• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jabs and Ftilts are welcome: Renegade's Monthlies, April 3rd, Indianapolis Indiana

Count

Smash Champion
DISCLAIMER: The results may not be completely accurate in the lower portion of it, as Ren's bracket wasn't done exactly like tio would have done it. If you know what place you got, let me know and I'll change it. The bracket was duplicated in tio to the best of my ability.

Also, tell me any characters that should be added, or even if I have your character wrong.

I didn't enter singles because I had to go watch the BUTLER BULLDOGS GO TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Singles:
1. Krystedez :wario:
2. Renegade :snake:/:marth:
3. Hilt :olimar:
4. Zozefup :mario:/:metaknight:
5. NJzFinest :falco:
5. Brax :lucario:
7. Beast :falco:/:snake:
7. Vamp :lucario:
9. Rob Gambino :wario:
9. Sovereign :metaknight:
9. Jayford :jigglypuff:/:snake:
9. Avarice :diddy: (forfeit)
13. Spin :rob:
13. Rip (tell me lol)
13. Mustard :gw:
13. HD :gw:
17. ED :pikachu:
17. ComradeSnake :snake:
17. Calebyte :mario:

Teams:

1. Rent a Count (Count and Renegade)
2. Body Bag (Krystedez and Beast)
3. Team Luigi (Xero and Ducky)
4. For the Ladies (NJzfinest and Jayford)
5. The Brothers Grim (Avarice and Jason)
5. Look for a big Slide (Spin +Hilt)
7. Mustard + Hot Sauce (Mustard + Sovereign)

Shoutouts later!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
:( Definitely failed at repping the East Coast lol, iiiiiSuk

Fun tourney, cool to finally meet some MW players, most of which I never heard of before Brawl; good to see newer people playing this game. All of you guys are great, ggs to all.
And yeah, Brawl is fun, I wanna play more. I think the MW Brawl scene is better than the Melee scene, so I'll try to attend other tourneys.

PS, Beast should be Snake/Falco, Spin = ROB, ED = Pikachu and Xero = Mario/Metaknight. Jayford only used Snake once, but if that counts, I guess Marth/Snake for Ren. Really don't know how much people care about this stuff, but just saying...

Also, GOO PURDUE

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
hahaha, I know right?

Also lol @ you calling me by my original tag from like, 5 years ago xD. People used to nickname me Faffy >_>

edit:

can someone upload the bracket?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Good games to all, Renegade really picked it up in the finals. His grab game got better all of the sudden, was going all CQC on me with Ally powah!

But when it came right down to it, forcing Rene to camp is like forcing a baby calf to walk as soon as it's born. It's just so cute and clumsy, you can't help but laugh. (did I use analogy right?XD)

Seriously Rene no offense, but your camp-game needs work if I can just stop it by being MORE aggressive. Just a tip for the next time we play. You're still too good, but I got to thinking after the last few games and after seeing RedHalberd's comment on your performance, it makes sense. If you camped better, AND incorporated your ****-mind-game of grab-to-tech-chasing me, it'd be harder for me to approach you. Not that I have much say in your style, you're still unpredictable as hell and easily one of the best snakes I've played. (Ike hands down best)

As for everyone else, it was great seeing you all, I loved playing against some new faces, and seeing some old. These Indiana tournaments only keep getting better and better, especially when we get more people to host some. Get IN or get OUT! :D

EDIT: Btw, Jayford did only go puff most of the time. He deserves it. If you guys didn't see his **** aerial game and awesome counterpick, let me just tell you; he showed what Purdue's about! (Mario VS. Puff on Japes...omgosh so much hyyyype)

Jayford

Smash Lord
Shout Outs:

1. Krystedez - Good stuff. Keep reping Purdue.
2. Renegade - Good matches. I just wish the Klap Trap didn't end it :(
3. Hilt - Good games in doubles. We gotta play friendlies next time we see each other.
4. Zozefup - Epic set in pools. You're Mario is too good.
5. Rob Gambino - I don't think I met you.
5. Brax - Good friendlies. You kept gimping my Falco with Lucario lmao.
7. NJzFinest - We won't disappoint the ladies next time.
7. Vamp - GGs that was an awesome set we had in bracket.
9. Spin - Good doubles matches.
9. Beast - GGs. Purdue owns lol.
9. Sovereign - Your Ganon owned my Sonic :( that 0 - like 70% combo was too good lol.
13. Avarice (forfeit) - We gotta play friendlies next time. Both Melee and Brawl. You're diddy is 222good lol.
13. Rip - I don't think we met.
13. Mustard - REGION RATS!! No one in NW Indiana plays video games lmao. If I am in Chesterton for an extended period of time over the summer we'll have to play.
13. HD - GGs. You're G&W is to good with the 9's lol.
17. ED - You're Pika is getting amazing. Keep it up.
17. ComradeSnake - Good friendlies.
17. Calebyte - You're Msrio is really good. Good set in doubles.

Count - Butler = Future National Champs? lolololol They came out of nowhere. Also, we have to play some friendless next tournament.

GGs everyone

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I guess I'll do specific shoutouts, I'm pretty bored atm

1. Krystedez - PURDUE!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Renegade - Gah, Marth. GGs, looking forward to playing you again.
3. Hilt - GGs, sweet olimar. Upsmash is too good lol.
4. Zozefup - Nice Mario, very entertaining to watch and play against. Nice MK too haha.
5. Rob Gambino - I don't think I met you.
5. Brax - I don't think I met you
7. NJzFinest - PURDUE. Worst Falco player. 7th? Isn't New Jersey supposed to be good? Go back to Melee you ****ing noob.
7. Vamp - Haha, you vs Jayford was quite a set xD
9. Spin - GGs in teamsies! Nice to meet ya.
9. Beast - PURDUE. GGs. But... STOP SDing MANG! haha
9. Sovereign - Are you the Wario player? If so, GGs... but yeah, Falco is pretty **** gay heh.
9. Jayford- PURDUE. Jigglypuff is broken. PS, we should prob try to stop sucking in teams lol...
13. Avarice (forfeit) - Most fun set I had all day. Gotta play your Diddy again :)
13. Rip - Either I forgot who you are or I didn't met you.
13. Mustard - Good stuff dude, keep the tourneys rolling :) You're off at a greeaattt start.
13. HD - PURDUE. Fastest GW in the world lol. GGs, a shame we had to play first round though -_-
17. ED - PURDUE. Chaingrab vs chaingrab lmao. Pika vs Falco is gheyyyy
17. ComradeSnake - Don't think I played you
17. Calebyte - Don't think I played you

edit:

Reverse what I said to Sovereign with Rob :p

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Rob Gambino and NJzFinest should be switched on the results, because I know Ducky didn't place higher than NJz (who was my last match before Hilt in losers)

EDIT: Shoutouts later (and Rob Gambino was the Wario player, NJz.)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ohhh, I see. So I got 5th, I knew it. That's why I wanted to see the bracket. During the tourney, after losing to Xero, I counted the amount of people still in the tourney and found out I got 5th on my own.

Also Vamp vs Jayford happened earlier in the bracket than Beast vs Me, so there's no way we could be that close together in the results (if that makes sense).

And I eliminated Rob from losers after he beat Spin. That was before I advanced to play Beast and Xero. Hmm, these results are funky.

Only thing that seems 100% correct is the top 4/5 lol. Looking forward to the fixed results xD

Count

Smash Champion
It does make sense. In my bracket, the winners is all completely accurate but since whoever ran the hand made bracket at vamp's didn't do it the same way tio would, losers is probably about half wrong. So please notify me of any changes, it really couldn't be helped. Going to edit the changes told so far along with characters now.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmm... switch Rob Gambino with Beast, Beast made it further in the bracket. Only prob is that Rob will be now tied with Spin (he beat Spin before he played me). So I guess after that, Spin will have to be put lower, but I don't remember anything that happened that early in losers.

I only know that Spin lost to Rob, then Rob lost to me, then Beast lost to me, then Xero beat me, then Xero lost to Hilt.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If you didn't use Snake, you wouldn't have earned whatever spot you got in the bracket :p

Count

Smash Champion
If you use a char to win a bracket set, I think it is supposed to stay.

I'll try to get the placings more accurate later as I get a bit more information. Wish I coulda stayed for this then I would've just brought my laptop and all would've been well haha.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
He went Snake less than he went Sonic in the entire tournament, counting pools, but if it's brackets we're talking about, Puff was his main for all matches except that one, so at least switching his characters from snake/puff to puff/snake is fair enough at least.

Regardless, most of us all know who he plays as, so it doesn't matter. People can think what they want :p

And count, and avarice, I REALLY wish you guys would have stayed, I wanted to work on the Diddy matchup some more, and I know you guys are some of the best Diddies around. Avarice would be beaten by yet another timeout if I won at all, cuz I can't kill him for some reason, and Count, I would have taken you to Pirate Ship :D!

I would have used Battlefield too, because of the music on there... After 1 minute remains, my music hack does something ... cool :D

Count

Smash Champion
Sorry, Kryz, I would've loved to have played as well. It's not every day your school goes to the National Championship (and I have tix for tonight!)

I'll be at Vamp's next week, hopefully we can meet there.

edit: edited OP

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Its not like Jay used Snake to win EVERY set. It was just one, against a 85:15 matchup. Thats definetly not main material, and should be considered his secondary at most. The fact that Snake is being put over his puff for using snake in a 85:15 matchup is pretty(very) stupid <_<.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Singles:
9. Beast :falco:/:snake:
9. Jayford :snake:/:jigglypuff:
9. Spin :rob:
13. Rip (tell me lol)
Beast's number has to be changed to 7 lol.

Also, Rob and Snip can't be in the same placing since Rob elimnated Spin. I think after that, everything should be fine.

Count

Smash Champion
Ah I was lazy when I was copy pasting. I meant for beast to be seventh and for spin to be 13th. I'll fix Jayford to puff/snake as well lol..joey you didn't need to flip it's not a huge deal :p..I just forgot to switch it.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Jiggz is the ****, when he went Jiggs against me I'm like "Dude... you're amazing." because I love Jiggz so much, I WOULD MAIN HER IF I DIDN'T ALREADY MAIN MARIO.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Jiggz is the ****, when he went Jiggs against me I'm like "Dude... you're amazing." because I love Jiggz so much, I WOULD MAIN HER IF I DIDN'T ALREADY MAIN MARIO.
You guys are too nice lol.

I'm gonna try to revolutionize puff in Brawl. I think she has super untapped potential. So we shall see how that goes :p. Also, I think I might have figured the G&W match up out :D.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord

Didn't get to play you, but it was fun talking to you and meeting you again. Grats on winning!

Thanks for hosting the tourney, it was pretty awesome. And thanks for being so hype with Jayford vs. Xero, rofl.

Thanks for helping out with the bracket and everything. Nice to finally meet you; your Olimar's really good and I don't know what I did in pools o_o.

Did not enjoy losing to you and Ducky Rob in doubles twice, rofl, but ggs. I was looking forward to playing you, too. Boo. We have to play next time I see you at a tournament.

That set in pools was one of the most intense I've played. I vaguely remembered your name but it finally rung a bell when I was playing you, rofl. Awesome Falco, good games, hopefully I can play you again too.

Our mains never played each other but ggs regardless. uhh. @____@

7. Beast :falco:/:snake:

Don't think I played you, but I saw you and talked with you I'm pretty sure.

roflchurchjohns. Sorry we couldn't finish the set but ggs. Hopefully we'll play again next Saturday or Ren's next tourney. lol lucario and pikachu hats.

Good games in doubles, friendlies, and pools. Surprisingly good Wario.

Nice meeting you again, and fun friendlies; your MK is pretty good. Hopefully we'll play again at another tourney soon.

9. Jayford :jigglypuff:/:snake:

wow, keep repping Brawl Jiggs. That game vs. Xero was awesome...I saw Jigglypuff at 160-something % and was like, "what?" Fun meeting and talking to you, and hopefully we can play friendlies next time we meet, melee or brawl.

wow learn the match-up vs. church

13. Spin :rob:

I didn't play you I don't believe, or talk with you extensively, but I saw you around.

13. Rip (tell me lol)

Sorry we didn't talk more. You seemed familiar but I just recognized you when someone called out Rip, and then I remembered you from AiB. I'm just bad with remembering names, sorry. We didn't get to play either, but hopefully I'll see you again.

ggs in pools. Lol Frigate

Nice seeing you again. Fun doubles and singles friendlies.

Played you and HD in doubles with my brother, ggs. Nice Pikachu.

Fun friendlies, lol "I wanna raise the roof!"

I didn't get to play you this time, but nice seeing you again. I love the icy battlefield texture on your Wii, it's pretty awesome.

Count (1st in doubles) :diddy:

Nice seeing you again, and good games. Your Diddy was so unreadable, like wow. Nice job on making so much from MMs and winning doubles, hopefully we'll meet again soon!

Hopefully next time I won't have to leave, which sucks cause I was playing at my best during pools too. Oh well, it was still a really fun tourney and I'm still glad I went.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
i just want to say to everyone, nice meeting you all, sorry i didn't speak much, but i had an absolutely horrible case of laryngitis due to allergies, and i apologize for that. it was a great time for my first tournament, and i can't wait to go to more.

Kryztedez - played you in pools, i had fun playing someone of your caliber, and you are a super nice guy. it was good to meet you and fun to play your Wario, you said i did well for my first tournament.

Ren - thanks for hosting the tournament, it was a great expierence for my first one. had a blast.

Hilt - had fun riding up with you, had fun playing doubles with you, even though i have not quite gotten the hang of it yet. lol. you are helping me become a better player

Zozofup - played you in first round of brackets, good games. I DON'T ROLL! haha good times for sure. Great Mario

NJzFinest - played you and jayford in doubles, GGs man, and good to meet you, i hope to get better and play you again sometime, forsure.

Brax - never played you, only talked to you. cool guy

Be@sT - Talked to you about Purdue, never got to play you. thanks for giving me some insight to Purdue

Vamp - played you in pools. ggs even though you disposed of me easily. lol still fun, forsure. nice hat. lol

Rob Gambino - lol frigate. didn't expect that one at all. lol ggs, and fun falcon dittos

Sovergin - played you in doubles, had fun, ggs. nice MK

Jayford - klaptraps were out to get you. sweet Puff man. I hope you revolutionize the game with Puff. ggs in doubles

Avarice - saw you play some games. sweet Diddy, forsure

Rip - played you in some friendly ffas. good Kirby man.

Mustard - played you in doubles, good games. good GW

HD - played you in pools, fun ROB dittos.

ED - didnt get to play you, or talk to you. lol

ComradeSnake - cool shirt. good games in pools, had fun..

Calebyte - good Mario, i hope we can play more, our friendlies were fun

Count - never really got to talk or play with you, sory about Butler losing, we were all pulling for them. they played a great game

sorry everyone for not being more vocal, i usually am. hopefully next time it won't happen. had a great time.

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I just want to say first off it was cool to meet everyone here. It was my first tourney and I'm glad I finally got into the scene!

1. Krystedez - ggs in doubles. next time I'm gonna 9 you instead of your bike!

2. Renegade - Awesome friendlies and awesome venue. I'm glad I came to this and I'll definitely be back to more!

3. Hilt - ggs in doubles and pools. I need to learn the Olimar matchup

4. Zozefup - ggs in doubles

5. NJzFinest - ggs in pools and friendlies. Falco is too good/gay lol.

5. Brax - ggs in pools. beast lucario

7. Beast - nice match in singles and doubles. Awesome Snake and I cant believe you went IC's in doubles. too good

7. Vamp - dont think I met or played you

9. Rob Gambino - ggs in doubles. nice Wario

9. Sovereign - nice friendlies and doubles. hopefully next time i wont SD so much in teams

9. Jayford - nice to meet you. NW Indiana sucks lol. Hopefully I can rep them better next time. Definitely have to get some games in if you're ever in Chesterton

9. Avarice (forfeit) - ggs in pools. I'm never CP'ing Diddy to Frigate again....nah I'll probably still CP there lol.

13. Spin - It was my first tourney too! nice to meet you and ggs in doubles. Nice ROB

13. Rip (tell me lol) - awesome friendlies. nice Kirby

13. HD - awesome friendlies/dittos. I'm still getting use to GaW so you'll have to show me some things next time/help with matchups. Also we should team sometime double GaW FTW!!!

17. ED - Fun Friendlies Nice Pikachu

17. ComradeSnake - Fun friendlies and ggs in singles. It was an intense set

17. Calebyte - I dont think I met or played you

Overall it was a really fun experience and I'll definitely be back to more of these!!!

Top Bottom