• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 10, 2015] Regular Tournament 4: $100 Pot Bonus Edition. Melee and Smash... (San Antonio, TX)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Regular Tournament 4
San Antonio Monthlies
January 10th, 2015
San Antonio, TX

Brought to you by:
Zhea (Daniel Hall)

Schedule
Venue opens at 2:00 PM, so that's the earliest you can show up!

Tournament Schedule
Melee:

2:45PM| Melee Singles Registration Ends

3:00PM| Melee Singles Begins
5:45PM| Melee Doubles Registration Ends
6:00PM| Melee Doubles Begins

Smash 4:
3:45PM| Smash 4 Singles Registration Ends
4:00PM| Smash 4 Singles Begins
6:45PM| Smash 4 Doubles Registration Ends
7:00PM| Smash 4 Doubles Begins

• Registration for all events will start at 2:00PM.
  • Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary. Helps keep payout pools separate without too much hassle.
  • Full setups must arrive before 2:45 PM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.
Entry Info
Venue Fee: $5 per person (required from all attendees)
Melee Singles: $5 per person
Melee Doubles: $5 per person($10 for a team)
Smash 4 Singles: $5 per person
Smash 4 Doubles: $5 per person($10 for a team)

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament on time and bring the following:

What to Bring
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above)
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup for any game, we will refund your $5 venue fee at the end of the tourney.
A full Melee setup is a CRT TV, GameCube/wii, Melee disc, and fully unlocked memory card.

Prizes
Ultra Arcade is busting out a $100 pot bonus for both Melee and Smash 4!
Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

Payouts
Under 50 entrants

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 7.5%

Over 50 entrants
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 7.5%
5th: 5%
7th: 2.5%
Rules
We will be using the MBR Ruleset for Melee. It can be found here.
We will be using the TGC Ruleset for Smash 4. It can be found here.

Code of Conduct:
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out or in losers.
Collusion (Pot splitting, bracket rigging, etc):
I don't tolerate collusion of any kind. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to see it. I don't make money off this event. I give up my Saturday to run this event. I do this because I want the San Antonio and surrounding scenes to have another tournament to go to. If you are strapped for time come talk to me. We can work something out.

In the case that 2 or more placing players are caught colluding, prize money will be redistributed to the next qualifying tier of players. This will be a pain for everyone involved. Don't do this.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING TVS!
I can only provide a couple TVs to start with, so it's up to the rest of the community to bring more and make the event easier to run. More setups means more friendlies and more playing time, so please do your part if you have equipment to lend us for the day. Remember, if you bring a full setup, we will refund your $5 venue fee at the end of the tourney.

Last edited:

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
N i g g a s still melee in San Antonio? That's what's up. May slide through if I find someone here in Corpus who let's me play wiiU and get some practice.

Gonna be in SA for a Spurs game anyway.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I honestly have no idea, but it's worth mentioning that Austin is rolling deep this time! We got 10 austinites on their way this weekend and the return of Laredo. Get hype SA.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can blame the storms for that. Hard to compete with mother nature.
And no thanks. Not worth it. :applejack:

Rasha

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4124-5194-0138
Would it be unwelcome to bring a 64 setup, just for casuals? If not, would anyone be interested in having one there?

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
I can go but I might not be able to stay cause my ride (doubles partner) has to work at 6

Zhea

Smash Ace
Not sure at the moment. There are things I need to talk with the owner about. BTW, Ya'll should also attend Nike's tournaments if you enjoyed smash 4. He'll show you how a real TO do.

Inverted reflex

Best smasher in my house
Ya yo, the drive isn't that far from my house and even though the venue is kinda small, it's a really cool place and the people there where nice and skilled. I'ma def show up for the next one if I don't have plans :)

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
I was just happy to test out my new melee skills, but yea pm would be pretty cool too!

Zhea

Smash Ace
I have no problem with PM running at Ultra. Brandon, the owner does out of misplaced fear of Nintendo cracking down on his business..

Top Bottom