• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jack Frost (From Shin Megami Tensei & Persona) for Smash

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So, there's one character that I haven't seen a character thread for, and I thought of him when I was thinking of more unexpected fighters, but the more I think about it the more I think Jack Frost could work as a fighter.

For those of you that don't know, Jack Frost is a demon from the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series, and is basically the mascot of the company Atlus.

The argument could be made that he's just a common enemy, but he's a bit more than that. For one, as I said, he's the company mascot. But also, he has his own - consistent - personality, and his first appearance in any of the SMT games is always made a big deal of. And he's probably the most recognizable character from the series.

On top of that, SMT IV, and many other recent games from Atlus have been exclusive to Nintendo, plus SMT V is coming exclusively for the Switch in the (hopefully near) future. I think they're a deserving 3rd Party rep (and already owned by Sega, so good relations with Nintendo).

He could use a variety of ice and snow attacks, in addition to just normal punches and kicks.

And his catch phrase is "Hee-Ho", which is both adorable and weird, and would make a hilariously obnoxious taunt.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Apocalypse and never played a Persona game. But, I'm planning on getting Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers for my 3DS and Persona 5 for my PS4. I support!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I've only played Apocalypse and never played a Persona game. But, I'm planning on getting Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers for my 3DS and Persona 5 for my PS4. I support!
Glad you're getting into the SMT & Persona series! Apocalypse was amazing, and Persona 5 - well, I put 100+ into that game easily (I'm not even a big fan of Persona, but that game blew me away). And have yet to play Soul Hackers, but enjoy!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Woof, Soul Hackers is a really old-school game. Fun though.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Jack Frost will be great third partie character we never have slash villain mascot enemy and Atlus do have allot Nintendo 3DS Exclusives.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Jack Frost will be great third partie character we never have slash villain mascot enemy and Atlus do have allot Nintendo 3DS Exclusives.
I'd hardly call Jack Frost a villain.
Most of the time he's just another demon you fight or recruit to your team.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Really fun coincidence: Prof Fandango was planning on drawing this shortly before Atlus was confirmed to jump in on Smash:

dctwtrn-7ea67faa-1236-4c11-9b85-4619efeadcb8.png

https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/SMASH-150-190-JACK-BROS-775834547

I will say, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of the possibility of Frost coming with his spiritual brothers, it's a cool concept (no pun intended).

Oh, and put me on the support list please.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I really hope he’s in Joker’s moveset, it would be criminal if they opted not to since Joker is a Wildcard user.

Add me to the support list btw, I love our He Ho, he’s my favorite Persona period:
EE166035-214D-448B-8404-E257D8D281F5.gif

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So odd to see this thread now... and it be so small... even I had heard of Jack Frost.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Bringing this thread back for Boxing day to say that Jack Frost still has a chance of being a playable fighter for Smash Bros. A choice that I fully support.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My two cents on the current situation is that, on the bright side, the first pass already brought in an Atlus character. The downside is, third-party spirit events have seemingly run dry, so we don't know if anything will be done to directly promote SMTV if there isn't a character for SMT coming.

Also, while it's likely to be fake, what do you think about this list? If true, I find it interesting that they could go for Flynn instead of Demi-fiend, the SMTV protag or even Jack Frost.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/23/rumor-sakurai-choices-leak-ssbu/

Last edited:
Top Bottom