• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 18, 2015] The Flex Zone - Potential for $1750 in pot bonuses! PM/Melee/S4 (Massapequa, NY)

Boiko

:drshrug:
Hello everyone, please READ ALL DETAILS BELOW.

This is the first installment in what may become a recurring smash tournament series (depending on how well this goes.)

This event will feature Super Smash Bros. Melee, Project M, and Smash 4 for WiiU singles only. As much as I would love to do doubles, we simply don't have the time.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. WE ARE LIMITED TO 200 PARTICIPANTS BETWEEN ALL GAMES DUE TO FIRE HAZARDS/VENUE RULES. IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU PREREGISTER ASAP IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE. PLEASE CONTINUE READING FOR DETAILS.

This event is being held at a sizable venue that can be reached at the above address. There is ample parking in the lot, along the road, and in a lot across the street. Also, you can take the LIRR to the Massapequa station and someone can pick you up from there. It's about five minutes away.

This venue is A JEWISH SYNAGOGUE. What that means is that everyone must be EXTREMELY RESPECTFUL OF THE VENUE. THEY ARE GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO LET US HAVE OUR EVENT HERE. DO NOT WANDER AROUND. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH. JUST PLAY YOUR GAME, HANG OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE TO'S. IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, I WILL KICK YOU OUT AND YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED, PERIOD.

THERE IS NO FOOD ALLOWED AT THE VENUE. THERE ARE NUMEROUS PLACES TO GET FOOD IN THE AREA. IF YOU WANT TO GET SOMETHING TO EAT, PLEASE SEE ME OR ANOTHER TO AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MATCHES COMING UP AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WE WON'T (may not) DQ YOU.

We are a little tighter for time than I would like to be, so it is crucial that everyone shows up on time, reports their matches right away, AND PREREGISTERS. By pre registering, I will be able to post brackets ahead of time. People can then give feedback if they are playing somebody from their region or if there are other issues. THERE ARE NO SIGN UPS AT THE DOOR. IF YOU DON'T PREREG, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE. You must check in immediately upon arrival. I will check your name against the reg list, stamp your hand, and you'll be good to go. If you do not pre register but you still want to play friendlies, you must pay the venue fee. No complaints, even if we don't have enough room for friendlies.

Now, here's the good stuff.

Unfortunately for the P:M Community, Apex will not feature our favorite mod. As a result, we're making PM the highlight of this tournament. What that means is that there will be a $500 pot bonus for PM paid out among the top 3.

Not interested in PM? That's okay! We're also offering $100 pot bonuses for Melee and Smash 4 paid out among the top 2!

And you know what's super cool? The pot bonus may be even bigger! Depending on the number of confirmed entrants, I will increase the pot size! I'll figure out exactly how to split it when the time comes.

SCHEDULE:
I will be setting up around 10:30 A.M., anyone who wishes to help can arrive by then.
ARRIVE BY 11:00 A.M. (or a little earlier)
ALL SINGLES WILL START AT 11:30 A.M. NO EXCEPTIONS.

RULESETS:

MELEE
Apex Rules: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

PM
Stagelist and rule set will be posted soon.

SMASH 4
Stagelist and rule set will be posted soon.

PRICING:
Venue: $15 ($5 venue discount applies to those who bring a full set up.)
Singles: $10 per game

PM PAYOUTS:
<64 Entrants Pays Out to Top 4
1.) 55% (Guaranteed $300)
2.) 25% (Guaranteed $150)
3.) 15% (Guaranteed $50)
4.) 5%

>64 Entrants Pays Out to Top 5(6)
1.) 48% (Guaranteed $300)
2.) 22% (Guaranteed $150)
3.) 14% (Guaranteed $50)
4.) 8%
5.) 4%/4%

MELEE AND SMASH 4 PAYOUTS:
<64 Entrants Pays Out to Top 4
1.) 55% (Guaranteed $80)
2.) 25% (Guaranteed $20)
3.) 15%
4.) 5%

>64 Entrants Pays Out to Top 5(6)
1.) 48% (Guaranteed $80)
2.) 22% (Guaranteed $20)
3.) 14%
4.) 8%
5.) 4%/4%

P.S. I don't condone splitting. It's just really not fun.

LASTLY: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE POST THEM HERE OR MESSAGE ME. INVITE ALL SMASHERS THAT YOU KNOW. I WANT AS BIG A TURNOUT AS POSSIBLE.

FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/972256959458148

PREREG LINK: https://theflexzone.wufoo.com/forms/the-flex-zone/

YOU MUST COMPLETE PRE REGISTRATION IN ORDER TO ATTEND. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY RIGHT NOW BUT I WOULD LIKE IT IF YOU DID.

SPECIAL GUESTS INCLUDE:
ROLEX, PROFESSOR PRO, FROZEN, GALLO, GURUKID, STEREO_KIDD, DARKBLUES, BUMBLEBEE, ANIMAL, EMUKILLER, CODI, FUZZYNESS, DVD, JET, ENVY, NEED I GO ON!?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm very curious as to what the Wii U stagelist will be. If you need a recommendations, I can show you what I've been using for all of our /r/smashbros events.

Boiko

Sure. I'll more than likely consult DKWill, Raptor, Vinnie, and Dabuz as they're my LI homies, but I'm interested in what everyone is doing.

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Newbie smasher, want to ask some questions about Set Ups. I have a Wii U Smash with all character and stages, plus a GameCube adapter, and I think my memory card still has a fully unlocked melee save along with a GameCube and copy of melee. I wanted to know if full set ups include having some sort of lagless monitor, or if I just bring the system, file and game if that counts. Also, would bringing multiple systems stack in terms of the venue fee? Like if I bring both the Gamecube and the Wii U would the venue fee drop to 5 dollars, or just the one time venue fee drop to 10 dollars?

Last edited:

Boiko

Newbie smasher, want to ask some questions about Set Ups. I have a Wii U Smash with all character and stages, plus a GameCube adapter, and I think my memory card still has a fully unlocked melee save along with a GameCube and copy of melee. I wanted to know if full set ups include having some sort of lagless monitor, or if I just bring the system, file and game if that counts. Also, would bringing multiple systems stack in terms of the venue fee? Like if I bring both the Gamecube and the Wii U would the venue fee drop to 5 dollars, or just the one time venue fee drop to 10 dollars?
Hello, bringing anything helps, so we'll give the discount for just the set up. WiiUs are the biggest need so that would be the most helpful.
Unfortunately, venue discounts do not stack. I'm shelling out over a grand of my own cash for prize support and venue because I want to do something good for the community. So the best I can really do is a $5 incentive. I know it's not much but I appreciate everything!

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Hello, bringing anything helps, so we'll give the discount for just the set up. WiiUs are the biggest need so that would be the most helpful.
Unfortunately, venue discounts do not stack. I'm shelling out over a grand of my own cash for prize support and venue because I want to do something good for the community. So the best I can really do is a $5 incentive. I know it's not much but I appreciate everything!
Understandable. I'll probably bring both anyway, just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

Boiko

By the way, some special guests include:
ROLEX, PROFESSOR PRO, FROZEN, GALLO, GURUKID, STEREO_KIDD, DARKBLUES, BUMBLEBEE, ANIMAL, EMUKILLER, CODI, FUZZYNESS, DVD, JET, ENVY, AND MORE.

Boiko

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that this event is coming up soon!!!

Please check the facebook event for details! Don't forget, if you're close to the tristate area, now is your chance to play with some amazing players including: Rolex, Professor Pro, Emukiller, DVD, Frozen and SO MUCH MORE.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
@ Boiko Boiko My gma lives in massapequa and i go there often. do you think this will be a reoccuring tournament series? if so im down with coming sometime in the near future no this sunday. also, is there any way in the near fututre that the venue/pricing for singles will be reduced?

Boiko

@ Boiko Boiko My gma lives in massapequa and i go there often. do you think this will be a reoccuring tournament series? if so im down with coming sometime in the near future no this sunday. also, is there any way in the near fututre that the venue/pricing for singles will be reduced?
Possibly. It depends on how well this runs.
The venue is very expensive and this is basically a national tournament considering there are attendees from three countries and over five different regions, hence the expensive venue fee.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Possibly. It depends on how well this runs.
The venue is very expensive and this is basically a national tournament considering there are attendees from three countries and over five different regions, hence the expensive venue fee.
Ahh wish i could come. enjoy yourself tell eli and vinnie i said hello

Boiko

Ahh wish i could come. enjoy yourself tell eli and vinnie i said hello
Unfortunately they won't be coming because Team XFiRE can have "no association with PM" lame. But I'll probably see them soon enough anyway.

Top Bottom