• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 10, 2015] Extinction III Greenville , South Carolina... (Greenville, South Carolina)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The 3rd entry in the Extinction Gaming series!

Games featured:
Pokemon X & Y
Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS Singles
Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U Singles
Project M Singles
Project M Doubles
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)

FEES:

Venue Fee: $10.00 ($5.00 discount for full-set ups)

Pokemon X and Y Entry Fee: $3 Singles/$5 Doubles

Smash 4 3DS Entry Fee: $2 Singles

Smash 4 Wii u Entry Fee: $5 Singles

Project M Entry Fee: $5 Singles/$10 Doubles ($5 per person)

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Entry Fee: $5

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Entry Fee: $5

Schedule:

11:00pm - Sign ups

12:00pm - Super Smash Bros. 4 Singles 3DS
*Ruleset to be determined

1:00pm - Super Smash Bros. 4 Singles Wii U

2:00pm - Project M Doubles
Apex Rule 2014 Ruleset

3:00pm - Project M Singles
Apex Rule 2014 Ruleset
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

4:00pm - Pokemon X and Y Doubles
Played on 3DS
Rule set: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIVSTS2ubZK3gQtkDlByLk6n5IOJg31Bo1cg8Xgqo_Y/edit

4:30pm - Pokemon X and Y Singles
Played on 3DS
Rule set: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIVSTS2ubZK3gQtkDlByLk6n5IOJg31Bo1cg8Xgqo_Y/edit

5:00pm - UMVC3
Played on 360.
Best 3/5.
Stage selection will be left up to the discretion of the players. Winner is team locked. Loser may change team. No game breaking glitches. Pausing during match is an automatic forfeit unless the other player desires to play it out.

6:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV
Played on 360.
Best 2/3. All finals will be 3/5.
Winner keeps same character, and may change ultra. Loser may change character and ultra.
Stage selection will be left up to the discretion of the players. Pausing during match is an automatic forfeit unless the other player desires to play it out.

Closure and other information:

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

All pay outs will be a 60/30/10 split.

*YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN FULLY CHARGED NINTENDO 3DS WITH SMASH BROS. 4 AND POKEMON X & Y.*

VENUE RULES FOR PARKING: Do not park in front of the dry cleaning place directly beside 1Up. They have a "No Parking" sign posted in their window. Do not park in front of the Pet Salon, Upholstery store or Florist until they close. After they close the parking in front of their stores will be available. Any parking space near the road, in front of 1Up or in front of the Nationwide building are fair game from when you get here until you leave.

There is overflow parking to the side of the building and behind the building.

Please comply with these requests or the tournament will be shut down by the owner of the Plaza.

Pokemon X & Y will have their own devoted TO to ensure things will run as smoothly as possible.

Streaming will be provided by Flaming Berserk Gaming! Check out their YouTube and Twitch here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/holyflamej

Twitch.tv/holyflamej

**Casuals are covered by your venue fee

Raffles and Pot bonuses:
You will be given 5 raffle tickets with payment of the venue fee!

CURRENT POT BONUSES:

PM Singles: $50.00
Smash 4 WiiU Singles: $50.00

More Raffle Prize and Pot Bonus announcements will be made in the coming weeks/months leading up to the tournament!

Pre-registration will be live soon and will be posted here when open.

Last edited:

Noktre

Smash Rookie
NNID
Noktre
3DS FC
0662-3774-8946
You forgot to include Smash 4 Wii U in the schedule, and the 3DS doesn't need link cables.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Who is the TO for this event? Is it going to be Evan this time? All I know is the last even was run horribly. I doubt the last TO will be present, but god have mercy if they some how return as TO, I will not be attending.

Squad

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3582-9805-3549
Hey um I need a doubles partner for PM if anybody else needs one like I'm just playing casual or whatever so I don't care how good you are as long as you don't care how good I am. Let me know

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So. Um. Is this still actually happening?

Also bleh at pm dubs but not smash 4

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Who is the TO for this event? Is it going to be Evan this time? All I know is the last even was run horribly. I doubt the last TO will be present, but god have mercy if they some how return as TO, I will not be attending.
Can you go into more detail about what bothered you last time? They can use that to gauge improvement so the experience will be better next time.

I'm not seeing melee up there guys. Whats up with melee? Some melee tournaments have been hosted before here with great success and i'm guessing this store was having a huge influence on growing the melee scene here so i'm sad to see its not hosting melee tournaments as often. What can be done to change this?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Can you go into more detail about what bothered you last time? They can use that to gauge improvement so the experience will be better next time.

I'm not seeing melee up there guys. Whats up with melee? Some melee tournaments have been hosted before here with great success and i'm guessing this store was having a huge influence on growing the melee scene here so i'm sad to see its not hosting melee tournaments as often. What can be done to change this?
A few things I felt went wrong last time:

The TO was not at the front desk for most of the walk in sign ups.

We need dedicated helpers for the TO. When you have 100+ like we do, you NEED help.

When melee, or pm is suppose to be played, all setups should be setup for that game. At least till they have reached semis. We don't need anything else going on during melee singles etc. We trying to start and finish in the same day. We don't need people doing friends when others need to play, or setups for the fame (s) we aren't playing atm.

The TO should not be in ALL THE EVENTS. Wtf. Hell, I don't think the TO should be in ANY of the main events. That slowed us up big time. We need a dedicated TO.

People shouldn't just refuse/"wait around" to play b/c they wanna be on stream. We wanna advance within a timely fashion, thank you.

The last event was about 3 or more hours behind schedule, for every single event. Why? Because some of the previous things I mentioned. You know how absurd it is, having ALL the events pushed back 3+ hours?

We also ran smash 4. It just came out within 7 days. I get it has hype, but i felt it was too soon. It didn't help that everyone wanted to play it ether. We had 3 events, each with 50+ people in each, going on, at the same time. Everything moved at a snails pace.

We are also reaching that point where 1UP is becoming, "cramped. "

Last edited:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
TO wasn't in all the events. TO played 3 sets of Melee/P:M dubs, and 4 sets of Smash 4. People didn't wait around to play on stream from my understanding, and not all events were pushed back 3 hours. We had WAY more people than expected, and nobody brought setups. And if they did, they were one game or the other.

Also, I took a 2 minute bathroom break during signups. I don't know where you think I was gone to, but I was signing people in for an hour and a half. Yes, it ran longer than it should have, but get your facts straight before you go and bash me as a TO. If you feel you can do a better job, then please step up to the plate.

And to answer the question, I will likely be in attendance, but not running any events.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
The only event that started on time was the first. The johns tho lmao ooo Its ok
Dont gotta worry about it, since you aint TO next time :)

You can ask others on facebook what they thought went wrong if you want. I'm sure some of what I said will pop up.

Last edited:

Mr Noob Gamer

Smash Rookie
Is there not a pot bonus for 3ds smash or Pokemon and the whole registration 11 pm is bugging me I'm sure it means 11 am though. Unless I'm wrong, and when will pre registration be live.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I mean... You guys can complain and such but I think 2 points are very important here...

1. There's simply a limit to how fast a large tourney can run, particularly one with 5 events and roughly 100 entrants in very limited space..
2. The tourneys that Cody has run in Greenville have been infinitely better than any other Greenville tourneys... Because... You know.... Nobody else has run one.

Complain if you want, but it's not like Cody has been paid to run most of these, and he likes the games too, so it's not really fair to dictate that he shouldn't enter.
Could they have been better? Sure... But hindsight is perfect and I really don't think anybody has solid ground to complain without just looking like a butt.

We'll see how this one goes... It's a lighter tournament, event wise, but I'll be surprised if it goes faster.
I'm already completely vexed by the decision to make two smash 4 singles events but not have doubles...

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
ITT: ez pretends he knows how to run tournaments. All you've ever done is moan and complain about me behind my back, and then proceed to practically beg to be put on power rankings even though you're nowhere near good enough. I took your spoiled ass to KiT and always invited you to stuff. These days, you act like you're big in the community like we OWE you something, even though you've never done a damn thing for us. If you issues with me, man up and message me instead of gossiping like a damn 14 year old girl.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
That one might have been a bit too harsh...

Anywho...
So I'm probably not winning all events coming to this, unfortunately. We'll see but I doubt it

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
The 3rd entry in the Extinction Gaming series!

Games featured:
Pokemon X & Y
Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS Singles
Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U Singles
Project M Singles
Project M Doubles
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)

FEES:

Venue Fee: $10.00 ($5.00 discount for full-set ups)

Pokemon X and Y Entry Fee: $3 Singles/$5 Doubles

Smash 4 3DS Entry Fee: $2 Singles

Smash 4 Wii u Entry Fee: $5 Singles

Project M Entry Fee: $5 Singles/$10 Doubles ($5 per person)

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Entry Fee: $5

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Entry Fee: $5

Schedule:

11:00pm - Sign ups

12:00pm - Super Smash Bros. 4 Singles 3DS

1:00pm - Super Smash Bros. 4 Singles Wii U

2:00pm - Project M Doubles
Apex Rule 2014 Ruleset

3:00pm - Project M Singles
Apex Rule 2014 Ruleset
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

4:00pm - Pokemon X and Y Doubles
Played on 3DS

4:30pm - Pokemon X and Y Singles
Played on 3DS

5:00pm - UMVC3
Played on 360.
Best 3/5.
Stage selection will be left up to the discretion of the players. Winner is team locked. Loser may change team. No game breaking glitches. Pausing during match is an automatic forfeit unless the other player desires to play it out.

6:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV
Played on 360.
Best 2/3. All finals will be 3/5.
Winner keeps same character, and may change ultra. Loser may change character and ultra.
Stage selection will be left up to the discretion of the players. Pausing during match is an automatic forfeit unless the other player desires to play it out.

Closure and other information:

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

All pay outs will be a 60/30/10 split.

*YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN FULLY CHARGED NINTENDO 3DS WITH SMASH BROS. 4 AND POKEMON X & Y.*

VENUE RULES FOR PARKING: Do not park in front of the dry cleaning place directly beside 1Up. They have a "No Parking" sign posted in their window. Do not park in front of the Pet Salon, Upholstery store or Florist until they close. After they close the parking in front of their stores will be available. Any parking space near the road, in front of 1Up or in front of the Nationwide building are fair game from when you get here until you leave.

There is overflow parking to the side of the building and behind the building.

Please comply with these requests or the tournament will be shut down by the owner of the Plaza.

Pokemon X & Y will have their own devoted TO to ensure things will run as smoothly as possible.

Streaming will be provided by Flaming Berserk Gaming! Check out their YouTube and Twitch here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/holyflamej

Twitch.tv/holyflamej

**Casuals are covered by your venue fee

Raffles and Pot bonuses:
You will be given 5 raffle tickets with payment of the venue fee!

CURRENT POT BONUSES:

PM Singles: $50.00
Smash 4 WiiU Singles: $50.00
2a09zwjdvgmsy_normal_face (2).png

More Raffle Prize and Pot Bonus announcements will be made in the coming weeks/months leading up to the tournament!

Pre-registration will be live soon and will be posted here when open.
The last tournament on Oct.4 that I've participated from last year is the problem! I actually want to know about other rules of playable or not-allowed playable characters before this tournament starts, but my favorite character is my personal avatar is Mii Fighter: Brawler and Sonic The Hedgehog, but just in case if I can't use my Mii Fighter in this year's tournament, then I'll play as Sonic The Hedgehog with no longer to worries about any rules changing during this tournament to the very last minute or whatever! P.S: Tell me, if it's ok to use Mii Fighters in Tournament or they're actually ban, despite they say: Mii Fighters are broken characters!?

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
From the rules on the Facebook page, miis are banned. I think it's more of a problem about sizes and weights than them being broken

Speaking of rules, skyloft is sorely missing. :(

Last edited:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I wrote the rules for it, and the reason behind the Mii ban is the fact that they're inconsistent from console to console, and since there's a 3DS tournament as well, it's way easier for everyone to use the Mii they're used to. Again, I just wrote the rules. It's up to the TO to decide if they wanna use'em or not.

Skyloft was omitted due to a couple things, but it's mostly due to having too many stages imo. I don't like the stage very much as there are certain spots like the waterfall that can kill you depending on character. It'd likely be a fine counterpick, but I'm trying to keep my stagelist to a 10 stage max.

Again, I'm not TO, so the tournament could change their mind. I'll be enjoying the game either way.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I wrote the rules for it, and the reason behind the Mii ban is the fact that they're inconsistent from console to console, and since there's a 3DS tournament as well, it's way easier for everyone to use the Mii they're used to. Again, I just wrote the rules. It's up to the TO to decide if they wanna use'em or not.

Skyloft was omitted due to a couple things, but it's mostly due to having too many stages imo. I don't like the stage very much as there are certain spots like the waterfall that can kill you depending on character. It'd likely be a fine counterpick, but I'm trying to keep my stagelist to a 10 stage max.

Again, I'm not TO, so the tournament could change their mind. I'll be enjoying the game either way.
So, that means we can use Mii Fighters, then or they're still ban!?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
From the rules the tourney is using, which Pdude wrote up, miis are banned.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I hadn't spoke anything bad about you, till after Matt showed me a conversation between the you two, where you constantly bad mouthed me. If you don't want others to just talk trash on you, try to at least keep it to yourself.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I got bad news to tell y'all that I can't be at this tournament on this Saturday morning! Because, 1. I don't have a Wii U console, yet! 2. Personally, that I really needed the Soundtrack and especially Mewtwo as a playable character for free DLC by registering 3DS & Wii U Versions before it's too late! So, let me know, when there's next time tournament again somewhere this New year of 2015 and a Happy New Year to all my friends on Smashboards for hoping what's to expect in T-I-M-E?! P.S: Please, send me message on my Facebook account:https://www.facebook.com/raheem.nelson.96

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Hey i'd just like to probe with my other question again since it doesn't look like it was addressed. Why isn't Melee being used in a smash tournament of all things? I'd like to know what is swaying you guys to keep it out of the tournament so maybe we can come up with some agreeable criteria based on fixing those problems to encourage melee tournaments to happen more often at the store.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This isn't just a smash tournament. Melee isn't being held to save time, as PM has been the bigger draw in the upstate (although we'll see if that continues)

Melee will likely be at the next one. It's getting hard to satisfy people in a one day tourney tho with 3 playable smashes... I'm glad smash 4 Wii u is finally getting its first upstate tourney.

As a note, I'm just a messenger, not the TO.

oh also for anybody who will not check the Facebook page, smash Wii u is starting at noon now.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Full setup includes a TV. You may be able to strike a deal about just the console

Twhy

Smash Rookie
Does anyone want to partner in PM doubles with me? Gotta be honest i'm not great but i'd like to try out some doubles for the first time. Also no melee :(

Top Bottom