• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 3, 2015] Cincinnati Smash Revival Biweekly (Mason, Ohio)

Rizner

Smash Ace
Woah, I had plans this weekend, but did I hear Mario party 2 tournament?

And 3 stocks wasn't that bad for singles in pm. Melee could make the switch too. For doubles it was meh, but you all should try the pm 3 stock thing at least once. If you don't like it after that, fine and make it known, but yeah.

Having said that I prefer 4 stock, but don't think it needs to be a huge issue imo.

Last edited:

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I tried 3 stocks in PM during The Big House 4 and overall, I did not enjoy it. I would like to come out to this tournament, but would really prefer if it were 4 stocks.

jommeez

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-0969-4148
anyone entering the 3ds singles want to do some online friendlies? just tryna see what the competition for smash 4 is like right now. 0018 - 0969 - 4148 let me know if you add me!

Last edited:

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Also, the Columbus TOs seems to agree with and like 3 stocks.
Ummm, who did you talk to because certainly Colten and I did not agree with it and that will leave only Chonce and he was not ok with it too. So I ask again, what TO's in Columbus did you talk to?

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Rizner was right and I was talking about Smash 4 with other TOs and not PM.

The PM ruleset changes were done 2-3 weeks ago. I think the current PM iteration takes much too long for sets. I think 3 stocks is fast and fun while still having decisive winners from sets. I need to try out the ruleset at my own tournament to see if it is viable, most of us did not attend Big House 4.

I definitely want to keep Melee Doubles, this will probably be one of the last events with melee doubles rather than smash 4 doubles.

Smash 4 3DS should run at a faster pace than other tournaments because it has unique difference from other smash games of not needing a setup. I definitely want to try 3 stocks out.

Also, I think I'll cut out all events and replace them with these:
Gamecube Mystery Game Tournament $5
Smash King $5 - See who is the best at all games, by having a quadro-elimination bracket where the smash game is switched every round 64-Melee-Brawl-PM-Brawl- -Smash 4 3DS-SuperSmashFlash2
Werewolf round robin tourney
Pokemon Stadium 2 Minigame Tournament

Thoughts?

Last edited:

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
I'll be driving a car from Columbus. We'll see how this whole 3-stock PM business turns out I suppose. At least it makes solarbeam that much more impactful.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I shall be arriving to this. 1st tournament. Probably won't do well but oh well.

Last edited:

Kel

Smash Master
As Dr. X pointed out, no one really likes PM so you should just drop it to 2 stocks. There's no point in giving them 4 stock games when people will complain like the purple text guy. It's better to just forget them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, plus the new PM is coming out anyway so no one will play this PM anymore

also when Wii U comes out can we do 4v4 tournaments only

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
Apart from OS and Kel trolling us, it's up to Collin and what he wants to at this tournament. He's stated that this is experimental with running smash 4 with PM and Melee, we'll see how it goes and make a decision based on the results of this tourney.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Apart from OS and Kel trolling us, it's up to Collin and what he wants to at this tournament. He's stated that this is experimental with running smash 4 with PM and Melee, we'll see how it goes and make a decision based on the results of this tourney.
Pretty much this. This tournament will truly be a test for the future. Except that I cut all smash events in favour of party games duh.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
GGs to everyone. Was a fun crowd. Shoutouts to Hats and our hilarious bracket sets!
They were way too fun :D

"ya know, I kind of feel bad that you SD'd...maybe I should take a stock"
"Nah son I didn't need it"
*procedes to destroy me*

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
How many times did we die at the EXACT same time due to a trade? lol

Also, is there going to be a results thread?

Shamgar

Smash Rookie
Had fun playing smash 3DS in my first tournament. If anyone wants to add me my friend code is 0963-0527-7721.

jommeez

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-0969-4148
hey man I'll add you. 0018-0969-4148
yeah the 3ds tourny was fun, next time i'll enter melee too.

Last edited:

#CAKE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, hopefully I'll be up there tomorrow with @OHIYO, this will be my first event & I'm pretty stoked. I'll probably only compete in PM, not the best melee player haha but nonetheless I can't wait to meet everyone! :4kirby:

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, hopefully I'll be up there tomorrow with @OHIYO, this will be my first event & I'm pretty stoked. I'll probably only compete in PM, not the best melee player haha but nonetheless I can't wait to meet everyone! :4kirby:
Sweet, hope to have some kirby dittos in PM.

Top Bottom