• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 10, 2015] Pensacola Monthly: The Juggle is Real 4 (Pensacola, Florida)

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
INFO:

Pensacola Monthlies have begun! Monthlies will be held on the first Saturday of every month.

VENUE:

There will be a $5 dollar venue fee. This venue has a strict no outside food or drink policy. They do sell soda, water, Gatorade, candy bars, snacks etc. The owner also will order pizza hut or subway throughout the day. $5 will get you half of pizza or a small sandwich, chips and a drink.

EVENTS:

Melee Singles $5:

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winner Bans stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, then loser picks character. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 for Semi-finals and Grand Finals. No bans allowed. Cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Neutral Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Battle Field

Counter-pick Stages: Pokemon Stadium

RPS for port priority, Stage Strike.

Wobbling is legal (cannot wobble pass 300%)

Glitches (like freeze glitch)/stalling (such as Peaches Side+B) are banned.

If 2 players enter sudden death from a time-out, the person with the least % wins. If it goes into sudden death because 2 players die at the exact same time, a rematch with only 1 stock will be played out.

Pausing will forfeit a stock.

Melee Doubles $5 dollars per entrant ($10 dollars per team):

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winner team bans stage, loser team picks stage, winner team picks characters, and then loser team picks characters. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 for Semi-finals and Grand Finals. No bans allowed. Cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Neutral Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Battle Field, and Pokemon Stadium

Project M Singles $5:

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winner bans 3 stages, loser picks stage, winner picks character, then the loser pick character. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 matches for Semi-finals and Grand Finals, no bans allowed, cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Starter Stages: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi Story (Melee).

Counter-pick Stages: Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone. Skyworld.

RPS for port priority, Stage stike.

Project M Doubles $5 per entrant ($10 per team).

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winning team bans 3 stages, losing team pick stages, winning team pick characters, losing team picks characters. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 matches for Semi-finals and Grand Finals, no bans allowed. Cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Starter Stages: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi Story (Melee), Distant Planet

Counter-pick Stages: Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Skyworld.

Payouts will be:

1st 60%

2nd 30%

3rd 10%

SCHEDULE:

Tentative at all times. Events may start earlier or later but no more than 2 hours. Please be early to make sure you’re here for the event you’re wishing to enter.

11:00 Registration starts. (If you’re coming to a later event, you may register when you arrive as long as you get there within 5 minutes of the tournament starting.)

11:30 Registration ends. Project M Doubles Begins

1:30 Project M Singles Begins

4:30 Melee Doubles Begins

6:30 Melee Singles Begins

11:00 Venue Closes.

We will need Set Ups. If you can bring one, please bring it by 10:30 A.M.

Any questions, feel free to post below. If I’m missing any information, please say so and I’ll correct it. You can also find us on facebook by searching Pensacola Smash Bros or clicking this link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/134182206752487/

TO :

Zone: 850-532-9666

Dinowulf 334-327-9412

Fro Fo Sho: 850-585-4574

Last edited:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll be there, but with no practice leading up to it, so I'll be super free.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
I just got to keesler so I don't know if I'll make this one but plan on seeing me around soon.

Zone

Smash Champion
The date needs to be fixed or we could end up with people driving to pensacola for a monthly on the wrong day from out of town

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I've all but given up on getting Saturdays off without begging like a dog. I'll try to make it out to one of these every few months if I can.

I'm hype for mansion tourney though.

Last edited:

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
Yoo had a blast guys!! Next time I'm bringing the full heat and all my tech skill be ready lol ggs to everyone

Xylq

Smash Rookie
I will be coming from Augusta, GA again. And, I'll be bringing 2-3 people w/ me!

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
any chance you guys will bring ssb4 to the table?

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
Sorry I haven't updated this page fully. Yes, we will have smash 4 for Wii u. We are only running singles. Still not sure how big the scene is yet. It will be the first event of the tournament

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
^ You should probably go to it, just sayin'.

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
For anyone finding this later. We are trying out rotating monthlies with Mobile. They will be on the second weekend of each month. Find our Facebook group or message me for more details. Pensacola Smash Bros

Top Bottom