• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 17, 2015] The Smashing New Year (Salem, Massachusetts)

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
The Smashing New Year
January 17th, 2015
SAY Media @ The YMCA

1 Sewall St. Salem, MA
Fees

Venue Fee | $10*

Singles | $5

Doubles | $10 per team

*Venue fee is waived if you bring a TV, Wii U, GC Adapter, and Smash Wii U and it is used (keep in mind that you must bring a complete setup for this to happen).
*if you bring just an adapter, the venue fee is halved

Schedule

2:00pm | Venue Opens

2:15pm | Doubles and Singles Signups Begin

3:00pm | Doubles Bracket Begins

4:15pm | Singles Bracket Begins

8:00pm | Venue Closes

Payouts

Doubles:
1st – 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles:
($20 Pot Bonus)
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd – 10%
Rules:
Singles:
-2 STOCK SINGLES (EDIT).

-8 minute time limit.
-All items off.
-Customizations and equipment off.
-No Mii Fighters.

-Double Elimination
-All matches are best 2/3 except for the winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals, which will all be best 3/5.
-No pausing.
Doubles:

- Team attack turned ON.
- Refer to stage list
- Two bans
- 3 Stock

Stages
Neutrals:

-Final Destination (if anyone has epilepsy and is bothered by this stage please notify me)
-Battlefield
-Smashville

Counterpicks:

(2 Bans)

-Town and City
-Castle Siege
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Delfino Plaza
-Omegas

~Food and Drinks sold at the SAY Media Center:
Pizza - $2 per slice
Drinks – $1.50

If there's anything I should include then just post a reply. Otherwise, I hope to see people from SB there :chuckle:

Last edited:

Conet

Smash Cadet
Will be updated:

We have 6 confirmed setups

Full Setups (Adapter Included):

Conet
Nova (D-Puff's adapter)
A1RM4N (MayFlash) (YMCA TV DONATED)
Kim Dong Un

Semi-Full (Adapter Not-Included):

Firebro
SC55
Tyler Bryant

We have 7 setups so far...

But as always...
BRING SETUPS

(Personal message me if you are bringing a setup.)

Last edited:

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Or personal message me too. Conet is on of the T.O.'s as well. We already have 20+ confirmed people so make sure you come as well.

Another note on setups, if you plan on bringing a setup (TV included) then make sure your tv has an hdmi port. If not, then just bring the A/V cable from the wii since it works the same.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Is this going to be a one time thing, or is it going to be a weekly/biweekly/monthly/whatever? I can't go on the 17th but would love to go if it's gonna be happening again. So much closer than Game Underground lol

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Is this going to be a one time thing, or is it going to be a weekly/biweekly/monthly/whatever? I can't go on the 17th but would love to go if it's gonna be happening again. So much closer than Game Underground lol
Yeah it's essentially going to be either biweekly or monthly so don't worry, there'll be many more opportunities :)

USPY.3620

Smash Cadet
If I bring a setup, will it be used? Can't look past the, "If you bring a setup and it is used..." bit. I don't want to pack it up and bring it out there unless I know it'll be used.

At any rate, I have a GC Adapter I can bring.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
If I bring a setup, will it be used? Can't look past the, "If you bring a setup and it is used..." bit. I don't want to pack it up and bring it out there unless I know it'll be used.

At any rate, I have a GC Adapter I can bring.
Since you specifically are worried and we're still short setups, it will in fact be used so bring it over! Also make sure a tv is included in that. If not, well...okay, but please try your best to bring the tv as well

Make sure you can connect your wii u to whatever tv you bring. if it doesn't have an hdmi port then bring the wii's a/v cable instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom