• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 12, 2015] DVDA#6: Smashing New Year! (Las Vegas, Nevada)

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
Double Vegas Down Attack #6: Smashing New Year! | Vegas Smash 4 WiiU Tournament at GameWorks Las Vegas in all three Party Rooms at Town Square.

Hosted by Bassem Dahdouh (Bear) and New Meta Entertainment, LLC.

Streaming by New Meta Entertainment: Twitch.tv/newmetastream
Commentators: TBA

All you need to do to register for DVDA#6 is using our new online registration form: bit.ly/DVDA6entry

Important Note: Entries will be closed on Saturday, January 10th at 11:59 PM PST; entries at the door will be very limited to Smash Tourists (Smashers who live outside of Las Vegas).

Schedule:
Monday, 01/12/15, Tournament Day:
2pm: Warmups, setups, and payments
3pm: Doubles Begin (Double Elimination Bracket)
5pm: 1st Wave of Pools Begin (Round Robin)
7pm: 2nd Wave of Pools Begin (Round Robin)
9pm: Top 32 Double Elimination Bracket Begins

BYOC (GameCube Controller or any officially licensed Nintendo controller).

*If you bring a complete WiiU Setup [need at least 20!] (WiiU, Smash WiiU, GameCube Controller Adapter, and cables to connect to a HDTV) GameWorks will WAIVE the $10 venue fee!*

How (much)?
Venue Fee = $10 (includes food, drinks, and other goodies!)
Singles Entry Fee = $10 per entrant
Doubles Entry Fee = $10 per team ($5 each person)

Smash Hour (Happy Hour):
+ GameWorks Las Vegas is Offering a Customized Smash Hour. Happy Hour the Whole Tournament! Starts at 3pm.

Vegas Smash 4 Singles & Doubles Payouts:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Smash 4 Stage List & Ruleset:
A. Game Settings
● Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
● Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Doubles
● Custom Fighters are set to off
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have a 1111 Mii Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner available for use (Using Default A Mii). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.

B. Stage List
Starter Stages:
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
*Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.

C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set.
● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.

Tournament Format:
+ Singles will have at least 16 pools run as a Round Robin where the top 2 advance into the final Top 32 Double Elimination Bracket.
+ Doubles will run as a standard Double Elimination Bracket; no pools.

GameWorks Las Vegas Venue Policies:
GameWorks Las Vegas does not allow outside food and beverages in our facility, but GameWorks Las Vegas does offer a full bar and restaurant with delicious American cuisine.

Last edited:

BearUNLV

DVDA#6 FAQ:
1. When is it?
Monday, January 12th, 2015
2pm Warmups, setups, and payments
3pm Doubles
5pm Singles (1st pool wave)
7pm Singles (2nd pool wave)
9pm Top 32 (or 64) Matches
*You can show up to the 7pm pool even if you opt out of Doubles and 5pm Singles*

2. Where is it?
GameWorks Las Vegas
6587 South Las Vegas Boulevard #171, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Google Map It: http://goo.gl/kbKimU

3. How much is it?
Venue Fee = $10 (includes food, drinks, and other goodies!)
Singles Entry Fee = $10 per entrant
Doubles Entry Fee = $10 per team ($5 each person)

4. How do I pay?
All payments for the venue and entry fees is at the door.
Venue fee will be paid to GameWorks and can be paid via cash, credit or check. (Parents, guardians and certain patrons may have their venue fee waived; GameWorks will have the final decision.)
Entry fee(s) will be paid at the Tournament Organizer (TO) station via cash only.

5. How do I register?
All you need to do to register for DVDA#6 is using our new online registration form: bit.ly/DVDA6entry

And click "going" here: @[894540883904111:https://www.facebook.com/events/894540883904111/]

Important Note: This is not like DVDA#4 or DVDA#5. I need everyone to complete the form or else you are not registered. This includes anyone that I know who is coming. Please complete the form. This list will be shared with GameWorks.

6. I work 9 to 5; can I make it?
Yes you can make it to the 7pm Singles Pools!
The schedule for the whole tournament is below:
Monday, 01/12/15, Tournament Day
2pm: Warmups, setups, and payments (All payments must be completed before assigned doubles and/or pool wave begin)
3pm: Doubles Begins (Double Elimination Bracket)
5pm: 1st Wave of Pools Begins (Round Robin)
7pm: 2nd Wave of Pools Begins (Round Robin)
9pm: Top 32 (or 64) Double Elimination Bracket Begins

7. What do I need to bring other than money for fees?
BYOC (GameCube Controller or any officially licensed Nintendo controller).

8. What is a full WiiU Setup?
A complete WiiU Setup [need at least 20!] is a WiiU, Smash WiiU, GameCube Controller Adapter, and cables to connect to a HDTV. A surge protector is highly appreciated as well.

9. Why should I bring my setup?
GameWorks will WAIVE the $10 venue fee!
For all DVDAs I make sure my Pool Leaders know to keep an eye on all setups and I let all patrons know that we are all here to have fun. Thievery will not be tolerated and by charging a venue fee for a majority of people entering the DVDA area; it ensures no random people wander in for your hard earned and loved electronics.

10. When does registration close?
Entries will be closed on Saturday, January 10th at 11:59 PM PST; entries at the door will be very limited to Smash Tourists (Smashers who live outside of Las Vegas).

Any other questions about the tournament, please ask me. I try to be an accommodating TO :)

~ Bear

BearUNLV

Important Note:
You do need Facebook to register for DVDA#6.

Just use this simple registration form

DVDA#6 Registration Form: bit.ly/DVDA6entry

Top Bottom