• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jan 16, 2015] Smash 4 Wii U Beta Test Tournament with $2000 In Pot Bonuses (Toledo, Ohio)

RTGNTV

Smash Rookie
Here are the tournament rules and information below! See you on January 16th 2015!

Come join RTGN.TV with their first tournament for Super Smash Bros Wii U using our Beta version of our streaming technology for broadcasting eSports!
January 16th
Sponsors Announcing Soon
Meet and Play with the Pros of Super Smash Bros Wii U
Mew2King
Vidjo
BigDamien
Chompy
BO X7
Joeisfatal
Perfect Legend
Come Experience the Next Phase in Online Broadcasting with RTGN.TV
Free Food From Chic-Fil A, and Frickers!!
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Pro- Gaming Circuit Tournament Rules
Mii Fighters are Banned
Game Settings: 2 Stocks, 6 Minute Time Limit , 2 out of 3
Grand Finals 3 out of 5
Losers Final 3 out of 5
Winners Finals 3 ourtof 5
TOP 8 3 out of 5
Location @
University of Toledo Nitschke Technology Complex NTCC
$10 Early Venue Fee Till January 14th
$15 Venue Fee Day of The Event
$15 Super Smash Bros Entry Fee- This Does not Change!!
Registration Starts at 10am
Tournament Starts at 12pm
Semi and Finals Air at 8pm
BYOC!!!
Bring in a Wii Gamecube Adapter You will get Venue Fee Free!
Pots are Split 50, 30, 15, 5 for 1st, 2nd 3rd & 4th Place
$2000 Bonus Pot on top of Entries!!

Contact Us at 419-309-5850 for any questions!

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Potentially gunna be driving to this with some of KY aka that guy ^^^.

If you're near Portsmouth, Columbus, Van Wert, or anywhere in between those places and need a ride, hit me up. Looking to split gas and want to bring as many people as I can fit in my van (myself + 6 spots)

Also, is pre-reg required, or can we register at the door?

Also, don't forget to flair this tournament as Midwest

Last edited:

RTGNTV

Smash Rookie
Potentially gunna be driving to this with some of KY aka that guy ^^^.

If you're near Portsmouth, Columbus, Van Wert, or anywhere in between those places and need a ride, hit me up. Looking to split gas and want to bring as many people as I can fit in my van (myself + 6 spots)

Also, is pre-reg required, or can we register at the door?

Also, don't forget to flair this tournament as Midwest
You can pre register here for 10 https://www.eventbrite.com/myevent?eid=14931101326 or at the dorr for 15.

X-Ployt

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Ployt
I only live 8 minutes away! ...but it's on a Friday : /

How certain are you that the event is gonna happen? I work during the week, but I might be able to take the day off.

Either way, I think it's awesome something like this is happening locally, and even though I'm positive I'd get wrecked, it would be a great experience!

RTGNTV

Smash Rookie
I only live 8 minutes away! ...but it's on a Friday : /

How certain are you that the event is gonna happen? I work during the week, but I might be able to take the day off.

Either way, I think it's awesome something like this is happening locally, and even though I'm positive I'd get wrecked, it would be a great experience!
this date is set in stone

X-Ployt

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Ployt
this date is set in stone
:nervous:

I wasn't implying anything about a date change, if that's what you meant. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part, and my ignorance. I was implying that it was possible there was some type of quota to be met for the event to happen.

RTGNTV

Smash Rookie
:nervous:

I wasn't implying anything about a date change, if that's what you meant. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part, and my ignorance. I was implying that it was possible there was some type of quota to be met for the event to happen.
Oh no problem! this pot will be 2000

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll be here and I'll be practicing hard for this. Gotta defend my home turf. ;)

Last edited:

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
I'll try to come, not sure. Sounds like fun though!

How large are you thinking it's gonna be?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeh

Just also ayyyyyyy wanting to double check for housing, because I really want to make it out. Can anyone pick me up from the Greyhound busstop in Toledo and possibly house me then drop me back off? I can try and work around schedule stuff and what not to make things easier if someone needs me to.

X-Ployt

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Ployt
You can pre register here for 10 (can't post link) or at the dorr for 15.
I tried pre-registering, and it says

"You do not have permission for this event."

Yeh

Just also ayyyyyyy wanting to double check for housing, because I really want to make it out. Can anyone pick me up from the Greyhound busstop in Toledo and possibly house me then drop me back off? I can try and work around schedule stuff and what not to make things easier if someone needs me to.
I might be able to house you, but I don't know if I can manage to get you a ride from Greyhound. I don't have a working car, and I'll be working mon-thurs, leaving at 10:30 in the morning and usually getting back home between 8:30-10:00PM. I don't know how much ahead of time I can house you. How early did you want to arrive?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Snap getting from the station is important. >_< As far as arriving goes i'd probably be aiming for Thursday and leaving Saturday. D: I was waiting to see if I had a way from the bus stops and what not before I checked the times, but i'll do that right now and edit the times back in this post.

EDIT: Thursday has 2 buses. One arriving at 7:50 a.m. and the other at 6:40 p.m.
Saturday would have me leaving at 1:35 p.m. or 10:35 p.m.

If anyone could work with those times and house me i'd really appreciate it.

EDIT 2: I'm also willing to wait at the bus stop until I could get picked up.

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Ralph, I'm pretty sure I could house you Friday night, but Thursday night I'll be working and won't be able to be at my apartment. You'll have to take the 1:35 bus on Saturday if I'm dropping you off.

I'll talk to you more about it as the tourney gets closer.

X-Ployt

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Ployt
Snap getting from the station is important. >_< As far as arriving goes i'd probably be aiming for Thursday and leaving Saturday. D: I was waiting to see if I had a way from the bus stops and what not before I checked the times, but i'll do that right now and edit the times back in this post.

EDIT: Thursday has 2 buses. One arriving at 7:50 a.m. and the other at 6:40 p.m.
Saturday would have me leaving at 1:35 p.m. or 10:35 p.m.

If anyone could work with those times and house me i'd really appreciate it.

EDIT 2: I'm also willing to wait at the bus stop until I could get picked up.
I couldn't get you a ride if you arrived in the morning. If you came in the evening, I could probably get my ride from work to help me out, but, I can never guess on when we'll get out of work - we're supposed to be slowing down, but I let it go in one ear and out the other; it's never consistent - so if you came in the evening, you'd probably be sitting there for a couple hours waiting, worst-case scenario, 'til like 11PM, waiting for a ride, and that's not reasonable. You'll probably want time to practice before the tourney, but also get comfortable and what-not.

As far as I'm concerned, your best bet would be to catch a cab and pay between $12-14, especially if you're bringing a decent amount of stuff, and if not, you could catch a bus a few blocks away from Greyhound and be about 15 minutes walking distance from my house.

Edit:I was checking out TARTA online(Toledo's public transit), and they actually use an app that tracks buses in real-time, as far as departure and arrival times go. Pretty nifty.

tarta(DOT)otvia(DOT)com

Last edited:

LeWall

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriiluup
Hey guys, just wanted to know if youll be able to stream? if yes, where i can find it?( Link,Account)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Already have the days off for this just need to figure out what i'm doing lol. I might just house with X-ployt Thursday and Louis Friday. I might message you guys on here or we can figure some way to add eachother on Facebook or something to get plans figured out.

X-Ployt

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Ployt
Already have the days off for this just need to figure out what i'm doing lol. I might just house with X-ployt Thursday and Louis Friday. I might message you guys on here or we can figure some way to add eachother on Facebook or something to get plans figured out.
Holler at me via e-mail: dj.xployt@gmail.com

I'll fill you in.

Leon Rios

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeonRios
I don't suppose anyone from my area is interested in splitting gas and going with? I've been trying to locate a tournament scene for a while now and this seems like it might be a lot of fun.

X-Ployt

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Ployt
Any chance I could just message you on here to get things figured out? Would probably be a bit easier.
Show me how to use the private message system, and we can do that! :awesome:

Because I don't see one. lol

Edit: I see now that it's the conversation feature that can be used for pms.

Last edited:

The Retaliator

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure he just confirmed, and other people have offered to take you, it's pretty much a lock that you'll be there. Hype! Might show up myself, I'm pretty good.

RTGNTV

Smash Rookie
Ladies and Gentleman Mew2King and Vidjo our confirmed!
Real Time Gaming Network (RTGN) is pleased to announce that Mew2King and Vidjogamer will be attending our Smash 4 Wii U Beta Test Tournament with $2000 In Pot Bonuses on January 16th, 2015 in Toledo, Ohio!

Make sure you register now to get a discount on the venue fee at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rtgntv...-with-2000-in-pot-bonuses-tickets-14931101326!!

Visit the event page here for more info https://www.facebook.com/events/1505984469690218/! Hope to see you there!!!

Follow Us

https://www.facebook.com/RTGNTV

https://twitter.com/RTGNTV

Top Bottom