• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 17, 2015] Paragon 2015! Apex World Circuit ($3,000 Combined Pot Bonuses!! (Orlando, Florida)

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Versus Gaming Center and Gaming Knights are teaming up to host their yearly video game event, Paragon!

REGISTRATION HERE: http://paragon.vsgaming.org/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1502519116670412/

Streamed by VGBootCamp!
Featuring Armada, Mew2King, Hungrybox, Zero, HugS, Plup, Colbol and more!!

This will be an Apex World Circuit event!
-Twitch is providing a $1,000 Pot Bonus for Top 8 for Melee!
-Twitch will also be providing a flight and hotel room for Apex 2015 for the winner of this event!

So say the top 3 players already won flights to Apex, the flight automatically goes to the 4th player. If that player already paid for his/her flight, then Twitch will reimburse the ticket price. In the event top 4 have flights already, the 5th placers will play it out for the flight!

Super Smash Bros. Melee, Smash 4 Wii U, and Project M

Event Fees:
$30 Venue Fee (early registration)
$10 Per Game (doubles are $10 per person)
$20 Spectator Fee (at door)

Games:
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles ($1000 pot bonus)
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles ($500 pot bonus)
Project M Singles ($500 pot bonus)
League of Legends ($1000 pot bonus)
Bring your own computer, we'll have dedicated power/Internet for League! If you are coming from another state and cannot bring your own PC please contact staff to make arrangements.

Schedule (tentative):
Saturday, January 17th - Pools / Top 32
Top 2 from each pool move on (only winners/losers finals are played out)
Sunday, January 18th - Top 8

Saturday January 17th- Singles Pools
Top 2 from each pool move on (only winners finals is
played out)

Sunday January 18th- Melee & Smash 4 Wii U Top 8

The qualifying points spread for each individual Qualifier is as follows:

1st Place – 500 points
2nd Place – 350 points
3rd Place – 260 points
4th Place – 210 points
5th-6th Place – 160 points
7th-8th Place – 130 points
9th-12th Place – 100 points
13th-16th Place – 80 points
17th- 24th Place – 60 points

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
This is gonna behype. I'm down for some quadruple friendlies matches in Smash 4. Also, Reality 64, (another Brawl mod) should be out by then and I'm sure I'll want to play it against people.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I'm gonna try to make this because it's gonna be amazing. Hopefully, my dad's schedule is open.

unconfirmednano

Smash Rookie
I haven't been to a tournament before so I'm slightly confused. For the venue fee's, (which aren't posted on this page as of now) is it a fee per person or group? Another thing, this gets you qualifying points for APEX (Which is a tournament you need qualification points to play in if I'm not mistaken) if you place high. Do you need any sort of qualification to enter this tournament to play such as qualifying points?

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I haven't been to a tournament before so I'm slightly confused. For the venue fee's, (which aren't posted on this page as of now) is it a fee per person or group? Another thing, this gets you qualifying points for APEX (Which is a tournament you need qualification points to play in if I'm not mistaken) if you place high. Do you need any sort of qualification to enter this tournament to play such as qualifying points?
A venue fee is a fee, per person, that helps pay for the rent/cost of the place, or venue, it's being hosted in, such as a convention center, as you can probably understand, this is a pretty big venue, as I'm quite sure it's in a large hotel, it can cost a lot of money. Addressing the other thing, that's the first I've heard of this, and I'll make sure to get back to you on that, because I am attending Apex 2015, and I haven't been able to make it to any of the qualifiers so far.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Apex 2015 is an open tournament that uses road to qualifiers to seed. Get alot of points and you don't even have to play in the initial rounds from what I've heard.

To make myself clear, you can enter Apex 2015 without points. Makes it easier for the Smashers who live in random places.

But you should all check the actual site for the tourney, just in case I'm mistaken.

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Apex 2015 is an open tournament that uses road to qualifiers to seed. Get alot of points and you don't even have to play in the initial rounds from what I've heard.

To make myself clear, you can enter Apex 2015 without points. Makes it easier for the Smashers who live in random places.

But you should all check the actual site for the tourney, just in case I'm mistaken.
Oh, that's good, because I don't have any points yet, hopefully I can get some here :D

unconfirmednano

Smash Rookie
A venue fee is a fee, per person, that helps pay for the rent/cost of the place, or venue, it's being hosted in, such as a convention center, as you can probably understand, this is a pretty big venue, as I'm quite sure it's in a large hotel, it can cost a lot of money. Addressing the other thing, that's the first I've heard of this, and I'll make sure to get back to you on that, because I am attending Apex 2015, and I haven't been able to make it to any of the qualifiers so far.
Thank you for the reply! my comment wasn't suggesting that the tournament organisers of this event are people who over charge players. I was just curious to see how it worked. good luck to you in the tourney man!

unconfirmednano

Smash Rookie
Thanks for clarifying! c:

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Thank you for the reply! my comment wasn't suggesting that the tournament organisers of this event are people who over charge players. I was just curious to see how it worked. good luck to you in the tourney man!
No problem! Haha, I didn't want to make it seem that way, I just wanted to make sure you understand the reasons for the fee, as some players refuse it, or can't afford it. Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know why the Facebook page says

Venue fee: $30 (early registration)?

Whats with the early registration? How do I pre-register? Where do I go to pre-register?

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Is the game lineup final? Will there be any changes to reflect the lineup at Apex?

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ F. Blue F. Blue

Try going to Facebook and asking your question there. Cherry is not very active on Smashboards. He mostly uses SWF just for advertising.

Btw, to be honest, I don't think any of the Apex qualifiers will bother with trying to reflect the Apex lineup.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
This is going to be ****ing radical but I swear if I have to pay 60 bucks for 3 games

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Yeah, bump it up. And woah, crap, I need to somehow get enough money to pay for Apex AND this. :/

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
The stages I would like to play 4v4 on are.

Big Battlefield
Temple(Ktar XI has me curious how this would play out)

Wuhu Resort(Not Pilotwings)
And that Starfox stage thats really pretty who's name eludes me.

If I get to play on all of those stages in 4v4 I would be so happy.

Oh, and to make it more legit, team attack will be on as it is proper for teams.

Thanks for showing interest @ 20YY SS | Saiblade 20YY SS | Saiblade !

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
The stages I would like to play 4v4 on are.

Big Battlefield
Temple(Ktar XI has me curious how this would play out)

Wuhu Resort(Not Pilotwings)
And that Starfox stage thats really pretty who's name eludes me.

If I get to play on all of those stages in 4v4 I would be so happy.

Oh, and to make it more legit, team attack will be on as it is proper for teams.

Thanks for showing interest @ 20YY SS | Saiblade 20YY SS | Saiblade !
Haha, no problem! I'd love to see all of you again. You might not recognize me anymore though, I got a hair cut a while ago :D I'll be sure to participate in this.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Like, are there any student discounts? Coupons? Vouchers? AARP Cards accepted? ._.;

Noa.

Smash Master
Wow a 30 dollar venue fee is pretty steep. I'm surprised that not more of that is going into the pot. And what placing are payouts to? I'd assume at least top 8 right?

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Is the group discount code for the Hotel not working for anyone else?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So, like, my question was not answered on the FB page so I'll ask it here: What is the registration time? I get out of work at 3:30p that Saturday (December 20th) and I'd like to participate for Smash 4.

Last edited:

Th3 Ice King

Smash Cadet
This is gonna be Hype. I will be bringing team Evansville Esports down to compete. Houdini, Cantus, and Eseif. Also some other Evansvillians and TriState friends. Rubica, chuckroast, NaryX, and Zakblade

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Ok so I got the days off to go to this.

I just need a partner now for any doubles.

For some reason I can't pre reg for doubles without a partner and continue the process unless I put the name of my partner in the doubles (melee) section. Should I just put don't have a partner but I want to pre reg and continue?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Ok so I got the days off to go to this.

I just need a partner now for any doubles.

For some reason I can't pre reg for doubles without a partner and continue the process unless I put the name of my partner in the doubles (melee) section. Should I just put don't have a partner but I want to pre reg and continue?
I would doubles with you (we're slutty) but I'm not paying $70 knowing I have no desire to win any tournament or play the game that much to even bother. I just want to play and compete on my own terms at this point

I'm contemplating going to this to spectate (and play friendlies) or Gatorlan. Decisions.

Last edited:

Okzz

Smash Rookie
Are you still able to be in the tournament if you did not do the online registration?

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Are you still able to be in the tournament if you did not do the online registration?
Yes. Be at the tourney between 8 and 9 am on Saturday and tell the TOs that you need to be registered. Since it is day of registration the door fee will cost you $60. Games will still be $10 each. But as always, check the site yourself in case I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom