• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jackson Parodi: The Man and The Accordion

Jackson Parodi at Smash the Record performing on stream

Jackson Parodi, a video game music-focused performer, has appeared at several events, including Zeldathon and AGDQ. A man of action, he recently made it out to Smash the Record, a charity event, and helped raise $50,000 dollars for the St. Jude Children's Hospital. This is his story.

How Smash and Music began for Jackson
Jackson Parodi's full name is Jackson Alexander Parodi and is a musician. He has been playing the accordion for almost five years and uploading covers to YouTube for almost as long.

Parodi began his foray into the Super Smash Bros. series with Smash 64. The casual fun kept rolling when Melee and Brawl came out, but he only played them casually as he found his interest waning. Eventually, EVO 2013 and Paragon 2015 ignited his love for the competitive scene and from there, he got more involved with it as time went by.

He got started with music by playing the tuba when he was 12 in middle school band class. His entry to the internet field was around the same time as EVO - YouTube in Summer of 2012; once in a while a video would get shared, but never had any major traction. The first big thrust for him was AGDQ 2015:"It was the first GDQ show I went to, and I brought my accordion with me. A lot of magical things happened at that event, and the one of mine that stands out is when I played the Yoshi's Island bonus game theme when Trihex got a bonus in his YI 100% at that Marathon."

"My story of Smash the Record? I got in touch with RagingCherry, told him what I did, and asked if he'd be at all interested in having me be a part of StR. I watched last year's event, and thought it was a fantastic idea. With Zeldathon (and the small bit of GDQ playing I did), I've had experience working at streaming charity marathons, so I wanted to take that skill set and put it towards this awesome event. Thankfully, Cherry was super receptive and enthusiastic about me beingi there; I think he really took a chance on me being there and being part of the event. I appreciate it very much, and I'm infinitely grateful"

Smash the Record thoughts and Future Plans

Jackson Parodi performing at Twitch Con

"I really appreciated that speedrunning was a major part of the show - it was nice to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in a while, and meet up with a bunch of new people. The last hours of the stream were definitely a wild ride; not just me playing accordion, but everything else going on. It was a lot of fun."

For continuing forward, though, he, much like everyone else, is waiting in anticipation for details. He would love to be a part of another Smash the Record in the future and help out in any way. He had such a great time during the weekend and would like to come back again to attend the event. "The goal is definitely to keep playing more live shows and events (like StR). I seriously want to continue developing". He's mentioned pleasure with his Twitch streams and seeing the success, in-which he's only started about a month ago. He also wants to keep getting better at accordion; while pleased with the progress he's made, he's never one to rest on success. "I want to keep advancing, expanding the frontiers, and pushing my limits."

Tips and where to find him

Jackson Parodi in a regular stream of his

"Recommendations for fellow artists? The only general advice I can give is to do a lot of work and to not stop doing the work. Make a lot of work, and make it well. If you're new to it, you might be dismayed at the quality level, but as you keep doing work, it will improve. Keep working, notice your improvement, learn from your mistakes, and keep pressing on"

Jackson Parodi uploads his weekly accordion videos to his YouTube channel every Saturday at 2 PM EST. He also uploads other kinds of videos: covers with other instruments, original music, analysis videos, and little goofs & gaffes. Alongside streaming games, he also streams accordion on Twitch as well. He likes streaming as often as he can.

Check him out at these locations:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Top Bottom