meadows (where this hotel happens to be.)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Top 8 people from the smash ds event or WiiU if it is out by then (I don't read?)

Or AllBrawl from 2 Apexes a go, just with 8 people per game, top 4 advancing?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
For anyone who is wondering (which should be a lot of people,) this hotel is a GIANT improvement over all the other locations (outside of Rutgers for Sandwiches of the Chubby kind.)

Every train line in NJ goes to Secaucus and you can also go from Penn Station in New York for 7.25 or something similar. When I used to work by the hotel, there was also a FREE shuttle bus from Secaucus Junction to Harmon Meadows (where this hotel happens to be.)
Yeah, this is one thing I love about this new location. The DoubleTree was great but taking a taxi to make it to the airport wasn't. Now I can taking obnoxious photos of NY and not have to worry about making it to the hotel in hours.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
can we get quads(4v4) going?

EDIT: I just bought tickets because they were ridiculously cheap. What the **** am I doing?

Last edited:

liteblade

Smash Rookie
Really hoping I can make it this year! Any idea what the registration fees will look like?

Jekku

Smash Rookie
Anyone from Europe willing to team with me at Apex? All the Finns are taken and I don't want to team with anyone completely random. I main Sheik. Those who know me probably know my level too.

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
Is there any chance we'll see a gods vs demigods crewbattle for melee?

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah i'll definitely be there...might enter smash 4 just for ****s. (we'll see)

Railz

Yoshi Master
will there be a side event for project m? thatd be the only reason id go...

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
very disappointed that PM won't be streamed or even be a main event. I don't know what to do. If I go at all it will just be for melee and a pm side event. I will not enter smash 4 at this point.
I am wondering do I need to pre-register for Melee and/or PM side event? If so where do I pre-register?

smashmachine

Smash Lord
wait, so if top 16 in qualifying points advances straight to bracket, does that mean someone who wins a qualifier could still have to go through pools?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Very unlikely but the point system encourages players to attend or else they won't make it through pools.

BTW updated first page with lots of info

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Is Smash 3ds going to be at this?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've never been to a tournament before and have wanted to start with Smash 4 Wii U! Ive looked around and everything so far has been 2 hours away or so, but this event is only 40 minutes away! But its an APEX Qualifier so it must be pretty tough, not a good start or maybe a pretty darn good one? I may lose anyway, but it would still be nice to meet people to spar with and get used to the tournament setting. I kinda wanna go but does anyone think its a really bad idea...? Ive just never been so Im a bit nervous and clueless.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If distance isn't an issue and you're wanting to get a feel for what the community can be like during one of it's biggest tournaments then I say "Why not?". Give it a go if just for the community part of it if you're worried you're going to not make it far in pools/bracket. Friendlies are a possible option and getting to know people who could be near your area to begin smashfests with could be another super benefit to attending.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
at some point, can we get the sort-by-game option? makes it a lot easier for those who promote the event to their friends and on sites and stuff

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll talk to the web dev guys to do it but you can , when you register, see how many reg for your game.

btw reg is 100% working now so spread the word

LustfulTiger

Smash Rookie
I am just wondering how you're going to fit Sm4sh, Brawl, Melee and 64 all into this venue. Considering the other ones were pretty tight on space.

Last edited:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
qualifiers are melee only
scared me for a moment. None for Wii U? Good!
Just a clarification,
so anyone can enter, correct? Then can someone explain the points system to me?
Do I need points to enter, or do I just receive points if I enter and do well?
Sorry, I'm trying to enter the tourney scene outside of my little hometown

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
scared me for a moment. None for Wii U? Good!
Just a clarification,
so anyone can enter, correct? Then can someone explain the points system to me?
Do I need points to enter, or do I just receive points if I enter and do well?
Sorry, I'm trying to enter the tourney scene outside of my little hometown
The points system makes it so your seed is better.

Basically, if you have a high seed, your pool will be much easier.

Like I don't know, Seed 30 would get a pool of C or D level players instead of C players with another strong player like them.

Last edited:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
The points system makes it so your seed is better.

Basically, if you have a high seed, your pool will be much easier.

Like I don't know, Seed 30 would get a pool of C or D level players instead of C players with another strong player like them.
I get it. Thank you! That makes a lot of sense =]

Top Bottom